Thread: Airtel 3g

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    tomydelhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default Airtel 3g

    When Airtel is going to start 3G in delhi NCR region?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    tomydelhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Update:

    Today they have started it, but huge rates they are charging

    Anybody started using it?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    tomydelhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Update:-

    Used it for two days
    In open places the speed is excellent
    But interiors, it is so so
    Whenever we use 3G inside rooms, the mobile phoe signal is getting weak
    I think the 3G spectrum is eating up the 2G signals

  4. #4
    Bronze Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomydelhi View Post
    Update:-

    Used it for two days
    In open places the speed is excellent
    But interiors, it is so so
    Whenever we use 3G inside rooms, the mobile phoe signal is getting weak
    I think the 3G spectrum is eating up the 2G signals
    yes, I too faced the same issue. I called the cc to make a complaint and they told me that they are adding more towers. lol I asked then WTF I am paying for 3g when I lost signals. I am back to 2g, lucky hadn't recharged the 750rs plan, just did with 200rs to get 200mb which I downloaded the same day while walking in a park.

  5. #5
    Platinum Member
    panchabhut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomydelhi View Post
    Update:-

    Used it for two days
    In open places the speed is excellent
    But interiors, it is so so
    Whenever we use 3G inside rooms, the mobile phoe signal is getting weak
    I think the 3G spectrum is eating up the 2G signals
    its common problem with GSM-3G service as they function on 2100 band. if you keep the device near a open window, you would find marked improvement.
    comparatively EVDO functions better indoors as they work on 800 band. of course, with EVDO, it is not possible to have simultatious voice and data calls which is possible with GSM-3G
    Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Consciousness.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    tomydelhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neerajvohra View Post
    yes, I too faced the same issue. I called the cc to make a complaint and they told me that they are adding more towers. lol I asked then WTF I am paying for 3g when I lost signals. I am back to 2g, lucky hadn't recharged the 750rs plan, just did with 200rs to get 200mb which I downloaded the same day while walking in a park.

    Why you are paying that much

    Take a 98 rs. 2GB unlimited 2G plan and it will work perfect for 3G also

    Quote Originally Posted by panchabhut View Post
    its common problem with GSM-3G service as they function on 2100 band. if you keep the device near a open window, you would find marked improvement.
    comparatively EVDO functions better indoors as they work on 800 band. of course, with EVDO, it is not possible to have simultatious voice and data calls which is possible with GSM-3G

    What is the solution for this?
    What about using both modes together?
    Last edited by tomydelhi; 14th March 2011 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #7
    Bronze Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    169

    Default

    How to use Airtel 3G on Nokia 5610 (recharged with Rs.200)

  8. #8
    Bronze Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomydelhi View Post
    Why you are paying that much

    Take a 98 rs. 2GB unlimited 2G plan and it will work perfect for 3G also
    I didn't get that, you mean recharge with 2g plan and use it with 3g ? Aint they gonna cut off my balance ? I don't wanna lose my 2k+ balance for such trick ?

  9. #9
    Silver Member
    ulysses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    328

    Default Best do all this short cuts with a pre paid sim and not your main no!

    Quote Originally Posted by neerajvohra View Post
    I didn't get that, you mean recharge with 2g plan and use it with 3g ? Aint they gonna cut off my balance ? I don't wanna lose my 2k+ balance for such trick ?
    Yes ! Better to get a new pre paid sim and do experiments like this.

  10. #10
    Bronze Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
    Yes ! Better to get a new pre paid sim and do experiments like this.
    I tried with the old SIM and its working

    I get a data message for deducting mb's from 2g plan, though im using 3g

    Thanks

  11. #11
    Bronze Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Airtel is giving promotional offer to all its customers till further notice. I also use 98 recharge for 2gb on 2G and i got a sms from Airtel as a promotional offer you can use 3G at 2G speed rates so i changed my network mode to dual and now i am getting 3G speeds at 2G rates.

    But it will not last for long, at last you will need to shift to 3G or stay back to 2G in any case the prevailing charges will apply as per usage.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    tomydelhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neerajvohra View Post
    I didn't get that, you mean recharge with 2g plan and use it with 3g ? Aint they gonna cut off my balance ? I don't wanna lose my 2k+ balance for such trick ?


    It is not a trick or experiment
    It is officially confirmed from Airtel (even Vodafone) that the exising plans will continue for a limited period
    Let it go like that till they re think.
    I am using 3G and my balance automatically get deducted every month 98 rupees only and I am getting 2 GB free
    You recharge the mobile with 98 rupees and see (for delhi customers)

  13. #13
    Silver Member
    ulysses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    328

    Smile

    In south - Airtel 3G trials during which they were giving 3G speeds for GPRS plans has stopped I think. ( Any memebers getting 3 G speeds in GPRS recharge in Bangalore,Hyderaabd,Chennai- correct me if Iam wrong)
    Vodaphone which is under trial in Tamilnadu-has announced that till April 1st or so one can enjoy 3g speeds in GPRS plans.

    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1209473455.png

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    tomydelhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
    In south - Airtel 3G trials during which they were giving 3G speeds for GPRS plans has stopped I think. ( Any memebers getting 3 G speeds in GPRS recharge in Bangalore,Hyderaabd,Chennai- correct me if Iam wrong)
    Vodaphone which is under trial in Tamilnadu-has announced that till April 1st or so one can enjoy 3g speeds in GPRS plans.

    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1209473455.png


    Anybody from UAE here?

  15. #15
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default Airtel broadband connection in chennai | PRI

    bharti airtel limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 19 countries across Asia and Africa. The company offers mobile voice & data services, fixed line, high speed broadband, IPTV, DTH, turnkey telecom solutions for enterprises and national & international long distance services to carriers. bharti airtel has been ranked among the six best performing technology companies in the world by business week. bharti airtel had 200 million customers across its operations.

  16. #16
    Guardian Angel
    just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dasiydee View Post
    bharti airtel limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 19 countries across Asia and Africa. The company offers mobile voice & data services, fixed line, high speed broadband, IPTV, DTH, turnkey telecom solutions for enterprises and national & international long distance services to carriers. bharti airtel has been ranked among the six best performing technology companies in the world by business week. bharti airtel had 200 million customers across its operations.
    Thanks for the commercial. Let us discuss the issue now.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18th December 2012, 02:28 PM
  2. Airtel vs Bsnl - pathetic ping times with airtel ?
    By rsen in forum Airtel Broadband
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 9th October 2012, 04:15 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13th September 2012, 10:26 PM
  4. free airtel to airtel unlimited landline calls
    By devlevis in forum Airtel Broadband
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th April 2010, 09:54 PM
  5. Bharti airtel offers airtel advantage local & std 50pmin
    By sridhar_gurunath in forum Airtel Mobile
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21st September 2009, 05:10 PM

Posting Permissions

Log in

Log in
BSNL Broadband Forum Airtel Broadband Forum Reliance Broadband Forum Tikona Broadband Forum MTNL Broadband Forum Tata Broadband Forum
BSNL 3G Forum MTNL 3G Forum Idea 3G Forum Airtel 3G Forum Reliance 3G Forum Vodafone 3G Forum
Airtel Mobile Forum Reliance Mobile Forum BSNL Mobile Forum Idea Mobile Forum Vodafone Mobile Forum Aircel Mobile Forum
Tata Sky Forum Dish TV Forum Reliance DTH Forum Videocon DTH Forum Airtel DTH Forum SUN DTH Forum