- 8th June 2011 #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
Beetel 450 BX1 ADSL+Router Alternative??
I have a Beetel 450 BX1 ADSL+Router on Airtel Network connected by a phone line. My problem is, i connect it to my computer by LAN but the devices in other rooms are not able to get any usable WiFi range its fluctuating between 0 to 1 bar. The Signal strength is set to 100% in the settings.
Please tell me if i can buy any off the shelf router from any other make Belkin etc. without any problem? If yes, then please suggest one which has higher range than my present one.
Preferable price below Rs. 3000. But willing to stretch if its necessary.
- 8th June 2011 #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
What is the radius of wifi activity ? ( and height involved ?)
How is the "line of sight "? .Obstructions/doors etc.
Position the wifi router at a higher height.
Keep router. parallel to the ground and rotate for maximum signal at farthest place.
If Antenna is Perpendicular the pattern is a Circle
If kept parallel radiation pattern is figure of 8 with 2 max points.
search in ebay.in Select model with multiple antenne and Power output .
b mode: 16~18dBm
Check ASUS models.
Last edited by essbebe; 8th June 2011 at 07:07 PM.
- By rkmani1978 in forum Airtel BroadbandReplies: 6Last Post: 30th October 2012, 03:11 PM
- By abhayshow in forum Airtel BroadbandReplies: 0Last Post: 13th October 2012, 11:21 AM
- By junaid14 in forum Broadband How toReplies: 2Last Post: 2nd May 2011, 01:08 PM
- By ehtisham in forum BSNL broadbandReplies: 4Last Post: 15th July 2010, 10:05 PM
- By Xplode in forum Airtel BroadbandReplies: 1Last Post: 17th December 2008, 08:24 PM