Results 1 to 12 of 12

New iPhone rumored to come with no headphone jack!

  1. #1
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default New iPhone rumored to come with no headphone jack!

    "Rumors that the next iPhone could do away with the industry-standard 3.5mm port in Apple’s relentless pursuit of thinness have been around for a while, but they’re seeing a resurgence thanks to a post on a Japanese blog. The article cites “a reliable source” that claims the Cupertino company will shave 1mm off the phone’s thickness by dropping the just-way-too-fat jack in favor of proprietary Lightning connectors."

    If this is true, I think it is a very poor decision. It will mean that iPhone users would have to buy special headphones with the lightning cable, instead of the standard cable. Unless there's an adapter that comes with the device, I can imagine that many apple fans will be very annoyed at this decision. What are your thoughts on this?

  2. #2
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default

    I think there may be two versions in that model - one with a headphone jack and another one without. So customers can finally decide which one to buy. Some people are really crazy to have a phone which is as thin as a paper. But will it be durable, I mean is there any possibility of bending?

    But if Apple decides to launch only one model without a headphone jack then that would be a disappointment as you already shared. But I don't think Apple will do that mistake. They usually launch a product only after doing a lot of market study/analysis.

  3. #3
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter97 View Post
    "Rumors that the next iPhone could do away with the industry-standard 3.5mm port in Apple’s relentless pursuit of thinness have been around for a while, but they’re seeing a resurgence thanks to a post on a Japanese blog. The article cites “a reliable source” that claims the Cupertino company will shave 1mm off the phone’s thickness by dropping the just-way-too-fat jack in favor of proprietary Lightning connectors."

    If this is true, I think it is a very poor decision. It will mean that iPhone users would have to buy special headphones with the lightning cable, instead of the standard cable. Unless there's an adapter that comes with the device, I can imagine that many apple fans will be very annoyed at this decision. What are your thoughts on this?
    Buying the phone from them, will provide earphones and usb power cables with the phone purchase.

  4. #4
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webworld View Post
    I think there may be two versions in that model - one with a headphone jack and another one without. So customers can finally decide which one to buy. Some people are really crazy to have a phone which is as thin as a paper. But will it be durable, I mean is there any possibility of bending?

    But if Apple decides to launch only one model without a headphone jack then that would be a disappointment as you already shared. But I don't think Apple will do that mistake. They usually launch a product only after doing a lot of market study/analysis.
    This is true, however they did upgrade their old port, to the new lightning connector, which angered many people. But as you said, I doubt they will force people to buy the model without the jack by making it the only model available for purchase, as it would definitely end in them losing many loyal customers.

  5. #5
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter97 View Post
    This is true, however they did upgrade their old port, to the new lightning connector, which angered many people. But as you said, I doubt they will force people to buy the model without the jack by making it the only model available for purchase, as it would definitely end in them losing many loyal customers.

    Yes, I agree, that could also be a possibility. They may make it as the only standalone model that enjoys a lightning connector. But it could be a hit too as nowadays high income people are crazy about trying new technology and cost does not matter for them. Inspite of Apple iPhones being costly, it broke all past records by having magnificent sales figures all over the world. I don't think people are too concerned about cost when it comes to innovative products.

    But I am sure once Apple launches this model, we can see a much better product from Android at cheaper rates.

  6. #6
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    If this true, Android phone makers will be so happy because they are going to have another edge against apple aside from affordable price. A headphone jack is a necessity for a Phone because it has many uses from taking calls to listening to music.

  7. #7
    Junior Member kenzenith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    77

    Default

    It's a wrong move for Apple because this means their subscribers would need to buy specific headphones for their phones. These headphones will be very costly because surely you can only buy it on Apple store and headphone manufacturers will have to specially design a new headphone just for it. Android manufacturers will surely be delighted if this plan pushes through.

  8. #8
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenzenith View Post
    It's a wrong move for Apple because this means their subscribers would need to buy specific headphones for their phones. These headphones will be very costly because surely you can only buy it on Apple store and headphone manufacturers will have to specially design a new headphone just for it. Android manufacturers will surely be delighted if this plan pushes through.
    I highly doubt this will actually make it into the new iPhone, as the general reaction to this has been very negative. However, yoh never know what apple will come up with next, they did replace the old port with the new lightning port, which was very expensive. And also, they might use the argument that removing the jack will remove thickness, which in my opinion, isn't a justifiable reason to remove a headphone jack.

  9. #9
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Apple intends to do the same that Microsoft.. Well this is not well-accepted for Microsoft users, it is a economic mode useless. Moreover, Iphone costs so expensive in several countries and come with no headphone, I bet Apple users will hate it.

  10. #10
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    215

    Default

    If that turns out to be true, I think it will be a big let down. Well, I don't believe rumors until I hear them from a reliable source. Let's wait hear an official word on this.

  11. #11
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    142

    Default

    No headphone jack in a mobile phone?

    That doesn't make sense unless Apple release some new technology that provides the same resources as a headphone jack... In my case I think I wouldn't mind because I don't use it, but I know a lot of friends that are constantly using the headphone jack to listen to music or do calls while they are driving!

  12. #12
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Apple doesn't come with headphones, no phone cones with headphones. But they all come with Earphones if music is available, I have bought apple phones and they always came with an earpod. Which works superbly and are very strong that if you have them on while using the phone and the phone drops it safes the phone.

    Sent from my GT-S7582 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Which are better headphone
    By logan in forum Home Appliances and Gadgets
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20th June 2013, 11:29 AM
  2. Headphone
    By logan in forum Computer Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17th June 2013, 09:40 PM
  3. How to install a telephone jack ?
    By andromeda in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23rd April 2012, 11:17 AM
  4. Issue connecting Magic jack with BSNL broadband
    By vijayvijay in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2nd December 2009, 10:37 AM
  5. Best headphone
    By prasannaganesh in forum Computer Accessories
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 22nd January 2009, 04:00 PM