Results 1 to 8 of 8

New virus for iPhone is "greatest threat ever seen"

  1. #1
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default New virus for iPhone is "greatest threat ever seen"

    A computer security company in Santa Clara, California, claims to have found malware that is attacking iPhones. The virus is first encountered that is capable of attacking tablets and smartphones running IOS that have not been released using the process known as jailbreak. The virus was first installed on the computer and is then transmitted by the iPhone USB cable. According to the researchers, since the smartphone, the program is able to steal email addresses and read messages on iMessage, among other actions.

    Iphone users usually say that Android is a virus river and now, Iphone has a dangerous virus.

  2. #2
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Does it mean it affects phones only that are jailbroken? Because if an iPhone is jailbroken it's open in a number of things and isn't safe.

  3. #3
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challengewriter View Post
    Does it mean it affects phones only that are jailbroken? Because if an iPhone is jailbroken it's open in a number of things and isn't safe.
    The news says that the new virus attacks phone without jailbreak.

  4. #4
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vinisouz View Post
    A computer security company in Santa Clara, California, claims to have found malware that is attacking iPhones. The virus is first encountered that is capable of attacking tablets and smartphones running IOS that have not been released using the process known as jailbreak. The virus was first installed on the computer and is then transmitted by the iPhone USB cable. According to the researchers, since the smartphone, the program is able to steal email addresses and read messages on iMessage, among other actions.

    Iphone users usually say that Android is a virus river and now, Iphone has a dangerous virus.
    Now it is a new turn I think. As you said Android is considered as the main target of virus these days and a virus that attacks iOS is a news. But it is a serious situation I think. If the virus can take control of email messages it will create a lot of complications. But if it is able to spread through USB cable only, in that case the the depth of infection will not be that much I think. If it is spreading through MMS or other wireless systems, it would have been fatal and fast.

    But a hacker can take advantage of the situation well if he decides to. Hope iOS will come up with an antidote soon.

  5. #5
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    I think as long as you don't go to those high risk websites and you are not stupid enough to click those phising links you will be safe. I think adblockers are essentials if you want mobile surfing to be safe because some of these mobile malwares and viruses are from pop up ads.

  6. #6
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    I think as long as you don't go to those high risk websites and you are not stupid enough to click those phising links you will be safe. I think adblockers are essentials if you want mobile surfing to be safe because some of these mobile malwares and viruses are from pop up ads.
    I know, but there are many lay users on all platforms. This is not anything simple for everyone.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Any type of phone can be hacked so it is no surprise that iphone got hacked also since it is jailbroken it would be easier to hack it.

  8. #8
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr45 View Post
    Any type of phone can be hacked so it is no surprise that iphone got hacked also since it is jailbroken it would be easier to hack it.
    Yes, I agree with you. But at the moment I do not hear any problem about security in Windows phone.

Similar Threads

  1. "Taare Zameen Par" - "Like stars on Earth"
    By hsinam in forum Bollywood movies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19th June 2012, 11:24 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5th April 2009, 01:16 PM
  3. Does BSNL has "open " or "Closed" port policy?
    By maxwega in forum Other DSL Broadband Services
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 1st February 2009, 02:11 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18th January 2008, 03:54 PM