1. #1
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    18

    Angry BSNL Shocker - No more unlimited 2G / 3G Plans

    Can you believe this ....?
    BSNL apparently in all its infinite wisdom (???) will withdraw the unlimited 2G (Rs 274) and unlimited 3G (1499) vouchers.

    Existing customers will not get unlimited plans once their validity ends.

    The new recharge slabs read like a b-grade nightmare flick.
    2G - Rs 270/- for 6 GB (after which its 2 paise per 10 KB) and 3G - Rs 1500/- for 15 GB (after which its 2 paise per 10 KB). Now this is real madness.

    The BSNL site still shows the old slabs. However these new rates apply from Friday, Feb 18, 2011...

    Hoping against hope that this is not true and just a big rumor.

    The original bearer of this horrifying news is the site telecom.info.

    Praying ..... Praying..... Praying........ Let this be a big joke.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    sureshraj_mali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    65

    Default

    I guess this should not happen but If happens, I'll surely switch to some other provider.

  3. #3
    Platinum Member
    mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmellosd View Post

    The original bearer of this horrifying news is the site telecom.info.

    Praying ..... Praying..... Praying........ Let this be a big joke.
    where is the link-url? not telecom.info give us complete url..
    job takes the child away.

  4. #4
    Silver Member
    ramli7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmellosd View Post
    Can you believe this ....?
    BSNL apparently in all its infinite wisdom (???) will withdraw the unlimited 2G (Rs 274) and unlimited 3G (1499) vouchers.

    Existing customers will not get unlimited plans once their validity ends.

    The new recharge slabs read like a b-grade nightmare flick.
    2G - Rs 270/- for 6 GB (after which its 2 paise per 10 KB) and 3G - Rs 1500/- for 15 GB (after which its 2 paise per 10 KB). Now this is real madness.

    The BSNL site still shows the old slabs. However these new rates apply from Friday, Feb 18, 2011...

    Hoping against hope that this is not true and just a big rumor.

    The original bearer of this horrifying news is the site telecom.info.

    Praying ..... Praying..... Praying........ Let this be a big joke.
    There are two categories in Existing customers.

    1. Regular customers prepaid /1499 and postpaid/1359 unlimited plan. For these customers, they will not withdraw or close their plan. They may be increased with a few hundred rupees, as in the case of EVDO done earlier 550 ---> 650 ---> 750. Not more than that.

    New customers for this plan may be withdrawn. BUT IT IS VERY REMOTE.

    2. Those who are under promotional offer of 2000/2months, 2500/3months and 4200/6months. Here also nothing to panic. If you verify the bills for these customers it will be clear.

    I am having 2500 / 3months plan which ends day after tomorrow i.e 17th Feb. The bill is prepared every month for 1359 and the differential amount with promotional and regular one is deducted as DISCOUNT. My plan has automatically changed to regular one ( 1359) wef from 18th Feb. for which the bill has already been received and payment made. From 18th to 28th charged for 533 ( at the rate of 1359 ).

    So these promotional offer customers will naturally become regular customers after validity period.
    Last edited by ramli7; 15th February 2011 at 10:01 PM.

  5. #5
    Silver Member
    ulysses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    328

    Unhappy what alternative 3g with better constant speed for Rs 1500/15GB?

    I spoke to Airtel in Chennai .The service is only in Chennai and coimbatore.
    They say in Flexi pack Rs 675 -1.25 gb -Max bill is Rs 2000 for 13 GB or so.modem is Rs 2400.

    I told them they need to give 5-10-15 GB data slabs for serious users.Also they say they will charge for data roaming!! Un thinkable right now unless BSNL changes the rules!

    If one is travelling type BSNL is the only choice in regional towns. recently my browsing speed in Srirangam ,Trichy was faster than my chennai speeds!!

    Still In Secunderabad,A.P, My flat is getting max 1mbps.(shadow area ) Already using a big pot/pan as an antennae (to keep the usb tethered phone)
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    Silver Member
    ramli7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    347

    Default



    If Unlimited plans are withdrawn.....






  7. #7
    Platinum Member
    mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
    I spoke to Airtel in Chennai .The service is only in Chennai and coimbatore.
    They say in Flexi pack Rs 675 -1.25 gb -Max bill is Rs 2000 for 13 GB or so.modem is Rs 2400.

    I told them they need to give 5-10-15 GB data slabs for serious users.Also they say they will charge for data roaming!! Un thinkable right now unless BSNL changes the rules!

    If one is travelling type BSNL is the only choice in regional towns. recently my browsing speed in Srirangam ,Trichy was faster than my chennai speeds!!

    Still In Secunderabad,A.P, My flat is getting max 1mbps.(shadow area ) Already using a big pot/pan as an antennae (to keep the usb tethered phone)

    oranges and grapes ? and thats a pan and thats a phone on it??
    job takes the child away.

  8. #8
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    93

    Default

    It is not officially conformed by BSNL, lets see after 6-7 days whether it is true
    or just a rumour. if it is true the happy days of unlimited downloading r gone

  9. #9
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    93

    Default

    we will miss u. gone the happy days of torrent downloading. hd movies, games
    bye bye
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #10
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    70

    Default

    No More Unlimited GPRS & 3G Data Plans From BSNL

    Last edited by Admin; 12th July 2014 at 11:04 AM.

  11. #11
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default Current GPRS plans

    Idea Rs98-2 GB
    Airtel Rs98-2GB
    Uninor Rs90-6GB
    TATA Docomo Rs95-6GB & Rs149-8GB
    BSNL Rs249-6GB!!!new ... WTF

  12. #12
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abhitp View Post
    Idea Rs98-2 GB
    Airtel Rs98-2GB
    Uninor Rs90-6GB
    TATA Docomo Rs95-6GB & Rs149-8GB
    BSNL Rs249-6GB!!!new ... WTF
    Really? I'm paying Rs 450 for 600MB on Airtel. How do i get the 98 plan on postpaid.

  13. #13
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    48

    Default

    from where you get this information about new plans ?
    not on bsnl website ?
    not in any news paper ?
    tell it dear .............$

    from where you get this information about new plans ?
    not on bsnl website ?
    not in any news paper ?
    tell it dear .............$
    Last edited by lakhwinder; 17th February 2011 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  14. #14
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yawnlike View Post
    Really? I'm paying Rs 450 for 600MB on Airtel. How do i get the 98 plan on postpaid.
    for yawnlike,...
    You can see for further detail on Airtel site.
    Home>For Me> Mobile> Postpaid services> Services> Data services and then select "Mobile office - Monthly Internet"

    They have given procedure for activation OR simply visit near Airtel's center.

  15. #15
    Bronze Member
    ATHUL4R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abhitp View Post
    Idea Rs98-2 GB
    Airtel Rs98-2GB
    Uninor Rs90-6GB
    TATA Docomo Rs95-6GB & Rs149-8GB
    BSNL Rs249-6GB!!!new ... WTF
    Except bsnl which one has good speed with no regular disconnection issue.

    coz after my 6month 3g unlimited ends i think i need to change to 2g Edge if bsnl guys will not give UL plans at affordable price.

  16. #16
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    59

    Default

    "BSNL Unlimited GPRS Yojna AAJ (17Feb) samapt ho rahi hai-Jaldi recharge karen"

    Rs274 validity 30 days
    Rs699 validity 90 days
    Rs1299 validity 180 days

  17. #17
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2

    Exclamation



    Hey guyz its confirmed they have changed their plan. Today i went to recharge 1500rs prepaid unlimited 3G Internet but i came back sad....

    everything gone away.....**** bsnl....u should not do like this...


    all 3G customer will move to some other providers.. .sooon....

  18. #18
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I purchased a 3G data card of BSNL with a 3G modem (Supports 21.1 MBPS)
    for a month it ran like a tornado speed, and then after I recharged it with Rs. 274, it slowed down to legacy speed of 10-50 kbps (Download speed).

    The connection shows poor or fair always, is there any problem of modem or it's due to this change??

  19. #19
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default shock , bsnl 2g internet speed decrease

    now it is official news from bsnl that they revised their plans for 2g and 3g for internet

  20. #20
    The Wizard
    meetdilip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manish1234 View Post
    now it is official news from bsnl that they revised their plans for 2g and 3g for internet
    Link please...........

  21. #21
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    48

    Default

    2G plains bsnl
    7 100mb
    14 200mb 3 days
    54 300, 2gb 1 month
    98 2gb 30 days
    219 2gb DAY, 4gb NIGHT 30 DAYS
    270 6gb 30 ANYTIME
    555 10gb 6 month
    -------------------
    3G PLAINS BSNL
    275 500 mb 30
    440 1gb 30
    716 2gb 30
    1500 15gb 30
    3000 35gb 30
    ------------------------
    274 UNLIMTED not valid, no more free roaming
    bsnl website still showing old plains, call to cc they will tell you these plains

  22. #22
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Abhi347 View Post
    I purchased a 3G data card of BSNL with a 3G modem (Supports 21.1 MBPS)
    for a month it ran like a tornado speed, and then after I recharged it with Rs. 274, it slowed down to legacy speed of 10-50 kbps (Download speed).

    The connection shows poor or fair always, is there any problem of modem or it's due to this change??


    bad luck dear


    you will now not get good speed on your data card .due to change in bsnl plans & speed

  23. #23
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    26

    Angry

    it's official , here is the link- "http://www.upe.bsnl.co.in/download/curr_mob_voucher.pdf"

    damn!! just bought UMG 1831 modem for 3k!!

  24. #24
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TANMAY View Post
    it's official , here is the link-

    damn!! just bought UMG 1831 modem for 3k!!
    Damn!!!! It sucks!!!

    Any other mobile subscriber have better plan than this???

  25. #25
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Not got this type of News in Orissa

    Quote Originally Posted by Abhi347 View Post
    I purchased a 3G data card of BSNL with a 3G modem (Supports 21.1 MBPS)
    for a month it ran like a tornado speed, and then after I recharged it with Rs. 274, it slowed down to legacy speed of 10-50 kbps (Download speed).

    The connection shows poor or fair always, is there any problem of modem or it's due to this change??
    By recharging 274 ur data plan has been converted to 2G ..
    After 1mnth it spped will back but dont rchrg 274 again...
    Last edited by Razor_xPJ; 20th February 2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  26. #26
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default

    no other plans r better than this. bsnl is still cheaper.
    btw 274 is and 1499 is still working in some states

  27. #27
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default Regarding bill

    man..this is really bad..just got the data card on feb 3rd and now this happens..

    Anyway i have a question, i have the 1359 postpaid unlimited plan..
    Now will the charges be applicable from next month or will they reflect from this month?

    I mean, will i get a huge bill in march?? Cos, the current speeds allow me to down 1gb every hour...should i make full use of it for the remaining days or stop??

    Please help.

  28. #28
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    25

    Default

    You are on UL plan so dont worry...download all you want

  29. #29
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hoho View Post
    You are on UL plan so dont worry...download all you want
    Thanks for the vote of confidence , but the telecom talk site says new rates are applicable from 18th feb...thats why i'm confused

  30. #30
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lakhwinder View Post
    2g plains bsnl
    7 100mb
    14 200mb 3 days
    54 300, 2gb 1 month
    98 2gb 30 days
    219 2gb day, 4gb night 30 days
    270 6gb 30 anytime
    555 10gb 6 month
    -------------------
    3g plains bsnl
    275 500 mb 30
    440 1gb 30
    716 2gb 30
    1500 15gb 30
    3000 35gb 30
    ------------------------
    274 unlimted not valid, no more free roaming
    bsnl website still showing old plains, call to cc they will tell you these plains
    free roaming hasnot been withdrawn !!!!! Pls dont misguide...

  31. #31
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anoopambalamkunnu View Post
    free roaming hasnot been withdrawn !!!!! Pls dont misguide...
    I called cc they told roaming is not free now, as per they told I written here. you can also call to cc to confirm., may be now free

  32. #32
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    93

    Default

    yes its now officially conformed.here is the link
    :: BSNL 3G ::

  33. #33
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abdeali View Post
    yes its now officially conformed.here is the link
    ya they have updated thiere site today, they have also updated theire 2g plan

  34. #34
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    59

    Default

    so we are supposed to use this sucking speed permanently ?
    or their is any issue which will be solve shortly ?

  35. #35
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandy_mzp View Post
    so we are supposed to use this sucking speed permanently ?
    or their is any issue which will be solve shortly ?
    if u have recharged with 2g plan in 3g sim then when plan expires u will definitely get 3g speed

  36. #36
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    93

    Default

    guys, there is only one option left for us ,that we can buy buy an ipad micro sim
    and convert into normal sim by a sim adapter. the bsnl ipad plan is 1000 rs unlimited per month. u can refer my post on this.
    http://www.indiabroadband.net/bsnl-3...999-month.html.

  37. #37
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    hii guys today i just went to the bsnl office and asked them why they have withrawn unlimited plans and the officer told me that it is because of the private companies and he also told me that not to worry unlimited plant will be back within 2-3 months

  38. #38
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yagneshiyer View Post
    man..this is really bad..just got the data card on feb 3rd and now this happens..

    Anyway i have a question, i have the 1359 postpaid unlimited plan..
    Now will the charges be applicable from next month or will they reflect from this month?

    I mean, will i get a huge bill in march?? Cos, the current speeds allow me to down 1gb every hour...should i make full use of it for the remaining days or stop??

    Please help.
    I GOT A BILL OF RS 45670.00
    I was on 6 Months unlimited festive offer and today, i received a bill by speed post for freaking 45k.

    I am going to raise hell now.
    I already invested 2.5k for the modem and then suffered DNS/router outrages for months together now and then, this bill comes to shock the beejeebus out of me.

    Let me know if any of you got such a bill too.

    Lax.

  39. #39
    Silver Member
    ramli7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Please read my post # 56 in ........

    http://www.indiabroadband.net/bsnl-3...d-1mbps-3.html

Similar Threads

  1. BSNL NEW unlimited plans
    By dhamodharanp in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 12th September 2012, 11:08 AM
  2. BSNL Unlimited Plans
    By ds11222 in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 5th August 2012, 01:54 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10th March 2012, 12:50 AM
  4. BSNL users with unlimited plans
    By Rake in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 26th September 2011, 05:17 AM
  5. BSNL Modem purchase SHOCKER!!!
    By einstein0072004 in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 28th April 2011, 09:16 AM

Posting Permissions

Log in

Log in
BSNL Broadband Forum Airtel Broadband Forum Reliance Broadband Forum Tikona Broadband Forum MTNL Broadband Forum Tata Broadband Forum
BSNL 3G Forum MTNL 3G Forum Idea 3G Forum Airtel 3G Forum Reliance 3G Forum Vodafone 3G Forum
Airtel Mobile Forum Reliance Mobile Forum BSNL Mobile Forum Idea Mobile Forum Vodafone Mobile Forum Aircel Mobile Forum
Tata Sky Forum Dish TV Forum Reliance DTH Forum Videocon DTH Forum Airtel DTH Forum SUN DTH Forum