Results 1 to 7 of 7

Pathetic Service by Airtel Braodband - NEVER GO FOR IT

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default Pathetic Service by Airtel Braodband - NEVER GO FOR IT

    I am suffering badly because of my Airtel Braodband. Its been a month since my complaint has been attended to.
    The quality of service has degraded DRASTICALLY.

    I have been facing problems with my Airtel Broadband since August 2010.
    Following is the list of complainst lodged in chronological order:
    1. 36556208
    2. 37282378
    3. 37584554

    For the last month, for nearly 15 days, my phone and broadband were not working.
    I do not understand how my complaints are being marked as resolved, without being fixed. I have recieved no feedback call from Airtel. I have had no associate visit my place for investigation or resolution of the issue.

    Everytime I make a reminder call, to check the status, the agent is telling me about new offers and confirming information about my number , address which is being provided to your IVR system and at the start of the call again. Some of the representatives are really rude and instead of helping the customers out, create bigger mess for the subscriber.

    Its sad that a brand like Airtel provides such poor services to its users.

    Please re-consider before any of you go for Airtel Broadband service.

  2. #2
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    285

    Default

    try sending e mails sometimes it works rather than phone calls

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avni Khanna View Post
    I am suffering badly because of my Airtel Braodband. Its been a month since my complaint has been attended to.
    The quality of service has degraded DRASTICALLY.

    I have been facing problems with my Airtel Broadband since August 2010.
    Following is the list of complainst lodged in chronological order:
    1. 36556208
    2. 37282378
    3. 37584554

    For the last month, for nearly 15 days, my phone and broadband were not working.
    I do not understand how my complaints are being marked as resolved, without being fixed. I have recieved no feedback call from Airtel. I have had no associate visit my place for investigation or resolution of the issue.

    Everytime I make a reminder call, to check the status, the agent is telling me about new offers and confirming information about my number , address which is being provided to your IVR system and at the start of the call again. Some of the representatives are really rude and instead of helping the customers out, create bigger mess for the subscriber.

    Its sad that a brand like Airtel provides such poor services to its users.

    Please re-consider before any of you go for Airtel Broadband service.


    I am stiiting in INDIA's IT HUB Bangalore still these issues are here also.

    I also faced same issue my phone line was dead for 15 Days

    37427355.
    37407280

    1st I was offered a wrong connection I asked for 1399 the guy said its closed for Bangalore, when I received a Welcome call I asked again for 1399 Next day only they gave excuse of Feasibility.

    I Appealed to Nodal officer by mail they also called and gave same Feasibility excuse, when I asked which Area in Bangalore u offer 1399 he said cannot share details.

    Then I sent a mail to 121@ care they asked me my details and account info, then asked my House Address and replied that you can go for 1399 PLAN.

    Now when I forwarded the same mail to Nodal officer and Appeal they are all MUM, no one is replying to me as they know they have passed wrong info to Customer.

    One More issue:

    Now Airtel has outsourced its lines maintanence to alcatel lucent thats why lines are dead for 10-2- days and no one is bothered.

    Even my complaints were Closed saying resolved eventhough I was able to see my wife hanging outside my house.

    Airtel says we do a Feasibility study before offering new connections, ALL IS FAKE CLAIMS.

    I paid 5 Months Advance Rental 7000 Rs to Airtel for 1299 Plan

    The next day connection was installed at my house

    Within 2 days my line got dead and after many fights and when I said I am moving to Consumer court my line was restored I asked to return my money back or I am moving to Court the same day line was again restored.

    Now the new issue pops up my Upload speed is down by 500 KBPS from Day 1 it was coming 800 KBPS in my 2 MBPS plan and now its coming 300 KBPS since 4 days

    in my case I paid Advance rent for 5 month + tax that is around 7000 rs with tax now if I change my plan witing 5 months I will loose 1 month free connection, due to wrong info given by Airtel representative.

    Thats what I am fighting for why should I loose 1 month as the info given by Airtel guy who came to my house for new connection was incorrect.

    Why should I suffer .

    I have appealed till now nothing has happned.

    But I will keep on fighting for the same.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Amor vincit omnia
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    Please checkout my experience with this particular company. Luckily, everything worked out just fine.

    http://www.indiabroadband.net/airtel...tml#post288446

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cool_techie_tvm View Post
    Please checkout my experience with this particular company. Luckily, everything worked out just fine.

    http://www.indiabroadband.net/airtel...tml#post288446

    cool_techie_tvm I would like to mention 1 thing here.

    I had Airtel connections in Bangalore since 7 years, 1 Year back I went onsite I disconnected my 6 years old connection, during my 6 years I never faced issues at all, even there service was Dam good.

    But now after coming from Onsite I faced 3 Major issues withing 1 Month only, I am 100 sure these 100's of issues are coming because Airtel have outsourced there works to contractors.

    As I said before they have given Line work to Alcatel Lucent.

    And above all you are sitting in small city , compared to Bangalore and Airtel all exchange in Bangalore are Full.

  6. #6
    Amor vincit omnia
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airtel1299 View Post
    And above all you are sitting in small city , compared to Bangalore and Airtel all exchange in Bangalore are Full.
    I agree. Airtel BB does not have any strong holds in Kerala. They offer their services in limited areas only. Almost all the Keralites have an uncanny affection for the services of BSNL.

    Maybe that is why I get to enjoy a 2 Mbps connection with a FUP of 30GB and that too for 499/- per month (which eventually works out to be 299/-, because Airtel is offering me free calls worth 200/- every month).

    I mentioned that post because I wanted to emphasize that you need not have to suffer because the Airtel representative conned you. Please get in touch with the higher authorities and they will look into your problems. If nothing else is working out, file a complaint at http://pgportal.gov.in/ These guys will forward your complaint only to the higher officials. You will get calls from them; use this opportunity to sound your complaints against them. I am certain that something or the other (in the positive aspect) should turn up for you. At least they (Airtel officials) used the term "commitment issue" when I had posted my complaint in that PG portal.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default



    Form submitted on last thursday; still no connection given. To top it all, a representative calls up today morning and says if he could come - this while I am on my way to office. Requested him to come in the evening; agreed upon 7.30 pm. Left my office 2 hours early only not to find him.

    Next, called up the 1800 helpdesk number. An agent picks up; speaks in a heavily accented voice. I request him to speak slowly. After two attempts, he disconnects the call. My subsequent multiple attempts tell me that the 1800 helpdesk 24x7 number is busy; cant help but feel the calls were deliberately managed. I guess this is part of Airtel's customer induction program....

    Finally, I get through to an agent. He is confused because my SEF number is 6-digit instead of the 7-digit mandated by his SOP. Finally he manages to confirm my details and reminds me that Airtel is still within its SLA of 4 working days. Poor him did not know that the reason I paid 500 Rs as advance payment for a connection was because two of my friends got connection within 24 hours, and one of them lives directly on the floor above mine. I took a deep breath and explained that this call was a complaint and the whole story.

    Why Why Why.....

    Seriously we need a new player in the market who can kick all of the current service provider's butts...

    Food for thought: When internet speeds are increasing 2 mbps, 4 mbps till 100 mbps, is a 4-day SLA the best Airtel come up with..?
    Last edited by K_kiran; 14th September 2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Adding food for thought

Similar Threads

  1. Pathetic airtel customer service for 3G
    By maddy209 in forum Airtel 3G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th May 2012, 08:24 AM
  2. Very Very Pathetic service from Airtel broadband
    By krishnam88 in forum Airtel Broadband
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17th January 2012, 06:11 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20th April 2011, 01:10 PM
  4. Pathetic Service
    By India Broadband in forum Sify broadband
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th July 2006, 03:32 PM
  5. Pathetic Service
    By India Broadband in forum Hathway
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st July 2006, 05:10 PM