Results 1 to 35 of 35

Good News For Airtel Broadband Users

  1. #1
    Junior Member thesuleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7

    Cool Good News For Airtel Broadband Users

    Good News For Airtel Broadband Users 0_o

    Airtel New Plans

    Just call CC and conform:cool2:


    Here are plan details:


    Plan 1
    Explorer Rs.1099-----Speed 384kbps unlimited in day and night 10:00Pm to 6:00Am 1mbps unlimited and on sunday 24hrs unlimited 1mbps
    Plan 2
    Turbo Rs.1299---------Speed 512kbps unlimited day Night 1mbps unlimited
    Plan 3
    Freedom Rs.1699--------Speed 1mbps unlimited
    Plan 4
    Velocity Rs.2999----Speed 2mbps unlimited
    Last edited by thesuleman; 21st July 2009 at 11:41 AM.

  2. #2
    Platinum Member panchabhut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    please watch the language
    Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Consciousness.

  3. #3
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    Broadband from YOU Telecom: Leading Hi Speed Broadband Internet Service provider in India.Super Fast Connection.

    Check availability in your area
    We are expanding the presence of our broadband services across the country. Currently our network is present in 12 cities. Check if YOU broadband is available in your area.
    Now very restricted availability.
    Compare with Airtel/BSNL.

  4. #4
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thesuleman View Post
    Good News For Airtel Broadband Users 0_o

    Airtel New Plans

    Just call CC and conform:cool2:


    Here are plan details:


    Plan 1
    Explorer Rs.1099-----Speed 384kbps unlimited in day and night 10:00Pm to 6:00Am 1mbps unlimited and on sunday 24hrs unlimited 1mbps
    Plan 2
    Turbo Rs.1299---------Speed 512kbps unlimited day Night 1mbps unlimited
    Plan 3
    Freedom Rs.1699--------Speed 1mbps unlimited
    Plan 4
    Velocity Rs.2999----Speed 2mbps unlimited
    1099 doesnt have any 24 Hrs 1Mbps Unltd on Sunday in my area , please check the updated plan list on the airtel website

    Broadband plans | Broadband Internet Tariffs | New Offers & Plan in India from Airtel

    All the other plans Turbo 1299 / Freedom 1699 / Velocity 2999 have bandwidth caps , so they are practically useless for heavy downloaders , 1099 is sweet , at the moment 1099 doesnt have FUP attached to it , sent an email to CC , lets see what they say !!! but where did u read that Sundays is 24 Hrs 1 Mbps unltd ?

    Thanks very much for the update , if it wasn't for you I would be still be stuck with my current 888 plan , I get more info on here than on the airtel homepage , thanks a lot bhai, u made my day

  5. #5
    Junior Member thesuleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by jakemake123456 View Post
    1099 doesnt have any 24 Hrs 1Mbps Unltd on Sunday in my area , please check the updated plan list on the airtel website

    where did u read that Sundays is 24 Hrs 1 Mbps unltd ?
    Dude check our AP circle and tamil nadu etc we have 24hrs 1mbps unlimited on sunday

    HEre is the link for AP circle and see there Download Speed *384 Kbps(Day) & 1 Mbps(Night) & Sunday

    And also CC told me about that 1mbps unlimited for sunday 24hrs

    oops sorry i cant post url till 15post but go airtel site and select Andra Pradesh and select Explorer 1099:cool2:

  6. #6
    Good to be Back
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakemake123456 View Post
    All the other plans Turbo 1299 / Freedom 1699 / Velocity 2999 have bandwidth caps
    What does this mean. Can you explain this..
    thanks in advance..

    Also in the airtel site under the plan "Explorer 1099",
    for Download Speed: 384 Kbps(Day) & 1 Mbps(Night) & Sunday
    what does Sunday mean here..
    Last edited by Rameshjeee; 22nd July 2009 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Collection of my useful Threads - All in One

  7. #7
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    Ideally, Sunday should mean Sunday 12 AM to Sunday 11:59 PM.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  8. #8
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thesuleman View Post
    Dude check our AP circle and tamil nadu etc we have 24hrs 1mbps unlimited on sunday

    HEre is the link for AP circle and see there Download Speed *384 Kbps(Day) & 1 Mbps(Night) & Sunday

    And also CC told me about that 1mbps unlimited for sunday 24hrs

    oops sorry i cant post url till 15post but go airtel site and select Andra Pradesh and select Explorer 1099:cool2:
    Sorry Sirji, but for Maharashtra & Goa Circle its only this

    Day(6AM-10PM)-384Kbps, Night(10 PM-6 AM)-1Mbps

    none the less , thanks for the clarification , Tamilnadu guys are lucky , 4 days a month 1 Mbps for 24 hrs .

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Anyone know that wheather the 1mbps plan previously got 1mbps upload speed or 512kbps upload speeds.
    With the new plans i was expecting improved upload speeds as i want them badly. But the 1mbps plan was giving me only 512 kbps upload. When i called the customer care, they told me that all the new plans have got 1/2 of upload speeds. Is it true?? anyone with the new 512 kbps plans....
    A the time of upgrading i asked them abt the upload speeds and they told me that it will be 1mbps. But the f is the speed..
    I was expecting some real speed upgrades with the new plans and now i am completely dissapointed to see that they are still trying to play around with the customers' knowledge by applying their evil tricks. I want upload speeds and i am ready to pay for it.. where the heck should i go.... i didnt call this any advancement in the broadband standards in india.... instead this is a shame... i am really dissapointed...

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    86

    Default 1099 plan

    guys could u plz tell me how to use speed on demand in 1099 airtel plan ......
    it shows that in 1099 plan we will get 100rps worth speed on demand free per mont is it true plzzz someone reply.....

  11. #11
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    What is rps?
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  12. #12
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,766

    Default

    rupees?

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devlevis View Post
    guys could u plz tell me how to use speed on demand in 1099 airtel plan ......
    it shows that in 1099 plan we will get 100rps worth speed on demand free per mont is it true plzzz someone reply.....
    I think you have to activate speed on demand by logging in your account on airtelbroadband.in
    Or the best way is to just give a call on 121 and they will guide you thru the process....

  14. #14
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    Offtopic:

    The correct way of writing currency is - currency symbol<no space>number, e.g., Rs.100 or $20 or 50.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  15. #15
    18lama
    Guest

    Default

    fftopic:

    ^ For indian rupees and the correct shortform is INR and not Rs.

  16. #16
    Jedi knight Luke Skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Rs. is also correct according to wikipedia. There is no symbol of rupee till now.

  17. #17
    18lama
    Guest

    Default

    Have you ever done online shopping?..or read an official bank statement?...lol

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Guys... can we plz stop fighting abt the currency thing..... The topic is abt something else and i raised some question... so, snyone....

    But wait, how should i expect you to answer this as the people at airtel didnt have the answer themselves. I am really getting confused abt these new plans.... Here's the digest of conversations i am having with airtel cc

    Day 1 (i get the call from their promotion dept)

    They told me abt the new airtel plans and the one i was really excited abt was the 1699 for 1mbps unlimited with 1:1 ration. I was dying to get over the 512 kbps upload barrier as i really need it and when they say that the new 1mbps got equal upload, i asked them atleast 10 times and then agreed straight away to activate that for me. Remember i opted for the plan only coz of 1mbps upload.

    3 days( plans activated)

    Finally i got the plan activated i headed for the speedtest.net straighaway. But WTF, download - 1mbps and upload speeds were just 512kbps. I checked the website for info on the new plans, but they didnt mentioned abt the upload speeds. I gave them a call and some stupid executive attended me. He was not in a mood to listen and i was in a mood to speak out loudly. He tried to convince me with lame reasons like the speeds are actually divided by 8, you never get equall speeds, you might have some viruses. I said ok just confirm me abt the specs of this new 1mbps plan and after hell lot of confirmation he told me that new plans cary 1:4 speed ratios. I said ok launch a complaint in this regard for now. He tried to loose me by making me wait for long but i was not in a mood to let if off. A complaint number and a dull assurance about the complaint followed. Then just to confirm abt the plan, i registered myself in the "Request for a connection" area and left my telephone number.

    Till now.
    I got a call in return of the connection request(very promt but what abt complaint resolution) and i put the same question before the person, " what the hell is the real upload speeds for that plan". She's even more confused abt this and no solution with that call either. Now i called the cc once again and luckily some smart excecutive attended me this time. I told him the whole scenario and after a lot "Research" he returned with a confident answer, its 1:2 ratio.. sir. I asked even more confusing question, "are you sure that other two fellows i contacted previously are Wrong". Even deeper research this time and came out with some good news this time, "I have confirmed with the seniors, the plan got 1mbps down as well 1mbps upload..... damn sure this time". Ok, then do somthing abt my missing bits, i said. Another series of assurities and apologies, but lets see what happened later.

  19. #19
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    196

    Default

    This is what the CC rep sent me on inquiring about Explore 1099 Plan ,



    I Live in Pune . The CC rep did mention that there will be 100 RS worth of Speed On Demand free (2Mbps) .It looks like Airtel has different restrictions for different Locations. Like for Pune (Mah & Goa Circle) the Explore 1099 Plan is @ 384 Kbps in the Day and 1 Mbps in the Night (No FUP) , but for Delhi in the Day time there is a bandwidth cap of 75 GB after that the speed is rationed by 50% .
    Last edited by jakemake123456; 26th July 2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #20
    Platinum Member strider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    The explorer plan is good!
    Munni badnaam hui, darling tere liye
    Le zandu balm hui, darling tere liye

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default

    New crap from airtel... They changed their plans yet again.....
    Watch this -- airtel.in/experience/
    They removed the double speeds in night and changed the 384kbps plan to 512 kbps.....

    Now i have to change my plan for the third time and all those extra charges i am going to pay will be for nothing.....

  22. #22
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    196

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by ishanjain View Post
    New crap from airtel... They changed their plans yet again.....
    Watch this -- airtel.in/experience/
    They removed the double speeds in night and changed the 384kbps plan to 512 kbps.....

    Now i have to change my plan for the third time and all those extra charges i am going to pay will be for nothing.....
    Dude , where do u live ? What plan are you on ? ,
    most of us are following this link to check plans .

    Broadband plans | Broadband Internet Tariffs | New Offers & Plan in India from Airtel


  23. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakemake123456 View Post
    Dude , where do u live ? What plan are you on ? ,
    most of us are following this link to check plans .
    Sorry... there was a confusion....
    Actually i was checking on airtel.in/experience
    Previously they put the details like 1mbps@night on the front page itself...
    Last time i checked, there were some changes.... they removed the 1mbps@night from the front but they were written in the inner links which i didnt notices. And they also removed the 384 kbps plans.
    All things are clear now.. i opted for 1299 plan..... What do you guys have now ??

  24. #24
    Junior Member thesuleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7

    Cool

    well i got this plan 1099Rs. on last saturday in day time im getting 50-60KBps download speed:thumbup: and in night 10pm to 6am im getting 155-165KBps download speed and also on sunday 24hrs 1mbps speed :clap:

    and there is no FUP in our AP circle for any plan:thumbup:im very happy with this Explorer 1099 plan

    Airte Rocks:rockon:

  25. #25
    Platinum Member strider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thesuleman View Post
    well i got this plan 1099Rs. on last saturday in day time im getting 50-60KBps download speed:thumbup: and in night 10pm to 6am im getting 155-165KBps download speed and also on sunday 24hrs 1mbps speed :clap:

    and there is no FUP in our AP circle for any plan:thumbup:im very happy with this Explorer 1099 plan

    Airte Rocks:rockon:
    Looks good this plan. :stuart:
    Munni badnaam hui, darling tere liye
    Le zandu balm hui, darling tere liye

  26. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thesuleman View Post
    well i got this plan 1099Rs. on last saturday in day time im getting 50-60KBps download speed:thumbup: and in night 10pm to 6am im getting 155-165KBps download speed and also on sunday 24hrs 1mbps speed :clap:

    and there is no FUP in our AP circle for any plan:thumbup:im very happy with this Explorer 1099 plan

    Airte Rocks:rockon:
    Dude are you sure abt this..... I think that the 1mbps speed @ night is not available in 1099 plan. If it is then whats the difference left in 1299 plan and 1099 plan....
    Check this link -- airtel.in/experience
    They cahnged it yet again and now its clearly mentioned that the speeds @ night is 1mbps. WTF
    This time if they are going to change the plans, i am going to sue them...

  27. #27
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    114

    Default

    If it is then whats the difference left in 1299 plan and 1099 plan....

    1099 plan has 384 Kbps speed during day time while 1299 provides 512 Kbps speed!!


    Edit-

    The 1299 turbo plan mentions 512 kbps even at night!! I guess that is some mistake coz if you click on it then another window opens where night speed is 1 mbps!!

  28. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8

    Thumbs up

    thanks i didnt knew abt this plan i was using 256 unlimited but noe thinking to migrate to explorer 1099 . this plan is really good

  29. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eyesonyouu View Post
    1099 plan has 384 Kbps speed during day time while 1299 provides 512 Kbps speed!!


    Edit-

    The 1299 turbo plan mentions 512 kbps even at night!! I guess that is some mistake coz if you click on it then another window opens where night speed is 1 mbps!!
    Yeah... i also noticed this now......
    But this is not a fair practice. They are clearly cheating this way. On the front page it is clearly written speed@night 512 kbps, and inside it is 1mbps. They must be doing this becoz of too many applicants but whatever, they are not supposed to do like that.

  30. #30
    Jedi knight Luke Skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 18lama View Post
    Have you ever done online shopping?..or read an official bank statement?...lol
    I have read bank statement.

  31. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    86

    Default 1099 plan

    guys i m using 1099 plan so is there ny download limit i mean if i cross so gb's like 50 r 60gb downloading then will my speed reduces???????////
    nd also is nyone using this plan if yes then wot speed u r getting during day nd nite time??????///i m getting 48-50 during day nd at time i m getting 125 so is this gud????////
    is sunday i will get 1mbps plzzzz reply........

  32. #32
    Good to be Back
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devlevis View Post
    guys i m using 1099 plan so is there ny download limit i mean if i cross so gb's like 50 r 60gb downloading then will my speed reduces???????////
    nd also is nyone using this plan if yes then wot speed u r getting during day nd nite time??????///i m getting 48-50 during day nd at time i m getting 125 so is this gud????////
    is sunday i will get 1mbps plzzzz reply........
    Fair Usage Policy applies to this plan (1099) as well.
    The normal speed would be 384 kbps (during day) & 1mbps (during night)

    Once you cross the 70 GB limit, the day speed would reduce to 256 kbps from 384 kbps. But there wouldn't be any impact on the night speed i.e. the spped @ night would remain 1 mbps as usual.
    Collection of my useful Threads - All in One

  33. #33
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    114

    Default

    guys i m using 1099 plan so is there ny download limit i mean if i cross so gb's like 50 r 60gb downloading then will my speed reduces???????////
    nd also is nyone using this plan if yes then wot speed u r getting during day nd nite time??????///i m getting 48-50 during day nd at time i m getting 125 so is this gud????////
    is sunday i will get 1mbps plzzzz reply........
    You havent mentioned your city!! their are different plans for different cities!! Delhi, Punjab, Haryana have bandwidth caps!! whereas I guess Mumbai, AP, Tamil nadu dont have bandwidth caps!

  34. #34
    Jedi knight Luke Skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    The price of this plan might get reduced further. Read the broadband news here:-
    http://www.indiabroadband.net/india-...-proposed.html

  35. #35
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ishanjain View Post
    Yeah... i also noticed this now......
    But this is not a fair practice. They are clearly cheating this way. On the front page it is clearly written speed@night 512 kbps, and inside it is 1mbps. They must be doing this becoz of too many applicants but whatever, they are not supposed to do like that.
    If you notice , Airtel has different restrictions for the same plan for different locations . Most of us follow this link .

    Broadband plans | Broadband Internet Tariffs | New Offers & Plan in India from Airtel


Similar Threads

  1. Good News for HYDERABAD users
    By terminatorr5 in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th September 2012, 09:21 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 1st January 2012, 05:53 PM
  3. Good News for BIG TV users
    By dakshi.me in forum Big TV
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16th August 2010, 03:14 PM
  4. Good news for Reliance Broadband users in Delhi
    By Rcom in forum Reliance Broadband
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15th June 2010, 12:38 PM
  5. Good news for tata sky users!
    By robin_75 in forum Tata sky
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27th March 2009, 03:02 PM