Not everyone has a fast internet connection. Many of us are still stuck with a slow internet connection. Having a slow internet connection is a big pain when you desperately need a website to open and your net connection refuses to do so. In this article I have decide to compile a few tricks to make your slow internet connection really work. First of all avoid loading big websites. These websites are big in size and therefore require a lot of data to be downloaded to display the webpage. Also while watching YouTube videos, if you are on a slow connection change the quality to lower one such as 240p. This will make the video buffer easily.
Use Opera as your browser on the PC. Opera uses turbo technology which compresses the webpage and images and makes them load faster. Opera will automatically enable turbo mode if it finds your net connection to be slow. You can also do it manually by going to Tools>Quick Preference>Enable opera turbo. Opera turbo mode also saves your data if you are on a limited network connection.
There are a few more websites which help you to get your work done. Some of them are:-
• Instead of going to google.com go to Google . This is the mobile version of Google but it can be used in PC. This websites loads a lot faster than the general google website.
• You can use http://www.google.com/gwt/n for loading websites. Google renders the webpage and make them load very fast. You can also select text only version of the website.
• Use OpenDNS or Google DNS. It makes website loading a bit faster.
• Use extensions such as Adblock which blocks flash ads and makes the website load faster.
• Increase the cache size of your browser.
Loading Gmail on a slow internet connection is a tedious task. It takes a long time to load. Instead of going to gmail.com, go to https://mail.google.com/mail/x/ this is the mobile version of Gmail which loads almost instantly on a PC. Always keep a look on the applications running in the background, they might be consuming data which will affect your browsing speed. If you are using XP, use TC/IP optimizer to optimize the internet connection. Disable Automatic updates of your browser. Use offline setup files to install programs. Also disable automatic update of your antivirus program.
These are some of the tricks that one can do to get his work done even on a slow internet connection. After applying these tricks, you will certainly feel an increase in the speed of opening of webpages.