1. #1
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    37

    Talking Airtel 3G speed on 2G plans

    Hey guys, I was using bsnl 3g by now. (Rs 4200/ 6 mnths unlimited plans)
    But after that plan was over and with no more unlimited plans in bsnl, I was looking for some good data plans.
    bsnl 3g was ok with inconsistent speeds and too many disconnection issues.
    I activated a 98 rs/2 gb plan on my airtel 2g card and used it with my data card on pc. I was surprised to see I was getting nearly 5 mbps speed with a fairly constant rate of 3 mbps without any sort of disconnection whatsoever.
    even downloading was good. With IDM it was 300kbps avg.

  2. #2
    Silver Member
    mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default

    please mention your circle

  3. #3
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I am from Ahmedabad

  4. #4
    Silver Member
    mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default

    yaar all tricks (or loop holes) are found in gujarat circle only. i really feel jealous about that...

  5. #5
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandaamir View Post
    yaar all tricks (or loop holes) are found in gujarat circle only. i really feel jealous about that...
    Maybe you are right coz in guj airtel is using idea's tower so It might be giving 3g speeds, also on my huawei's mobile partner software it shows HSPA+.

  6. #6
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7

    Question Can I use 2G card in 3G sim

    My 3G card's validity is till 10th Sept 2011 and I want to put 2G internet card of 98.. So will it give me data before my 3G card expiry date .. ????

  7. #7
    Bronze Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    287

    Default

    On a new recharge old validity automatically expires, and as you said you are using 3G services so recharging with 2G plan will not be possible on your number. For 2G services first deactivate 3G by sending 3G to 121 and then recharge with 98 pack and select mode as dual mode that is GSM+3G/UMTS/HSPA and see if you get 3G speeds with 2G 98 recharge.

  8. #8
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pisces_m View Post
    On a new recharge old validity automatically expires, and as you said you are using 3G services so recharging with 2G plan will not be possible on your number. For 2G services first deactivate 3G by sending 3G to 121 and then recharge with 98 pack and select mode as dual mode that is GSM+3G/UMTS/HSPA and see if you get 3G speeds with 2G 98 recharge.
    Thanks,

    But in network type I have selected WCDMA Preferred... (I have Huwai E173Bu-1 modem) that means dual mode normally if it get access it can get 3G network too or else 2G...

    So now m converting my Airtel sim back to 2G n checking weather its working or not wid the 98 recharge for 3G speed...

  9. #9
    Silver Member
    mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohitshukla View Post
    Thanks,

    But in network type I have selected WCDMA Preferred... (I have Huwai E173Bu-1 modem) that means dual mode normally if it get access it can get 3G network too or else 2G...

    So now m converting my Airtel sim back to 2G n checking weather its working or not wid the 98 recharge for 3G speed...
    if vodafone has separate license for 3G in your circle then airtel sim will surely get 3G signal in 2G sim also.

    but if vodafone doesnt have separate license for 3G, then it has tied up with Airtel for 3G. and for this reason, in such circles, airtel is not letting its 2G users to access 3G signals (vodafone's policy)

    a very good example for this is delhi circle getting 3G access in 2G sim whereas in rajasthan (my circle), 3G access is only allowed after 3G activation.
    Last edited by mickeyandaamir; 29th August 2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: mistake

  10. #10
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandaamir View Post
    if vodafone has separate license for 3G in your circle then airtel sim will surely get 3G signal in 2G sim also.

    but if vodafone doesnt have separate license for 3G, then it has tied up with Airtel for 3G. and for this reason, in such circles, airtel is not letting its 2G users to access 3G signals (vodafone's policy)

    a very good example for this is delhi circle getting 3G access in 2G sim whereas in rajasthan (my circle), 3G access is only allowed after 3G activation.
    Well In my area (UP east, kanpur)
    I don't find Vodaphone 2G or 3G signals ..
    So what does it means .. ???

  11. #11
    Silver Member
    mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohitshukla View Post
    Well In my area (UP east, kanpur)
    I don't find Vodaphone 2G or 3G signals ..
    So what does it means .. ???
    if no 2G or 3G signals of vodafone in your circles, then that means you are out of your mind
    bcoz thats next to impossible.

  12. #12
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandaamir View Post
    if no 2G or 3G signals of vodafone in your circles, then that means you are out of your mind
    bcoz thats next to impossible.
    Sir,
    Here is the proof from my desktop...

  13. #13
    Silver Member
    mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohitshukla View Post
    Sir,
    Here is the proof from my desktop...
    dude, if it doesnt come in your area that doesnt mean that vodafone is not present as a 2G service provider in your circle....

    Have some logic / common sense at least.

  14. #14
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanketpatil21 View Post
    where in ahmedabad i m also from ahmedabad i m getting fair enough speed with docomo but want to use airtel.
    I am from satellite

  15. #15
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default Airtel 3G speed on 2G plans

    I have viewed your post.it is very useful for everyone i shall be grateful if you help me in the promotion of my site,It will be a great owner for me.

  16. #16
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    wow what a speed in 2g plan. are you right in 2g plan get the 3g speed. thank for the share
    if any one not using it then try it and share it it's wonder full idea

  17. #17
    Bronze Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    101

    Default

    downloaded almost 900MB in 20 minutes......on 2g plan with nokia N8....

  18. #18
    Bronze Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    101

    Default

    yup....1GB download in 45minutes.......

  19. #19
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    hello frnds, once i did-first convert my 2g airtel sim to 3g then after 3g being activated in my sim i dial *567# and opt for rs 10 plan 100 mb i was left with my 5 rs bal then i acess net but my 5 rs bal vanished i contact cust care and she said that 2g plan will not work in 3g.....but my friends in allahabad are acessing 3g at rs 98 in airtel only.i m currently in ghaziabad.kindly help me i f u know the solution.

  20. #20
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default Airtel | DSL

    Airtel 3G is providing the best Downloading and Surfing Speed then any other network, But Airtel 3G Data Plans are bit costly and normal person can't afford it. So we all want to get 3G speed in 2G Gprs Plans in Airtel 3G which is now possible and working 100%
    * First deactivate all the Gprs Data Plans and Activate Airtel 3G
    * Now Activate 7rs Airtel 3G plan and wait till the service got activated
    * Use 2-3 MB data and then recharge with 98rs 2G Gprs pack on the same day
    * After than do not use Internet till the validity of 7rs plan gets completely over
    * Viola! You hack Airtel 3G speed, now enjoy 3G speed in 98rs plans

  21. #21
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    what after 98 plan over will i have to again recharge with 7rs plan??

  22. #22
    Silver Member
    mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by dasiydee View Post
    Airtel 3G is providing the best Downloading and Surfing Speed then any other network, But Airtel 3G Data Plans are bit costly and normal person can't afford it. So we all want to get 3G speed in 2G Gprs Plans in Airtel 3G which is now possible and working 100%
    * First deactivate all the Gprs Data Plans and Activate Airtel 3G
    * Now Activate 7rs Airtel 3G plan and wait till the service got activated
    * Use 2-3 MB data and then recharge with 98rs 2G Gprs pack on the same day
    * After than do not use Internet till the validity of 7rs plan gets completely over
    * Viola! You hack Airtel 3G speed, now enjoy 3G speed in 98rs plans


    not working at all...

  23. #23
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    i am in jaipur(rajasthan) i have micromax 352g data card. i m using vodafone 2g sim for internet. when i serch for 3g signal it connects with airtel 3g how comes it possible when i m using voadfone sim. Last time when i tried to connect to airtel 3g it was connected and i was getting 900KBps speed that was awesome but now its not getting airtel 3g signel

  24. #24
    Silver Member
    mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunilc091 View Post
    i am in jaipur(rajasthan) i have micromax 352g data card. i m using vodafone 2g sim for internet. when i serch for 3g signal it connects with airtel 3g how comes it possible when i m using voadfone sim. Last time when i tried to connect to airtel 3g it was connected and i was getting 900KBps speed that was awesome but now its not getting airtel 3g signel
    vodafone doesnt have 3g license in rajasthan and it has tied up with airtel for 3g services as per roaming agreement.

    unless u wont activate 3g on ur vodafone, u wont get acess to airtel 3g, as same is the case with proper airtel 2g user.

  25. #25
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandaamir View Post
    vodafone doesnt have 3g license in rajasthan and it has tied up with airtel for 3g services as per roaming agreement.

    unless u wont activate 3g on ur vodafone, u wont get acess to airtel 3g, as same is the case with proper airtel 2g user.
    Yes u r right airtel shares network with vodafone

  26. #26
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default 2g & 3g

    Guys i have used all types of 3G plans and 2G plans of all the networks available.
    I found bsnl 3G cheap and best so far despite of being called as Bhai sahab nahi lagega.
    BSNL 3G is available on even if have 2G or 3G sim doesnt matter.
    Imp thing is : If you paid for 2g plan u'll get 2g speed and if u have 3g plan u'll get 3g speed irrespective of sim.
    Now there are some loopholes...many guys said that they recharged vid 2g plan and got speed of 3g.Reallity is that you will get 3G speed on 2g plan only for some time or a day,once u start downloading (>50 mb) your speed will automatically be reduced to 20kbps.this thing is happening vid monthly n fort nightly 2G plans, but if u recharge vid 14 rs,27 rs 2g plans u'll get 200 mb n 500 mb repectively. those are best for getting a speed of upto 500kpbs on 3G network.only pblm is tht u have to keep recharging regularly...i hope tht much can be done by anyone since its cheap....njy

  27. #27
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default 3G Speed

    Quote Originally Posted by adityaseju View Post
    Hey guys, I was using bsnl 3g by now. (Rs 4200/ 6 mnths unlimited plans)
    But after that plan was over and with no more unlimited plans in bsnl, I was looking for some good data plans.
    bsnl 3g was ok with inconsistent speeds and too many disconnection issues.
    I activated a 98 rs/2 gb plan on my airtel 2g card and used it with my data card on pc. I was surprised to see I was getting nearly 5 mbps speed with a fairly constant rate of 3 mbps without any sort of disconnection whatsoever.
    even downloading was good. With IDM it was 300kbps avg.
    Hi... Is this Plan still available for Delhi

  28. #28
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default Such a fool

    Yaar this trick was working for me But not anymore as they have rectified it , i have been using it for last 6 months. I dunno why some people have to post it on forums and have it notified to others, cant u use it for urselves?

  29. #29
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    this is trick is also work in jaipur ....................chack it all india in airtel

  30. #30
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Not possible in my area,H appears but it always say link not available and i had 98rs 2g pack.

Similar Threads

  1. Airtel 3G Plans
    By Preeti_20 in forum Airtel 3G
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 31st July 2013, 03:19 PM
  2. Airtel 3G Plans
    By kinshuk7566 in forum Airtel 3G
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 3rd May 2013, 08:47 PM
  3. Airtel 3g speed(500KB/s-600KB/s) in 2g plans
    By darksideRG in forum Airtel 3G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 9th January 2012, 03:58 PM
  4. doubt reg airtel's doubling speed for all existing plans
    By srinpraveen in forum Airtel Broadband
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2nd May 2010, 04:42 AM
  5. Airtel 3g plans
    By atuljain in forum Airtel 3G
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27th April 2010, 09:47 PM

Posting Permissions

Log in

Log in
BSNL Broadband Forum Airtel Broadband Forum Reliance Broadband Forum Tikona Broadband Forum MTNL Broadband Forum Tata Broadband Forum
BSNL 3G Forum MTNL 3G Forum Idea 3G Forum Airtel 3G Forum Reliance 3G Forum Vodafone 3G Forum
Airtel Mobile Forum Reliance Mobile Forum BSNL Mobile Forum Idea Mobile Forum Vodafone Mobile Forum Aircel Mobile Forum
Tata Sky Forum Dish TV Forum Reliance DTH Forum Videocon DTH Forum Airtel DTH Forum SUN DTH Forum