- 6th February 2010 #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2010
changing airtel broadband cable connection to wifi
I am using Airtel broadband connection with my PC. Recently I have bought a new laptop and I want to use wifi connectivity. I am planning to buy a wireless router for that purpose and I want both the connections i.e cable and wifi. Anyone advice me how to make it possible. Also please specify the wireless router to be bought for this. I have Beetel 220BXI (ADSL2+MODEM) router with my cable connection. I dont want to call airtel for changing this as I have heard that the modem they install for wifi can only be used for wifi connectivity and cable connection is not possible. Please help me out.
- 6th February 2010 #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
Airtel will supply a Beetel 450BX1 ( almost same as beetel 220BX with Wireless board)
or Beetel 450 TC1. ( WA3002- G1 same )
Both can be used with RJ45 cables to 4 different computers/laptops. in LAN/ethernet mode.
In WIFI mode any number can be used in close proximity.
( Distance/Obstruction/Height etc matter ).
I think You have ONLY AIRTEL telephone line based Broadband connection.
Airtel will give in Exchange WIFI router on additional
NON Refundable additional deposit of Rs 500/= No monthly rent.
- By Shivam in forum Reliance BroadbandReplies: 2Last Post: 25th July 2014, 02:02 PM
- By jay13_shah in forum Airtel BroadbandReplies: 6Last Post: 31st July 2013, 10:36 PM
- By lovato in forum Cable Internet ServicesReplies: 1Last Post: 19th May 2013, 01:59 AM
- By prasanthg in forum Airtel BroadbandReplies: 5Last Post: 23rd October 2012, 10:22 AM
- By thangamani88 in forum BSNL broadbandReplies: 3Last Post: 24th May 2009, 02:29 PM