Results 1 to 27 of 27

Bored By FUP of Airtel ?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default Bored By FUP of Airtel ?

    Hi

    Are you bored by the AUP of the airtel then write a RTI application and send to seeking the full details of FAIR USE POLICY implemented by TRAI


    Actually there is no FUP in fully unlimited plan. Here is lot of information in the TRAI website

    TRAI::::::

    Please do not write a big letter to RTI to TRAL just ask two question for letter you are going to spend only Rs 10 as court fee for it so do not many in single you can send as many RTI as you can so be slow and steady

  2. #2
    Sanjeev_man
    Guest

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by jegavelan View Post
    Hi

    Are you bored by the AUP of the airtel then write a RTI application and send to seeking the full details of FAIR USE POLICY implemented by TRAI


    Actually there is no FUP in fully unlimited plan. Here is lot of information in the TRAI website

    TRAI::::::

    Please do not write a big letter to RTI to TRAL just ask two question for letter you are going to spend only Rs 10 as court fee for it so do not many in single you can send as many RTI as you can so be slow and steady
    Thanks for the information but we acn do nothing about it all it depends upon the airtel whatever the limits on the unlimited plans they have put that will be followed!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeev_man View Post
    Thanks for the information but we acn do nothing about it all it depends upon the airtel whatever the limits on the unlimited plans they have put that will be followed!
    Hi

    They can have there own plans but it should have to follow the TRAI rules and Regulations, Have any one asked why the AIRTEL does not have the FUP for the 256 kbps plans alone if they have so it breach of the TRAI regulations of broadband as per it all the service provide of minimum of 256 kbps for broadband

  4. #4
    Sanjeev_man
    Guest

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by jegavelan View Post
    Hi

    They can have there own plans but it should have to follow the TRAI rules and Regulations, Have any one asked why the AIRTEL does not have the FUP for the 256 kbps plans alone if they have so it breach of the TRAI regulations of broadband as per it all the service provide of minimum of 256 kbps for broadband
    Not only private players even the government itself is shameless by adopting these Fair usage policy
    All we can do is be quiet otherwise when of over 10000 only one is speaking and the others are mum then nothing could be done

    Either you ask or not or you shout or not they don't have any affect

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeev_man View Post
    Not only private players even the government itself is shameless by adopting these Fair usage policy
    All we can do is be quiet otherwise when of over 10000 only one is speaking and the others are mum then nothing could be done

    Either you ask or not or you shout or not they don't have any affect
    No Govt have the FUP in the totally unlimited If i have the Airtel broadband i would have sent it first but i am having the BSNL only

  6. #6
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    Can you or TRAI compel any ISP,to give free download without limit?
    H24 or say night times ? at speed you want ?
    Because the servers may not be busy, (as well as telephone eqpt) ISPs give additional
    fac ility to users to download during these periods.
    By Practice, they have found , some users, misuse the facility, and so give some restrictions on total download.
    If ISP's withdraw this facility, nothing can be done to compel them.
    proverb
    "Don't look at the Gift horse in the mouth"

    BTW I have 2 Mbps Unlimited download 0900PM to 0800 AM from Airtel ( old user )
    No FUP for me , even if new FUP plans are
    introduced in all circles for new users.
    '

  7. #7
    Sanjeev_man
    Guest

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by essbebe View Post
    Can you or TRAI compel any ISP,to give free download without limit?
    H24 or say night times ? at speed you want ?
    Because the servers may not be busy, (as well as telephone eqpt) ISPs give additional
    fac ility to users to download during these periods.
    By Practice, they have found , some users, misuse the facility, and so give some restrictions on total download.
    If ISP's withdraw this facility, nothing can be done to compel them.
    proverb
    "Don't look at the Gift horse in the mouth"

    BTW I have 2 Mbps Unlimited download 0900PM to 0800 AM from Airtel ( old user )
    No FUP for me , even if new FUP plans are
    introduced in all circles for new users.
    '
    Good info about the policies framed by airtel infact,i should say the statement
    "Don't look at the Gift horse in the mouth"


    Is really genuine and applicable!If they stop such facility then what anyone can do?

  8. #8
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    I am also against FUP but FUP has been introduced because over 95% of the user that are affected by FUP fall into the category of "pirates".

    Airtel is notorious for having one plan for existing users and others for new users.

    But let us leave aside that argument. Consider this plan: Airtel Freedom 1399. Under this plan, for Rs. 1399 (plus tax), one gets 1 Mbps till 25GB, and 512 Kbps beyond 25GB.

    I can tell you that 25 GB is more than sufficient for all your surfing needs, any type of patches or virus file definition upgrades, occasional software downloads, more than generous YouTube downloads, text and video chats.

    After exhausting 25 GB, you get 512 kbps for the rest of the month.

    But if you are downloading 10 movies per day then obviously you will be consuming a huge bandwidth.

    I am sorry. But I cannot support the argument that there should be no FUP because it will then allow me to download pirated stuff as much as I please.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just4kix View Post
    I am also against FUP but FUP has been introduced because over 95% of the user that are affected by FUP fall into the category of "pirates".

    Airtel is notorious for having one plan for existing users and others for new users.

    But let us leave aside that argument. Consider this plan: Airtel Freedom 1399. Under this plan, for Rs. 1399 (plus tax), one gets 1 Mbps till 25GB, and 512 Kbps beyond 25GB.

    I can tell you that 25 GB is more than sufficient for all your surfing needs, any type of patches or virus file definition upgrades, occasional software downloads, more than generous YouTube downloads, text and video chats.

    After exhausting 25 GB, you get 512 kbps for the rest of the month.

    But if you are downloading 10 movies per day then obviously you will be consuming a huge bandwidth.

    I am sorry. But I cannot support the argument that there should be no FUP because it will then allow me to download pirated stuff as much as I please.
    Hi

    I understand warez stuffs are more than the original one. But You say

    I can tell you that 25 GB is more than sufficient for all your surfing needs, any type of patches or virus file definition upgrades, occasional software downloads, more than generous YouTube downloads, text and
    video chats.
    Why a 256 kbps is not enough for all those which you have stated above ? it more than enough

    If you say its not enough also a 512 kbps is more than enough for all the those activity correct ?

    Then why ISP are providing the other plans which as more than 8Mbps also for the home users ?

    There is no need to provide such a plan itself.

    Even myself you and other download the songs form many sites Do you thing all the downloaded songs are legal ?

    How many people using the legal version of the software in there system ?
    Answer less than 1 % correct ?


    Do you think that is ISP is not aware of all those ? They know they just do it for only money sake it is truth then why should we not ?

    Even the Govt Of India or ISP is not ready to block the file sharing sites (100 % Warez software and illegal movies is present ) why should we alone sacrifice ?

  10. #10
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    You have completely missed the point. ISPs do not care about piracy - although they will if someone takes action against them - in US they are doing this now.

    What ISPs are miffed about is everybody is using high speed plans to download heavily and hog all the bandwidth. Earlier the menace was much small but nowadays everyone is downloading stuff left right and center. So they say that "within FUP we are giving you enough limit so that your legitimate requirements are met completely. We are not charging extra for overusage but only limiting speeds so that we are able to provide equal QoS to others who are not heavy users."
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  11. #11
    Platinum Member mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just4kix View Post
    ISPs do not care about piracy - although they will if someone takes action against them - in US they are doing this now.
    [/I]
    i missed all this thread.. but about piracy this explains everything... download an mp3 in 10 seconds.. great job airtel..
    job takes the child away.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just4kix View Post
    What ISPs are miffed about is everybody is using high speed plans to download heavily and hog all the bandwidth. Earlier the menace was much small but nowadays everyone is downloading stuff left right and center. So they say that "within FUP we are giving you enough limit so that your legitimate requirements are met completely. We are not charging extra for overusage but only limiting speeds so that we are able to provide equal QoS to others who are not heavy users."

    Hmmm fine If there one law and regulation it should be straight forward it should not be bent and adjusted as per the needs of the person and situation

    If ISP`s is really concerned about bandwidth used by there users in form of downloading the Warez they should block all the file sharing sites and other illegal torrent which shares warez . If they do so as you said a plan of unlimited 256kbps or even less is more than enough isn`t ?

    But in the name of Internet Freedom and Privacy they are not blocking those sites. But the real intention is to make money if all the files sharing sites are blocked then there is no need of any plan more than 256 kbps it is the truth

    They cannot make money from there service correct ?

    Only one plan

    No user will need more than that but the ISP`s will cornered in the business

    to be in simple statement regarding download the warez

    ISP`s bend the law in the form of FUP so that we will select some more higher plan they earn more money Then we download the warez and bend the law for the enjoyment
    I think there is no much difference between ISP`s & US

    Both adjust the law and regulation as per need and situation
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    i missed all this thread.. but about piracy this explains everything... download an mp3 in 10 seconds.. great job airtel..
    Hi

    I appreciate airtel for the speed but they implement the FUP and just make the money only but nor really concerned about the bandwidth wasted by the users
    Last edited by jegavelan; 21st May 2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #13
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    Solution is simple:

    a) Stick to genuine software
    b) Do genuine surfing
    c) Do not download warez

    You will never exhaust your FUP.

    If you wish more bandwidth, for "whatever purposes", then expect to pay for it.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just4kix View Post
    Solution is simple:

    a) Stick to genuine software
    b) Do genuine surfing
    c) Do not download warez

    Can i have a question to you

    Approximately what bandwidth needed for all those A, B, C for a month ?

  15. #15
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jegavelan
    Can i have a question to you

    Approximately what bandwidth needed for all those A, B, C for a month ?
    I manage with 2.5 GB. Check my April usage snapshot. No NU usage too.

    If 2.5 GB is enough for me, surely 25 GB is more than sufficient.

    Attachment 7189
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  16. #16
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    A very polite answer.! !!!
    Same here 2 GB day quota used(BSNL/AIRTEL)
    ( NU Unlimited speed upto 2 Mbps
    use barely 1 to 2 GB )
    Watch videos/ tech videos during NU)
    Mostly time spent on IBF and other forum/s Yahoo Answers.
    VOIP h24 standby Email Yahoo /OE/Gmail
    Download free useful applications for test/post in forum/s.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just4kix View Post
    I manage with 2.5 GB. Check my April usage snapshot. No NU usage too.

    If 2.5 GB is enough for me, surely 25 GB is more than sufficient.

    Attachment 7189
    Hi

    Do not mistake me just asking you Then why you cannot take the plan that as just 256 kbps alone ? why you took the plan which is more than that

    Quote Originally Posted by just4kix View Post

    But let us leave aside that argument. Consider this plan: Airtel Freedom 1399. Under this plan, for Rs. 1399 (plus tax), one gets 1 Mbps till 25GB, and 512 Kbps beyond 25GB.

    I can tell you that 25 GB is more than sufficient for all your surfing needs, any type of patches or virus file definition upgrades, occasional software downloads, more than generous YouTube downloads, text and video chats.

    .
    Because in the 256 kbps plan you can download approximately 2.5 GB per day i am saying Max possible option

    Why you have went for the 1 mbps plan then ? you can save almost half of the money correct ?

    Please don take anything serious
    Quote Originally Posted by just4kix View Post
    I manage with 2.5 GB. Check my April usage snapshot. No NU usage too.

    If 2.5 GB is enough for me, surely 25 GB is more than sufficient.

    Attachment 7189
    Hi

    I think you too using the BSNL ?
    Last edited by jegavelan; 21st May 2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  18. #18
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    No. I am not irritated by the questions.

    Yes. I am using BSNL. I was on the 256 kbps plan earlier. I went for the 2 mbps plan because I wanted faster speed. I fiigured that I can manage within 2.5 GB. There have been a couple or more months when my usage exceeded slightly. I use landline a lot and BSNL is the best for landline. The 250 free calls also help.

    I could go for the 512 kbps unlimited plan but find that Rs. 1350 + tax is too much to pay. I am waiting for some good plans. "BB Home Combo ULF 900" and "BB Home Combo ULF 1000" (both with FUP) are interesting but not attractive enough.

    ---
    Don't get me wrong here. I too would love a low cost (sub Rs. 1000) high-speed (2+ mbps), unlimited usage, no FUP plan. Who wouldn't?
    Last edited by just4kix; 21st May 2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Hi


    No Airtel users replied so far replied

  20. #20
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    essbebe is an Airtel user.

    Quote Originally Posted by jegavelan
    Hmmm fine If there one law and regulation it should be straight forward it should not be bent and adjusted as per the needs of the person and situation

    If ISP`s is really concerned about bandwidth used by there users in form of downloading the Warez they should block all the file sharing sites and other illegal torrent which shares warez . If they do so as you said a plan of unlimited 256kbps or even less is more than enough isn`t ?

    But in the name of Internet Freedom and Privacy they are not blocking those sites. But the real intention is to make money if all the files sharing sites are blocked then there is no need of any plan more than 256 kbps it is the truth

    They cannot make money from there service correct ?

    Only one plan

    No user will need more than that but the ISP`s will cornered in the business to be in simple statement regarding download the warez
    Not at all. 256 kbps is a slow plan - it will be lower priced. Casual surfers, email checkers, text chatters, etc. would be happy with this plan. Those who want "good enough BB" and not pay too much.

    Those who faster speeds will pay higher.

    Your comment about ISPs blocking web sites is also irrelevent. Why should ISPs block websites? And how many can they block? What about private torrents? It is not their job to prevent warez. Their job is to make money for their shareholders. They are not for charity. To them providing service costs money. But as a consumer, our rights should not be taken for granted.

    Basically everyone is frustrated because suddenly the "tasty chocolate" is replaced by a "plain lollypop".

    You can try petitions and all that but I am afraid that this is one argument that you won't win.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just4kix View Post
    essbebe is an Airtel user.



    Not at all. 256 kbps is a slow plan - it will be lower priced. Casual surfers, email checkers, text chatters, etc. would be happy with this plan. Those who want "good enough BB" and not pay too much.

    Those who faster speeds will pay higher.

    Your comment about ISPs blocking web sites is also irrelevent. Why should ISPs block websites? And how many can they block? What about private torrents? It is not their job to prevent warez. Their job is to make money for their shareholders. They are not for charity. To them providing service costs money. But as a consumer, our rights should not be taken for granted.

    Basically everyone is frustrated because suddenly the "tasty chocolate" is replaced by a "plain lollypop".

    You can try petitions and all that but I am afraid that this is one argument that you won't win.
    Even i am not airtel user first, but there is no provision in the law to implement the FUP in any ISP so why BSNL not implemented it so far as it will create more legal problem with TRAI

  22. #22
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    BSNL has implemented FUP in some plans.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  23. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just4kix View Post
    BSNL has implemented FUP in some plans.
    But the BSNL never call the plan as Unlimited

    Hi

    This is the real reason which lead to private ISP to implement the Fair Usage Policy

    This regulation of the TRAI pushed the ISP to implement the Fair Usage Policy to there customers
    Last edited by jegavelan; 21st May 2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  24. #24
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    Thread itself getting boring now !!
    BSNL has listed 8 tariff plans as unlimited.
    .:Unlimited Home Only:.

  25. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Hi

    Yes properly anyway let us see any one writes to TRAI

  26. #26
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    226

    Default

    I simply dont get it why these ISPs put a tag of Unlimited Downloads when a plan has an FUP.
    Now according to my observation BSNL has only 2 truely Unlimited plans and a Max speed till 512Kbps.

    And if most of the ISPs start this FUP business the one without FUP will only lead.
    People who are supporting this FUP I suggest then to stick to Limited plans because UL with FUP is like a horse with a broken leg and can run only a certain amount and then one argues that its enough.

    And as far as Piracy is concerned one will only stop it when a warning letter is send from their ISP.
    Last edited by tech123; 23rd May 2010 at 01:29 PM.

  27. #27
    Just a member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,333

    Default

    Well, I personally feel FUP is fine. We have been "abusing" our UL internet for mostly pirated content, this is the only way of putting a cap on it.

    anyways, I am yet to hit any FUP on my airtel connection, i play online for about 2 hrs everyday, dont download movies/games anymore though...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18th December 2012, 02:58 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13th September 2012, 10:56 PM
  3. USage of NUL,,, got bored
    By rsk11584 in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 18th May 2010, 09:42 AM
  4. Bored of simple white speed test of BSNL official site?
    By mandeep7540 in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10th April 2010, 11:52 PM
  5. Bharti airtel offers airtel advantage local & std 50pmin
    By sridhar_gurunath in forum Airtel Mobile
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21st September 2009, 05:40 PM