- 15th January 2011 #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2010
Huawei UMG 1831 21mbps modem giving <1mbps
I just bought a Huawei UMG 1831 modem which says it supports 21 mbps(for future networks of course). I bought it knowing that BSNL 3G for now supports upto 7.2mbps. And i've seen my HSDPA enabled mobile phone giving speeds upto 4mbps.
But when i connected this modem, its giving less than 1 mbps even on download accelerators. Is it just network congestion or some problem with modem? I also saw that its updated to the latest firmware: 11.826.03.01.420
Anyone with the same modem ? I need help guys, i'm using it in bangalore. As i've said, my 3G mobile gives speed upto 4mbps. Any inputs will be appreciated.
*P.S: But this modem doesn't come with any manual or warranty, it comes in just a small carboard box, on which 21mbps is pasted with a separate paper. Is it like those pen drive scams claiming 100000000... GB capacities? To make it worse, huawei doesn't have any websites with info on these modems, like other mobile phone websites have.
Come on guys, no one with any info?
Last edited by einstein0072004; 15th January 2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
- By sandeepkvarshney in forum Mobile broadbandReplies: 6Last Post: 24th June 2011, 04:04 PM
- By bodmas in forum Connect BroadbandReplies: 3Last Post: 11th May 2011, 05:20 PM
- By amlansarma in forum Bsnl 3gReplies: 53Last Post: 17th March 2011, 10:55 PM
- By lubob in forum Bsnl 3gReplies: 0Last Post: 16th January 2011, 07:49 PM
- By y.parchani in forum BSNL broadbandReplies: 14Last Post: 13th May 2009, 04:27 PM