Thread: Airtel Wifi for Dummies?
- 2nd March 2012 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2012
Airtel Wifi for Dummies?
I have a confession: I am a layman when it comes to networking hardware.
I have some basic questions about wifi Internet. The venerable experts on this forum, please help!
I have requested Airtel to install a new Internet connection @ my home in Gurgaon.
1) What is the difference between wifi/router? (just looking for a 1 min. answer as a layman, not the detailed explanation like that on Wikipedia)
2) Does Airtel sell the modem/router or does it just rent it against a one-time non-refundable deposit?
3) Is it advisable to buy a modem/router from a third-party, instead of renting/buying from Airtel?
4) What are the minimum technical specifications that I should check, if I decide to buy it from a third-party? Will TP-LINK 54Mbps wireless router TL-WR340G router allow accessing Airtel Internet (it's the cheapest available online and I am a penny pincher)?
5) Is TP-Link a reliable brand? If not which one is most reliable?
6) Any other things that this dummy should know before spending on wifi installation?
- By gastly in forum Airtel BroadbandReplies: 6Last Post: 4th October 2011, 07:35 PM
- By ashv in forum Airtel BroadbandReplies: 11Last Post: 30th August 2010, 10:47 PM
- By s2a2n2 in forum Airtel BroadbandReplies: 9Last Post: 23rd November 2009, 11:39 PM
- By panchabhut in forum Software News, Previews and ReviewsReplies: 0Last Post: 20th February 2009, 05:39 PM
- By vabhu in forum MTNL broadbandReplies: 2Last Post: 7th August 2008, 05:52 PM