Results 1 to 20 of 20

Configuring Beetel 450 bxi Wireless router with Tata Wimax connection

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default Configuring Beetel 450 bxi Wireless router with Tata Wimax connection

    Hello

    Recently I got the Tata Wimax connection and want to configure Beetel 450 bxi wireless router with that. So, that i can use the connection for both laptop and desktop.

    Please let me know how to configure the wireless router with that.

    Thanks
    Madan

  2. #2
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    @kmadan
    See this link.
    Intel® WiMAX/WiFi Link 5350 and Intel® WiMAX/WiFi Link 5150 products - Configure WiMAX settings in the Advanced window
    As the subject is new to me unable to give any suggestion.
    1.It seems you need a WImax adaptor supplied by your ISP.
    Did you get one from TataWimax provider?2.
    ( mention model number /make if any )

    2 .As i understand , this is similar to the USB modem, Datacard supplied for accessing normal BB service
    without a phone connection.

    3. It is automatically updated also like the set top box for DTH TV .

    4.So using 450BX1 in wifi mode may not be possible /required.,

    Please ignore full post if info or assumptions are wrong.

    Will wait for more info from other users.

  3. #3
    birender
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmadan View Post
    Hello

    Recently I got the Tata Wimax connection and want to configure Beetel 450 bxi wireless router with that. So, that i can use the connection for both laptop and desktop.

    Please let me know how to configure the wireless router with that.

    Thanks
    Madan
    Just use the output cat 5 cable from wimax equipment to your wireless router and configure your wimax router as static IP and enable your wimax router DHCP. that it. if its an USB or PCMCA card thet you have to use the windows connection sharing and from second network card get cat 5 cable to plug into your wifi router.

  4. #4
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    After "googling" this one year old thread of this forum
    selected.
    Contains full instructions for connecting WIFI router.

    http://www.indiabroadband.net/tata-i...html#post20214

    For Beetel 450BX wifi router, please search this forum for
    links I had earlier given.
    Para two;
    Unless asked for in a PM :I will not give any links here,
    as @moderator feels all users are competent to search
    in search engines to find out what they want.
    Above link given as an exception
    as it refers to this forum.

    Para three : seems similar to WLL.
    Last edited by essbebe; 6th October 2011 at 06:23 PM.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by birender View Post
    Just use the output cat 5 cable from wimax equipment to your wireless router and configure your wimax router as static IP and enable your wimax router DHCP. that it. if its an USB or PCMCA card thet you have to use the windows connection sharing and from second network card get cat 5 cable to plug into your wifi router.
    Hello

    Thanks for the update. Wimax connection comes with Cat5 cable but my wireless router has a input RJ11 (Telehpone line). How can i convert Cat4 to RJ11 input to my wireless router. Is this possible?

    Madan

  6. #6
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    @kmadan
    PROBLEM
    Wimax connection comes with Cat5 cable but my wireless router has a input RJ11 (Telehpone line). How can i convert Cat4 to RJ11 input to my wireless router. Is this possible?
    Interesting question, not raised so far, to best of my knowledge.
    1.
    Any chance Beetel450BX has a WAN/Internet port( in addition to Lan1,2,3,& 4 outputs ?
    If so connect to WAN port..
    Connect the cable from the PoE box "Data IN" port to the routers "Internet" port (Blue Port). Connect the LAN cable from the Ethernet Port (marked 1 - 4) behind the Router to your PCs network Card (RJ45 Interface). Once your Wireless link is UP you can remove this cable.
    2.
    OR we connect the RJ45 to LAN1 and LAN2 to
    laptop computer. ethernet port. ( switch mode ? )
    Try to Access/set the 450BX1 router settings for WIFI Then disconnect rj45 cable.
    Try laptop in WiFI mode.
    I am not sure about this .
    Please give a try and give feedback.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by essbebe View Post
    @kmadan
    PROBLEM


    Interesting question, not raised so far, to best of my knowledge.
    1.
    Any chance Beetel450BX has a WAN/Internet port( in addition to Lan1,2,3,& 4 outputs ?
    If so connect to WAN port..


    2.
    OR we connect the RJ45 to LAN1 and LAN2 to
    laptop computer. ethernet port. ( switch mode ? )
    Try to Access/set the 450BX1 router settings for WIFI Then disconnect rj45 cable.
    Try laptop in WiFI mode.
    I am not sure about this .
    Please give a try and give feedback.
    Let me explain my setup:

    From Tata Wimax antenna, there is a cable with Cat5. Tata people connected this CAT5 cable to "PowerDsine PD-3001/AC" as input. "PowerDsine PD-3001/AC" and my laptop are connected with CAT5 cable. This is how i am accessing the internet. And one more thing is once connected, any site i browse it goes to Tata web page there i need to authenticate with User name and password provided by Tata people. From there onwards i can browse any site. This is the existing setup. With this i can only connect to internet from my laptop. If I just remove the cable to my laptop and connect to my desktop then it doesnt connect to internet at all. It just shows "Network cable unplugged".

    I'm not sure why my desktop not able connect.... any MAC address based filtering or something else ???


    As per your suggestion

    "Connect the cable from the PoE box "Data IN" port to the routers "Internet" port (Blue Port). Connect the LAN cable from the Ethernet Port (marked 1 - 4) behind the Router to your PCs network Card (RJ45 Interface). Once your Wireless link is UP you can remove this cable. "

    I checked my wireless router. My wireless router has one power input, one RJ45 input and 4 LAN ports (LAN1,2,3,4). I didnt see any WAN port to my wireless device. As a trial i just connected the output of the "PowerDsine PD-3001/AC" to the LAN1 port of my Wireless router and i connected Wireless Router LAN2 to my laptop. After that i Login to the Wireless router admin page and disabled the DHCP. I'm to able to connect to the internet. Then i removed the LAN Cable to my laptop and tried accessing through Wireless network, and able to connect to the internet. Either through cable or wireless, the IP assgined to my laptop is some dynamic one and showing as "Assigned by DHCP"

    Then i Conncted the LAN2 port to my Desktop LAN port. It is keep on showing "Acquiring network address" and at the end it is giving ip conflict. When i checked here the IP assigned was 192.168.1.1.

    I'm not sure how to proceed further her. Please help.

    Let me know if any additional information required.

    -Madan

    Quote Originally Posted by essbebe View Post
    @kmadan
    PROBLEM


    Interesting question, not raised so far, to best of my knowledge.
    1.
    Any chance Beetel450BX has a WAN/Internet port( in addition to Lan1,2,3,& 4 outputs ?
    If so connect to WAN port..


    2.
    OR we connect the RJ45 to LAN1 and LAN2 to
    laptop computer. ethernet port. ( switch mode ? )
    Try to Access/set the 450BX1 router settings for WIFI Then disconnect rj45 cable.
    Try laptop in WiFI mode.
    I am not sure about this .
    Please give a try and give feedback.
    Let me explain my setup:

    From Tata Wimax antenna, there is a cable with Cat5. Tata people connected this CAT5 cable to "PowerDsine PD-3001/AC" as input. "PowerDsine PD-3001/AC" and my laptop are connected with CAT5 cable. This is how i am accessing the internet. And one more thing is once connected, any site i browse it goes to Tata web page there i need to authenticate with User name and password provided by Tata people. From there onwards i can browse any site. This is the existing setup. With this i can only connect to internet from my laptop. If I just remove the cable to my laptop and connect to my desktop then it doesnt connect to internet at all. It just shows "Network cable unplugged".

    I'm not sure why my desktop not able connect.... any MAC address based filtering or something else ???


    As per your suggestion

    "Connect the cable from the PoE box "Data IN" port to the routers "Internet" port (Blue Port). Connect the LAN cable from the Ethernet Port (marked 1 - 4) behind the Router to your PCs network Card (RJ45 Interface). Once your Wireless link is UP you can remove this cable. "

    I checked my wireless router. My wireless router has one power input, one RJ45 input and 4 LAN ports (LAN1,2,3,4). I didnt see any WAN port to my wireless device. As a trial i just connected the output of the "PowerDsine PD-3001/AC" to the LAN1 port of my Wireless router and i connected Wireless Router LAN2 to my laptop. After that i Login to the Wireless router admin page and disabled the DHCP. I'm to able to connect to the internet. Then i removed the LAN Cable to my laptop and tried accessing through Wireless network, and able to connect to the internet. Either through cable or wireless, the IP assgined to my laptop is some dynamic one and showing as "Assigned by DHCP"

    Then i Conncted the LAN2 port to my Desktop LAN port. It is keep on showing "Acquiring network address" and at the end it is giving ip conflict. When i checked here the IP assigned was 192.168.1.1.

    I'm not sure how to proceed further her. Please help.

    Let me know if any additional information required.

    -Madan

    You can check about "PowerDsine PD-3001/AC" ww.voipsupply.com/pd-3001-ac
    Last edited by kmadan; 21st March 2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #8
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default PowerDsine PD-3001/AC

    WARNING
    There is power in the RJ45 cable connection
    Please wait. will give reply later. checking up.
    Advise Not to use the Beetel modem/router 450BX now.

    If nothing has gone wrong in Beetel unit
    try in
    TCP/IP properties assign IP address automatically.



    From Tata Wimax antenna, there is a cable with Cat5. Tata people connected this CAT5 cable to "PowerDsine PD-3001/AC" as input. "PowerDsine PD-3001/AC" and my laptop are connected with CAT5 cable. This is how i am accessing the internet. And one more thing is once connected, any site i browse it goes to Tata web page there i need to authenticate with User name and password provided by Tata people. From there onwards i can browse any site. This is the existing setup. With this i can only connect to internet from my laptop. If I just remove the cable to my laptop and connect to my desktop then it doesnt connect to internet at all. It just shows "Network cable unplugged".
    It is OK. One RJ45 carrying Power to the Antenna
    ( with built in amplifier /modem?) Like good old
    TV Antenna Boosters which carried power in the TV
    ribbon type antenna cable.

    Now I understand, that ANOTHER
    output Rj45 (No DCvoltage) is being connected to laptop.
    So. I feel no damage done ! Pleaseconfirm
    Try the same connection in Desktop, and use dialup etc ,
    Post ipconfig /all data
    Start/ RUN type cmd type ipconfig /all

    Para two:
    Try the desktop separately. ( without beetel)
    Post ipconfig /all data
    START RUN type cmd type ipconfig /all
    Last edited by essbebe; 22nd March 2009 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost deleted duplicate entries

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default

    One good news. I didnt change any settings to either system or router, this morning i am able to connect to internet on both desktop and laptop but cannot access both at a time.

    Here are the settings of ipconfig. This is from my laptop. From desktop also the ipconfig settings are pretty similar. Here I can see the IP was assigned by DHCP and not local addresses too.

    As i said earlier, whenever i connected to internet it will be redirected to Tata and credentials needs to be provided. After i connected to internet on my laptop and try to connect on my desktop, on the tata home page it is showing "Account inactive" after entering my credentials. I suspect it doesnt allow two machines to login at one time.

    Here can we assign IP to Wireless router and there on can we use LAN to both laptop and desktop instead of public IPs ?? Please suggest.

    C:\Documents and Settings\kavartha>ipconfig /all

    Windows IP Configuration

    Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : mkavarthap1
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : asiapacific.hpqcorp.net
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : asiapacific.hpqcorp.net
    broadband.vsnl.com
    hpqcorp.net

    Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet8:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for
    VMnet8
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-50-56-C0-00-08
    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.153.1
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

    Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet1:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for
    VMnet1
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-50-56-C0-00-01
    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.59.1
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

    Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : broadband.vsnl.com
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AG
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-3B-92-4E-67
    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.176.192.106
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.176.192.1
    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.176.192.1
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 172.31.7.197
    172.31.6.133
    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:46:54 AM
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, March 22, 2009 12:49:02 PM

    Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2:

    Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-21-86-30-C4-F9

    One more thing i want to mention, I'm no where using RJ45 cable. I believe in my Wireless router LAN1 acts as both LAN output and WAN input.

    One bad thing I observed, I'm not able to access router configuration page. Earlier I used to access it throught 192.168.1.1 But now this is showing blank page. Please help. How can i access the router settings.

    Madan
    Last edited by kmadan; 22nd March 2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #10
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    If nothing has gone wrong in Beetel unit
    try in
    TCP/IP properties assign IP address automatically.
    Thanks.
    One more thing i want to mention, I'm no where using RJ45 cable. I believe in my Wireless router LAN1 acts as both LAN output and WAN input.
    This is what we are trying
    Target:
    LAPTOP should work in WIFI mode..

    Did you try assign IP address automatically in both
    desktop and laptop ?
    Studying the data you have given. will give comments later. Lunch !
    The set up will be :
    Tata unit Rj45 ===>> beetel Lan1\
    Laptop on wireless ( No physical connection )

    Beetel Lan 2 to desktop.
    Both should work.
    IF not we have to try a wifi router without adsl modem
    having a WAN port ( internet port )

    Do you need settings for Beetel 450BX?

    Tata unit appears to be a normal ADSl modem.
    If you access it type
    192.168.1.1/look.html
    if you get any info please post it.
    Tata has given you only "Dialer" Mode facility.
    ( You have to enable DHCP in the modem
    and enter userid and pw in the modem itself )


    Start Network /lan or wireless Network
    Properties
    clik TCP/IP
    properties
    Obtain Ip address automatically
    Apply Save.

    Keep a record of current IP addresses .

    @just4kix kindly advice on IP addresses.



    .

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by essbebe View Post
    Thanks.


    This is what we are trying
    Target:
    LAPTOP should work in WIFI mode..

    Did you try assign IP address automatically in both
    desktop and laptop ?
    Studying the data you have given. will give comments later. Lunch !
    The set up will be :
    Tata unit Rj45 ===>> beetel Lan1\
    Laptop on wireless ( No physical connection )

    Beetel Lan 2 to desktop.
    Both should work.
    IF not we have to try a wifi router without adsl modem
    having a WAN port ( internet port )

    Do you need settings for Beetel 450BX?

    Tata unit appears to be a normal ADSl modem.
    If you access it type
    192.168.1.1/look.html
    if you get any info please post it.
    Tata has given you only "Dialer" Mode facility.
    ( You have to enable DHCP in the modem
    and enter userid and pw in the modem itself )


    Start Network /lan or wireless Network
    Properties
    clik TCP/IP
    properties
    Obtain Ip address automatically
    Apply Save.

    Keep a record of current IP addresses .

    @just4kix kindly advice on IP addresses.



    .
    I'm able to access the Router's web page by giving the static IP address 192.168.1.1 to my machine.

    Now the only problem is i cannot access internet on desktop and laptop at teh same time. Any ideas to resolve the problem.

    -Madan

    Quote Originally Posted by essbebe View Post
    Thanks.


    This is what we are trying
    Target:
    LAPTOP should work in WIFI mode..

    Did you try assign IP address automatically in both
    desktop and laptop ?
    Studying the data you have given. will give comments later. Lunch !
    The set up will be :
    Tata unit Rj45 ===>> beetel Lan1\
    Laptop on wireless ( No physical connection )

    Beetel Lan 2 to desktop.
    Both should work.
    IF not we have to try a wifi router without adsl modem
    having a WAN port ( internet port )

    Do you need settings for Beetel 450BX?

    Tata unit appears to be a normal ADSl modem.
    If you access it type
    192.168.1.1/look.html
    if you get any info please post it.
    Tata has given you only "Dialer" Mode facility.
    ( You have to enable DHCP in the modem
    and enter userid and pw in the modem itself )


    Start Network /lan or wireless Network
    Properties
    clik TCP/IP
    properties
    Obtain Ip address automatically
    Apply Save.

    Keep a record of current IP addresses .

    @just4kix kindly advice on IP addresses.



    .
    I'm able to access the Router's web page by giving the static IP address 192.168.1.1 to my machine.

    Now the only problem is i cannot access internet on desktop and laptop at teh same time. Any ideas to resolve the problem.

    -Madan
    Last edited by kmadan; 23rd March 2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #12
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    Now the only problem is i cannot access internet on desktop and laptop at teh same time. Any ideas to resolve the problem
    seems some progress !
    If you just use "Quote" and give your reply , do not know
    what suggestions worked or failed.
    Use [quote ] blah blah [ /quote] without space will appear
    blah blah
    Then type your response.

    Repost ipconfig /all
    for both desktop and laptop.
    show the present connectivity set up for Both.

    wimax ==rj45 = desktop ===etc

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I'll post the ipconfig details soon. Other info.

    WIMAX-CAT5 >> WirelessRouter-LAN1

    LAPTOP has no physical connection

    Desktop: LAN2 >> DESKTOP.

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default Unable to connet through router

    Quote Originally Posted by essbebe View Post
    Thanks.


    This is what we are trying
    Target:
    LAPTOP should work in WIFI mode..

    Did you try assign IP address automatically in both
    desktop and laptop ?
    Studying the data you have given. will give comments later. Lunch !
    The set up will be :
    Tata unit Rj45 ===>> beetel Lan1\
    Laptop on wireless ( No physical connection )

    Beetel Lan 2 to desktop.
    Both should work.
    IF not we have to try a wifi router without adsl modem
    having a WAN port ( internet port )

    Do you need settings for Beetel 450BX?

    Tata unit appears to be a normal ADSl modem.
    If you access it type
    192.168.1.1/look.html
    if you get any info please post it.
    Tata has given you only "Dialer" Mode facility.
    ( You have to enable DHCP in the modem
    and enter userid and pw in the modem itself )


    Start Network /lan or wireless Network
    Properties
    clik TCP/IP
    properties
    Obtain Ip address automatically
    Apply Save.

    Keep a record of current IP addresses .

    @just4kix kindly advice on IP addresses.



    .
    I am trying to get connected through the beetel 450 bxi. When i try to access internet through the modem vista is showing that DNS has some issues. I am able to connect to internet through laptop LAN. When i tried the DNS in Lan as the router DNS vista is showing an error cannot ping to the DNS
    This my IPConfig before changing the DNS of router and Wimax connected to Laptop LAN.
    Windows IP Configuration

    Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : xyz-PC
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

    Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-3B-CB-D2-B9
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::e594:cfea:ea9c:1b97%14(Preferred)
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2(Preferred)
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, April 18, 2009 2:38:54 PM
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, April 19, 2009 2:38:53 PM
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

    Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

    Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-E2-DD-09-F5
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

    Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 590x 10/100 Ethernet
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1D-09-5B-9F-CB
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 124.125.223.208(Preferred)
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, April 18, 2009 2:41:24 PM
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, April 18, 2009 4:41:24 PM
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 124.125.223.1
    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 123.237.136.1
    220.225.236.85
    220.225.236.84
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled



    Where am i wrong?Any suggestions??

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Hi I qam facing the same problem

    I have a ATata connection 400kbps

    II am using Beetel 450bxi router
    and able to connect wirelessly but only one laptop at a time else it gives IP conflict.
    Evrytime i get the same error i.e There is some problem with your DNS configuration

    Is this a problem with router?

  16. #16
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smartscorpion View Post
    Hi I qam facing the same problem

    I have a ATata connection 400kbps

    II am using Beetel 450bxi router
    and able to connect wirelessly but only one laptop at a time else it gives IP conflict.
    Evrytime i get the same error i.e There is some problem with your DNS configuration

    Is this a problem with router?
    NO. Enable DHCP in router. ( say range 192.168.1.3 to 192.168.1.20)
    All laptops
    Start Network Wireless LAN
    Properties
    TCP/IP
    Properties
    Select
    Obtain IP address automatically
    Apply Save.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default

    i ahve already done that but doesnt work

    I enabled DHCP in my Tata provided Modem and disabled DHCP in my Beetel router

    Tata modem is in Bridged mode
    Can u tell me should Beetel be kept in PPPOE mode?bcoz thts wht m doing..

  18. #18
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Thumbs up unable to login multiple pc's using tataindicom wimax connection

    Hi All,

    I am also using the same Tata Indicom connection and tried the same but it didn't work. What i found is Tata Indicom Wimax connection will get a static ip for which the ip's starts with 10. something like 10.x.x.x etc whereas the routers ip will be 192.x.x.x . But i had even tried with changing the router's ip to that static ip but it failed.

    Finally called up to the tata indicom call center and ask them to make it a dynamic ip and to enable them for multiple pc's or laptop usage. once you succeed in that ur ip will be something that start with 192.x.x.x and you can connect to multiple systems but the login page of tata indicom will appear for sure. Only diff. is you can use both the pc's/laptop simultaneously but need to enter ur login credentials in each.

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Lost of stuff to read from this posts..

    but anyways just for reference -
    - indiabroadband.net/tata-wimax/38363-need-help-tata-wimax-linksys-adsl-router-wag54g2.html

    I have given pics here, looks like that is not the way - we will need ADSL INTERNET input model to connect .

    On the point of Router - right now i am stuck with not able to get the home page of CPE box i.e. Power DSine 3001 POE box given by Tata WiMAX people.

    in above posts I will try to connect to 124.125.223.1 OR 10.176.192.1..
    (in my case IP is 10....248 and default gateway i.e. CPE's IP is 10...1 )
    but I browse like http:10.....1 - nothing appears ((((

  20. #20
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    Option 1 :
    Try "MER" in WAN page.
    http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/593/02102010003.jpg
    Option 2:
    or try static IP;
    IPGateway : Static Ip given by TATA wimax )
    subnet ... ( from Ipconfig /all)Tata
    Modem gateway: As obtained from above.

    we will need ADSL INTERNET input model to connect
    .
    NOT NEEDED. . a wifi router will do.
    basically used as a switch and the wifi page gets settings from WAN page to connect.

    Option 3;
    A stand alone WIFI router with Dynamic IP mode reported to work nicely.
    ( I am using method 2 to connect to Tikona type cable connection )
    Rj45 to wi5 ( cable ISP feed from WIFI tower nearby)
    . to WAN PORT of Netgear WGR614V6 with Dynamic IP selected.
    Last edited by essbebe; 11th December 2011 at 05:41 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18th June 2010, 05:28 AM
  2. Configuring Liknsys wireless router WRT54G2 with tata wimax
    By anugrahagb in forum Tata Indicom broadband
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th August 2009, 01:22 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25th July 2009, 08:07 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30th March 2009, 11:33 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18th January 2009, 07:22 AM