Results 1 to 10 of 10

Marshmallow: Making its way to the limelight

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    208

    Default Marshmallow: Making its way to the limelight

    Suceeding the release on November 3, 2014 which was Android Lollipop, Marshmallow will take the limelight to prove another Android success. Week from now, Android 6.0 Marshmallow will be introduce to the market world along with the new devices running with Marshmallow version of Operating System. Nexus 6, Nexus 5 and the Pixel C starts to showcase at the moment before the official event comes.

    Android has proven their reliability in so many ways, but issues on securing a device is basically the main problem. Marshmallow said to be focusing its upgrade on bug fixing. Hopefully, this version will change the image of Android with regards to security.

  2. #2
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Android Marshmallow is the next most awaited news in Android World. Hope it will come out with a lot of useful features to compete with their rivals - Apple iOS. There are a number of rumors spreading in market life wildfire regarding the features that can be expected in Marshmallow.

    it is heard that Marshmallow will be having a case by case application access permission which is not available now. It will also focus on fingerprint support as a part of their enhanced security features. Marshmallow will also be equipped with a new battery friendly initiative called "Doze"which manages the application activity in the best interest of a long battery life.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    208

    Default

    9
    Quote Originally Posted by webworld View Post
    it is heard that Marshmallow will be having a case by case application access permission which is not available now. It will also focus on fingerprint support as a part of their enhanced security features. Marshmallow will also be equipped with a new battery friendly initiative called "Doze"which manages the application activity in the best interest of a long battery life.
    The information issued about the new App permission access seems to relate with Apple's iOS. According to an article I have read, the said feature is borrowed from iOS but it is improved. Maybe this will help the main problem of Android on Security issues. Its a way different compared to previously released Android because in Installing Application, users have the right to set standards on what features to be access by an application. In that way, if users don't want his/her camera to be accessed by a certain application like Facebook, then Facebook can't.

  4. #4
    Silver Member pwarbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    488

    Default

    Android Marshmallow or Android M for short is the next big update that the platform is rolling out and while a lot of the past Android updates have been additions to the OS that a lot of users can't notice much difference, Android M is supposed to be huge upgrade and will be the next generation of the Android platform incorporating all new features.

  5. #5
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubie View Post
    9

    The information issued about the new App permission access seems to relate with Apple's iOS. According to an article I have read, the said feature is borrowed from iOS but it is improved. Maybe this will help the main problem of Android on Security issues. Its a way different compared to previously released Android because in Installing Application, users have the right to set standards on what features to be access by an application. In that way, if users don't want his/her camera to be accessed by a certain application like Facebook, then Facebook can't.
    I believe it is always better to replicate good practices even from a competitor. After all we all need perfect phones with good performance and security. These days security has become more important than performance I think.

    Android is trying to address two of their grey areas - security and battery performance. Hope this would be a turning point for Android and leave the competitors far behind.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webworld View Post
    I believe it is always better to replicate good practices even from a competitor. After all we all need perfect phones with good performance and security. These days security has become more important than performance I think.
    I agree to your point of view. And its not a problem as long as their not conflicting any rule, afterall they maybe just get the idea of how their competitor made their security protection. Hopefully this could be the big break for Samsung (Android) to prove their worth to be on top, since security is the "only" problem that they always failed to practice.

  7. #7
    Silver Member pwarbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    488

    Default

    What an app asks for as been an issue for a long time, with a lot of people wondering why a map app for example, wants access to your contacts. Being able to pick and choose what an app as access to is a big step up were that's concerned, but will people actually use the new features, or just install the aop anyway?

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Well, its their choice not to do so @ pwarbi. Nobody is forced to do what they dont want. As far as security is concern, Android is just doing their part to keep user safe. Its their obligation to satisfy and secure their product users from threat.

  9. #9
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Happy to see that the new version of Android is going to launch soon,with the launch of Nexus siblings I guess. Android OS has become a big hit since it's launch, and it has been upgraded to many versions in an alphabetical sequence. The worst Android version I ever used was the last year's version; Android lollipop. I hope the upcoming version performs well in every department unlike lollipop, which kept crashing apps and was a big battery sucker. :/

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Actually, Marshmallow was released last October 5 and its currently making its move in the mobile market. Hopefully a feedback will soon be published in accordance to the new versions performance. Considering the new Android version's updated features are very promising and so the success of its implementation is highly expected.

Similar Threads

  1. Making of Dishtv's Latest TVC
    By yoursraman in forum Dish tv
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 9th December 2009, 02:20 PM
  2. The Making Of Oscar!
    By oo7 in forum General offtopic discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28th September 2009, 04:08 PM
  3. Making money online
    By Admin in forum Online Jobs
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 21st August 2009, 04:29 PM
  4. The art of making others happy!
    By capri in forum General offtopic discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14th May 2009, 11:12 AM
  5. Making Money The Easy Way
    By bloodyblade555 in forum Online Jobs
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 2nd October 2008, 12:05 PM