Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By vinisouz
  • 1 Post By aimayaram

Mobile thefts grow worldwide: How to avoid the action of bandits?

  1. #1
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default Mobile thefts grow worldwide: How to avoid the action of bandits?

    Tips to avoid the action of bandits


    Be vigilant: look for possible suspects that surround it;
    Do not look like a tourist: bandits prefer to steal tourists because they usually carry more money and valuables;
    Charge few things: if you are a tourist, leave everything you can in hotel
    Do not leave appliances on display: avoid leaving the smartphone in a pocket that does not cover completely
    Make safe: it is very important to secure their property to minimize possible damages
    Take care of your bag: Be always an eye on your things.
    aimayaram and webworld like this.

  2. #2
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    And being careful around family and friends, especially people who you invite over. Not e everyone has a good intention at heart, speaking from experience.

  3. #3
    Junior Member aimayaram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    33

    Default

    I once caught a pickpocket red-handed. I was talking to a friend on a pavement and felt a light touch on my left pocket, like a feather. The pickpocket was on my right, and his hand was trying to pick my smartphone and wallet on the left. He had a bag and it just looked as if he was late somewhere and was rushing to take a bus. He immediately felt that I had detected him, because I put my hand on my pocket, and I looked around on my left. Meanwhile he started walking fast on my right. I whispered "Pick pocket" and showed him to my friend. Just at that moment, the thief stopped in front of a bakery and looked back to see if I was running after him (his eyes definitely crossed mine, he was looking like a fox!), then continued to walk fast and disappeared.

    I'd say, to be able to spot the bandits, quickly test if your smartphone is still in your pocket, if your instinct tells you to check.
    webworld likes this.

  4. #4
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vinisouz View Post
    Tips to avoid the action of bandits


    Be vigilant: look for possible suspects that surround it;
    Do not look like a tourist: bandits prefer to steal tourists because they usually carry more money and valuables;
    Charge few things: if you are a tourist, leave everything you can in hotel
    Do not leave appliances on display: avoid leaving the smartphone in a pocket that does not cover completely
    Make safe: it is very important to secure their property to minimize possible damages
    Take care of your bag: Be always an eye on your things.
    You are right, it is a growing concern nowadays. Quite interestingly there was an incident in our hometown where a shop owner himself broke into his shop and just took out the devices to create an impression that his shop has been looted. In fact he was eyeing for the insurance amount, but he was caught by the police.

    In case of theft, we cannot possibly stop the thieves as in the case of a hacker. I think the only thing we can do is to insure our shop and goods against theft, fire etc. At least you will be saved from huge financial losses.

    All your tips are really helpful to prevent theft to a great extend. But I differ on the point that indicates to avoid display of devices which is not possible in a mobile shop. It is the only way to attract customers to buy new devices. But yes, a shop owner can ensure its safe display in a locked glass cabinet or something like that.

  5. #5
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Do not display your Samsungs and Iphones on public. Actually use an older model of cellphone on public. it is like a repellent against snatchers, thief and robbers because no one wanted to buy them. Use your expensive gadgets inside the cubicles of mall restrooms. Do not dress like a rich person, dress like someone that can assimilate with the crowd. Thats why I don't wear jewelries and expensive designer clothes.

  6. #6
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    Do not display your Samsungs and Iphones on public. Actually use an older model of cellphone on public. it is like a repellent against snatchers, thief and robbers because no one wanted to buy them. Use your expensive gadgets inside the cubicles of mall restrooms. Do not dress like a rich person, dress like someone that can assimilate with the crowd. Thats why I don't wear jewelries and expensive designer clothes.
    I agree with you! Well, in my country, if a person waver, the thief will steal fastly. Here, phones have become a type of " coin of change" for drugs. Moreover, there is a specie the illegal market for that phones. It is necessary to be careful.

  7. #7
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    Do not display your Samsungs and Iphones on public. Actually use an older model of cellphone on public. it is like a repellent against snatchers, thief and robbers because no one wanted to buy them. Use your expensive gadgets inside the cubicles of mall restrooms. Do not dress like a rich person, dress like someone that can assimilate with the crowd. Thats why I don't wear jewelries and expensive designer clothes.
    I think nowadays most of the shops display only a plastic model of the phone and if a customer asks for an expensive model, they will just bring it from the store room. My friend runs a mobile shop, but it is fully insured against theft and fire. But in case of a theft, it is really difficult to convince the insurance agency to get the money. Nowadays there are a lot of people with criminal minds and we can see them everywhere in various forms.

    I think a camera with night vision is also handy in such circumstances. But thieves are smart and the first thing they will look for is the camera! Recently a few bank robbers were caught with the help of a camera which was installed in a shop just opposite to the bank.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Careful on certain sites, emails and wifi accounts these are some things that hackers can hack on your mobile phone. These things are very common for hackers to hack onto your mobile.

  9. #9
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr45 View Post
    Careful on certain sites, emails and wifi accounts these are some things that hackers can hack on your mobile phone. These things are very common for hackers to hack onto your mobile.
    Hey man! We are talking about theft of phones. We are not talking about hackers.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Oh didn't read it correctly.

  11. #11
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    In the US this is not much of an issue because pawnshops dont sell stolen devices. In my country it is very rampant to the point of disturbing murders. Many people got murdered because some drug junky wanted to steal their phone and sell it for drugs. I am afraid of buying second hand phones in fear that it is stolen.

  12. #12
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    In the US this is not much of an issue because pawnshops dont sell stolen devices. In my country it is very rampant to the point of disturbing murders. Many people got murdered because some drug junky wanted to steal their phone and sell it for drugs. I am afraid of buying second hand phones in fear that it is stolen.
    In my country it is very rampant, and everyday someone in my school is complaining about their gadgets, either laptops, phones and tablets being stolen. Luckily for me I haven't fallen victim to any of the thieving

  13. #13
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challengewriter View Post
    In my country it is very rampant, and everyday someone in my school is complaining about their gadgets, either laptops, phones and tablets being stolen. Luckily for me I haven't fallen victim to any of the thieving
    Where are you from? In my country, it happens exactly what you described. The phones have become a "coin of change".

  14. #14
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    At least it's only theft, In my country some people killed because some person wanted to get their Iphone and exchange it for some drugs. Most of the victims are young women.

  15. #15
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    These thefts usually generate deaths here too. Unfortunately, many people have died in phone thefts.

Similar Threads

  1. Mobile Thefts, IMEI-Procedures???
    By nevinjohn in forum Home Appliances and Gadgets
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18th December 2010, 03:01 PM
  2. Worldwide Speed tests , Where is India
    By DiscoverMT in forum MTNL broadband
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23rd February 2010, 01:05 PM
  3. We keep popping pills that are banned worldwide
    By newprouser in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11th April 2009, 02:42 AM
  4. Help our forum grow
    By Admin in forum Suggestions and Complaints
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 21st February 2009, 09:15 PM
  5. 4 billion mobile connections worldwide
    By cool_techie_tvm in forum News from the Tech and IT World
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th February 2009, 06:19 PM