Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. #61
    Silver Member
    ulysses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    328

    Default Chennai 1MBps fixed always

    I get full signal in Triplicane ,Chennai and used to get 3 to 3.7 Mbps before the capping. Tower has full signal and the needle jumps beyond 1000kbs and then throttled to 1 Mbps.
    But in Secunderabad last week I could hardly get 1 Mbps.
    But recently browsing experience is better.Evenings slow.

    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1206122142.png

  2. #62
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14

    Smile BSNL 3G capped the speed at 50 KBps

    Hi all,

    I too received an interim bill for Rs 45K though I was under unlimited plan as an existing customer from 1st Feb 2011. I also received my regular bill for 1500 which was according to the plan. According to the deal between customer and BSNL no one can change the post paid plan for atleast 6 months from the start date....w.r.t tariff and data charges and this is mentioned behind the BSNL regular bill.
    After my continuous efforts and some help from my friend I personally visited BSNL office and submitted a letter for the wrong billing usage to the Chief Account Officer, Bangalore and got an acknowledgment for the same. I was told that the interim bill is sent by mistake to around 250 users in bangalore and they would revert the charges.
    The due date on the Interim bill was 14 March 2011, my internet connection was working fine till 13th mid night with a download speed of 550 to 600 KBps. But since 14th March 2011 which was the due date of the interim bill the speed has dropped down to 50KBps.
    I again went to the BSNL office and I was told that it has nothing to do with Billing there might be some technical snag or the speed might be capped so in order to fix the issue they asked me to get in touch with Mr. N S Rao who is a chief tech engineer.
    Spoke with Mr. Rao, according to him they have not capped the speed and all is fine technically. But again on my repeated efforts Mr. Rao sent a technical engineer at my location his name was Mr. Dalvi.
    Mr. Dalvi ran some tests to check the RF signal strength and attenuations and said the same thing all is fine, no issues with the signals or the data card.
    According to Mr. Dalvi I am getting a speed of 400Kbps which is pretty good. Being a Chief tech engineer and working for BSNL for such a long time he should understand the difference between KBps and Kbps. I tried to convince him but he redirected me to billing department saying they might have capped the speed.
    I spoke with Mr. Reddy (JTU), according to him the issues is with the tech department and no issues with billing. So the case is billing keeps on blaming the technical dept and vice versa. I am sick and tired of calling these guys and asking for help.
    Please suggest what I can do and how can I achieve what I am paying for.

    Cheers,
    Amit

  3. #63
    The Wizard
    meetdilip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,778

    Default

    You can complain here

    http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp

    But the same people will attend the complaint. So not sure how good it will be. You can try a written complaint with receipt to Nodal officer and Appellate authority. ID and phone no. on the backside of your bill. Once you send a written complaint to any of these authorities, they are obliged to give an answer in written. Make sure you send a brief but explaining reply with screen shots if possible. Give it a try.

  4. #64
    Silver Member
    ramli7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    347

    Default

    @Amit,

    We should wonder only if they are able to differentiate between KBps and Kbps.

    For me also, though I have not downloaded much, for the past three months, from today morning speed has been capped to 512Kbps, simply because, my plan is unlimited. It is horrible to be tortured ( mentally ) like this.

    Till yesterday, it was 3.6Mbps 3G connection. I have captured screenshot of 512kbps in MDMA. By attaching it, I will send a mail to the official concerned to clarify for the capping of my speed. Paying 1500 rs for 512kbps speed, to be reconsidered ( on my part ).
    Last edited by ramli7; 19th March 2011 at 07:16 PM.

  5. #65
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    @meetdilip Thanks brother I will give it a shot

    @ramli7 Machi, I agree...BSNL sucks now. They have cheated us big time

    @meetdilip Thanks brother I will give it a shot

    @ramli7 Machi, I agree...BSNL sucks now. They have cheated us big time

    I have sent an email to the Nodal Office for Bangalore region and in a process to send a letter to the BSNL chief accounts officer via registered post. If I do not get an answer from BSNL regarding my issue can I post a complaint with Consumer court? How helpful will be consumer court in these kind of cases?

    Please reply.
    Last edited by amitk0703; 19th March 2011 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #66
    Silver Member
    sumanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    352

  7. #67
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default bsnl 3g speed issue

    thanks sumath

  8. #68
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27

    Default

    just nw i checked the speed by dwnldng a youtube video
    here is the screenshot
    http://postimage.org/image/5ire8hpg/

  9. #69
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shebin222 View Post
    just nw i checked the speed by dwnldng a youtube video
    here is the screenshot
    View image: New Picture017
    Are u on Unlimited plan?

    Was the speed constant?

    and no speed cap?

  10. #70
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terminatorr5 View Post
    Are u on Unlimited plan?

    Was the speed constant?

    and no speed cap?
    yes,im on unlimited 6 month unlimited plan

    the speed was constant (320-350 KBps)

    but today morning,the speed was again 130 KBps again

    hope,it'll b ok at night

  11. #71
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    At Cochin mdma shows unlimted 3G plan downlink 1024(1Mbps) & and normal(no data plans) 3G downlink 2048(2Mbps)




    Copied from other forum
    posted by pentagan:

    "spoke to the senior most Bsnl official in cochin. According to him the bandwidth is capped for time being to 1024 KBps download and 512 KBps upload only in south india( kerala, karnataka , andhra pradesh , tamilnadu ) because maximum no of bsnl 3g connections for unlimited internet scheme ie (rs 4200) are in south india and hence the bandwidth is clogged in the south . Will be back to original condition only when the promotional unlimited scheme ie (rs 4200) validity is over. pls expect the same bandwidth for the next 45 days till april end."

  12. #72
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    52

    Default Not accurate

    Copied from other forum
    posted by pentagan:

    "spoke to the senior most Bsnl official in cochin. According to him the bandwidth is capped for time being to 1024 KBps download and 512 KBps upload only in south india( kerala, karnataka , andhra pradesh , tamilnadu ) because maximum no of bsnl 3g connections for unlimited internet scheme ie (rs 4200) are in south india and hence the bandwidth is clogged in the south . Will be back to original condition only when the promotional unlimited scheme ie (rs 4200) validity is over. pls expect the same bandwidth for the next 45 days till april end."
    @Varunraj: Not very accurate information. I dont think anybody, especially BSNL, knows what is actually happening . All that we end-users know for sure is that BSNL has not kept its promise and we are getting 1/3rd the speed that was promised. Some of us are getting 1 Mbps and some 2 Mbps downlink. I have been getting 2 Mbps for the last couple of weeks. It used to be 14.2 Mbps before that. I am on 4200/- 6 months UL Plan, in Bangalore.
    See attached image.
    Have emailed BSNL (I think thru' the Grievances Cell (?), link was given in another thread in this Forum). Got a call a couple of days later from an exec in BSNL. Told him what was happening. He replied that BSNL was forced to cap speed as some people were sub-letting bandwidth. I dont know if its feasible technically but I just had to take his word. We are seeing, on a daily basis, how any system can be misused in all walks of life. Sorry for the lengthy rant.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #73
    Silver Member
    ramli7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amitk0703 View Post
    @meetdilip Thanks brother I will give it a shot

    @ramli7 Machi, I agree...BSNL sucks now. They have cheated us big time

    @meetdilip Thanks brother I will give it a shot

    @ramli7 Machi, I agree...BSNL sucks now. They have cheated us big time

    I have sent an email to the Nodal Office for Bangalore region and in a process to send a letter to the BSNL chief accounts officer via registered post. If I do not get an answer from BSNL regarding my issue can I post a complaint with Consumer court? How helpful will be consumer court in these kind of cases?

    Please reply.
    @amitk0703 Thanks for calling me Machi . @ ulysses also to note.

    Making consumer court people to understand our problem will be another head ache. Instead of that, we can collide with this Vegetable vendors itself for our issues.

    Today, I have spent more than an hour with Mandhaveli official regarding my capping to 512Kbps and data account checking. He said he will forward my mail to concerned authorities for further action.

    Today he has replied to my long pending question, that they have recently received clarification from higher authorities to allow the existing unlimited customers to have unlimited usage up to six months from the date of our entering to the unlimited plan ( and not from the change of tariff to limited usage i.e 18th / 25th Feb ).

    As he has promised, called me in the evening and informed me to send sms " usg " to 53333. ( For Chennai / tamilnadu customers ) to know the data usage. It works. *123*10# and *123*8# not working for me.

    When I checked my usage the reply sms was ....37975 KB off peak and 1748134 KB peak usage ...... So totally 1.744GB data used.

    But for my 1.75GB itself they have capped me to 512 Kbps connectivity. I will compensate their mistake, in some other way, if it is not settled shortly. No other option.

    That officer said that capping will be settled not before the end of March. He is very smart enough, not to disclose the reason. An excellent talented, knowledgeable and obliging officer, very rare to come in contact with. Because most of them will simply divert you ..... take diversion .... take diversion .... take diversion ...... take diversion...... Finally you will end at the first person who has diverted you.

  14. #74
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ramli7 View Post
    @amitk0703 Thanks for calling me Machi . @ ulysses also to note.

    Making consumer court people to understand our problem will be another head ache. Instead of that, we can collide with this Vegetable vendors itself for our issues.

    Today, I have spent more than an hour with Mandhaveli official regarding my capping to 512Kbps and data account checking. He said he will forward my mail to concerned authorities for further action.

    Today he has replied to my long pending question, that they have recently received clarification from higher authorities to allow the existing unlimited customers to have unlimited usage up to six months from the date of our entering to the unlimited plan ( and not from the change of tariff to limited usage i.e 18th / 25th Feb ).

    As he has promised, called me in the evening and informed me to send sms " usg " to 53333. ( For Chennai / tamilnadu customers ) to know the data usage. It works. *123*10# and *123*8# not working for me.

    When I checked my usage the reply sms was ....37975 KB off peak and 1748134 KB peak usage ...... So totally 1.744GB data used.

    But for my 1.75GB itself they have capped me to 512 Kbps connectivity. I will compensate their mistake, in some other way, if it is not settled shortly. No other option.

    That officer said that capping will be settled not before the end of March. He is very smart enough, not to disclose the reason. An excellent talented, knowledgeable and obliging officer, very rare to come in contact with. Because most of them will simply divert you ..... take diversion .... take diversion .... take diversion ...... take diversion...... Finally you will end at the first person who has diverted you.
    Thanks for the reply....I also visited CAO, BSNL Mobile services HQ in Bangalore yesterday. I got in touch with the JTU there who after doing lot of research informed me that the issue is with the billing department and as I have used the internet connection more than the new limit they have capped my speed.
    As I am an existing customer I should get the normal speed but the new scheme have screwed up all the connection. They will restore all the existing services till first week of April 2011.
    And the amazing thing is the software which calculates the interim bill is still up and running, I received an interim bill of 45K...yesterday I checked it again at the BSNL office it has gone upto 87K....crazie!!!!!

  15. #75
    Silver Member
    ramli7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    347

    Default

    You are becoming richer and richer

  16. #76
    Platinum Member
    mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    i cannot understand why do bsnl guys screw all the existing customers when some new plans have arrived... is this some game?? or a private plot to irritate customers??
    job takes the child away.

  17. #77
    The Wizard
    meetdilip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,778

    Default

    I don't think that this is planned. If BSNL has personnel who think so advance, all other companies would have shut down by now. They are just responding to the issue in case by case manner. Hence make other issue while trying to solve one. Hence goes the chain.

  18. #78
    Platinum Member
    mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meetdilip View Post
    I don't think that this is planned. If BSNL has personnel who think so advance, all other companies would have shut down by now. They are just responding to the issue in case by case manner. Hence make other issue while trying to solve one. Hence goes the chain.
    Yes, you are right..

    thats just about my habit of making a scene out of everything.. how bsnl and people at my bank work, i can see very closely
    job takes the child away.

  19. #79
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Hi,

    I enrolled for 4200 unlimited on December end and i used to get good speed(3.1mbps) .Two weeks back i got a bill of 12000 with my plan stated as 1359.went to bsnl and gave a complaint and they said there is some problem and they are looking through it.My bad luck i had to replace my umg1831 with a new one after two weeks and i tried the net yesterday and this is what i get :
    Now in mdma my downlink:512.00
    uplink:256

  20. #80
    Silver Member
    ramli7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vyshas View Post
    Hi,

    I enrolled for 4200 unlimited on December end and i used to get good speed(3.1mbps) .Two weeks back i got a bill of 12000 with my plan stated as 1359.went to bsnl and gave a complaint and they said there is some problem and they are looking through it.My bad luck i had to replace my umg1831 with a new one after two weeks and i tried the net yesterday and this is what i get :
    Now in mdma my downlink:512.00
    uplink:256
    It is nothing to do with UMG 1831 replacement. It is the tsunami from BSNL side . Read my post # 74, in previous page.

  21. #81
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    So is this how its going to be for till the time period of our plan finishes....Hmm i think i need to get a lawyer now..

  22. #82
    Silver Member
    sumanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vyshas View Post
    So is this how its going to be for till the time period of our plan finishes....Hmm i think i need to get a lawyer now..
    To be honest, that is the last resort. But are you willing to go thru the hassles against that good-for-nothing BSNL ?

    And once you go the court, the possible ways BSNL can dodge us is :
    1. "We said speeds UPTO 3.6Mbps"
    Our reply can possible be : True. But if you are gonna cap it in the profiles its never gonna go beyond 1Mbps.

    2. I'm quite certain it'll be in one of their general rule book "Any plan can be withdrawn or changed without prior intimation to the consumer".

    So going legal would probably won't be fruitful.

    Did you fill out that Public Grievance form from the link I posted in another thread ?

  23. #83
    Silver Member
    ramli7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vyshas View Post
    So is this how its going to be for till the time period of our plan finishes....Hmm i think i need to get a lawyer now..
    I am sending mail to Accounts officer to revise my bill at 2G rates, for next month bill.

    As I have already mailed to them, why should I pay 1359 for 512Kbps / wireless / limited plan, when 512Kbps / wired / unlimited plan is available for 750 rs only.

    Quote Originally Posted by sumanth View Post
    To be honest, that is the last resort. But are you willing to go thru the hassles against that good-for-nothing BSNL ?

    And once you go the court, the possible ways BSNL can dodge us is :
    1. "We said speeds UPTO 3.6Mbps"
    Our reply can possible be : True. But if you are gonna cap it in the profiles its never gonna go beyond 1Mbps.

    2. I'm quite certain it'll be in one of their general rule book "Any plan can be withdrawn or changed without prior intimation to the consumer".

    So going legal would probably won't be fruitful.

    Did you fill out that Public Grievance form from the link I posted in another thread ?
    Yes any plan can be withdrawn, but for the existing customers only after 6 months of opening of old account. Yesterday BSNL official themselves replied to my petition.

    Similarly any plan can be changed, but not after looting our money for another service. Yes, subscribing for 3G and capping / assigning with 2G may not be acceptable.
    Last edited by ramli7; 24th March 2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  24. #84
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Yes any plan can be withdrawn, but for the existing customers only after 6 months of opening of old account. Yesterday BSNL official themselves replied to my petition.

    Similarly any plan can be changed, but not after looting our money for another service. Yes, subscribing for 3G and capping / assigning with 2G may not be acceptable.
    @Ramli: Glad to see this attitude. Can a signature campaign help? Meaning, all affected members in this forum get together to tackle this issue by sending a complaint to BSNL ?

  25. #85
    Silver Member
    sumanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rvishu View Post
    @Ramli: Glad to see this attitude. Can a signature campaign help? Meaning, all affected members in this forum get together to tackle this issue by sending a complaint to BSNL ?
    Have you tried that Public Grievance form link ? That I think would be more relevant than a mere signature campaign.

    More users filling you that complaint form means more attention to the problem and hopefully it can be solved.

  26. #86
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Have you tried that Public Grievance form link ? That I think would be more relevant than a mere signature campaign.

    More users filling you that complaint form means more attention to the problem and hopefully it can be solved.
    @Sumanth: Thanks for the response.
    Yes, have already filled in the form at the Public Grievance Cell. If I remember right, the link was provided by you (?). Thank you for posting the link.
    PS: Just checked, pls see Post #42 & Post #73 in this thread.

  27. #87
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Hello Friends,

    Just a thought that came though my mind. Few months back there were lots of discussion on getting a 21.1mbps card for this BSNL service instead of 7.2 mbps card and now we are struggling to get even 3.6mbps speed.

    So its very sad, that people have spend money hoping to get better service from BSNL.

  28. #88
    Silver Member
    ramli7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rajkumard73 View Post
    Hello Friends,

    Just a thought that came though my mind. Few months back there were lots of discussion on getting a 21.1mbps card for this BSNL service instead of 7.2 mbps card and now we are struggling to get even 3.6mbps speed.

    So its very sad, that people have spend money hoping to get better service from BSNL.
    21.1 Mbps card is one time investment and the difference is not much when compared to the cumulative amount we are spending for these monthly plans.

    Moreover higher capacity cards will handle data traffic with less strain than the low end cards. There are other service providers for 21.1 Mbps.

  29. #89
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9

    Smile Good News For a Change !!!

    Have you guys checked your Negotiated QOS speed on MDMA? I had frequent disconnections yesterday and since today morning I just wasn't able to connect. Finally I was able to connect some 20 minutes back and now I see my Negotiated QOS speed for downlink has gone up from 512 kbps to 6 mbps . Actual speed is still below 1 mbps.

    A pleasant surprise for a change from BSNL . I am on the 4200 postpaid plan. Not sure how long this honeymoon would last though...

  30. #90
    Silver Member
    mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default bsnl doing no one can understand...

    here is the screenshot of MDMA for my bsnl 2G sim with 98 recharge.
    see my upload link is greater than download link.

    Last edited by mickeyandaamir; 2nd April 2011 at 11:55 AM.

  31. #91
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    hmm for me from today its changed to 6 mbps and downlink is 1984 so its ok hope they dnt mess it up now....

  32. #92
    Silver Member
    ramli7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Since I was using my ipad sim from today morning, I have not checked 3G postpaid unlimited plan sim. Now I have checked it. The capping has been removed and returned to previous 3.6Mbps profile assigned.

    Pl refer above my post # 74. One officer at Chennai has said.......

    ...........That officer said that capping will be settled not before the end of March. He is very smart enough, not to disclose the reason..........

    Now what had he said, has become true.

    Before 31st March my ipad sim................ 3.6Mbps. Now also 3.6Mbps.
    Before 31st March my prepaid sim ........... 7.2Mbps. Now also 7.2Mbps.
    Before 31st March my postpaid (UL) sim.... 512Kbps. Now 3.6Mbps






    Actually I was fighting with my Accounts Officer to charge me with 2G tariffs for my capped 512Kbps or to restore my 3G connectivity.

    Hi, Sumanth, Ulysses ATHUL4R... What about yours ?

  33. #93
    Silver Member
    mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default

    thats great but what happened to my sim's speed profile..???
    its just the reverse order of what it has to be......... down link is lesser than the uplink. but in actual it should be just opposite to what it is now.

  34. #94
    The Wizard
    meetdilip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,778

    Default

    Congrats all

  35. #95
    Silver Member
    ramli7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandaamir View Post
    thats great but what happened to my sim's speed profile..???
    its just the reverse order of what it has to be......... down link is lesser than the uplink. but in actual it should be just opposite to what it is now.
    Still you are the ruler. For 2g you get so much - both down and up link. Compare with my 3 Sims 3G connections.

  36. #96
    Silver Member
    mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ramli7 View Post
    Still you are the ruler. For 2g you get so much - both down and up link. Compare with my 3 Sims 3G connections.
    not really buddy. browsing is pathetic. (start of page loading is delayed, page loading starts after 6 sec approx after clicking on link)
    download speed also doesnt cross 100KB/s on IDM at any point of time.

  37. #97
    Silver Member
    ramli7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandaamir View Post
    not really buddy. browsing is pathetic. (start of page loading is delayed, page loading starts after 6 sec approx after clicking on link)
    download speed also doesnt cross 100KB/s on IDM at any point of time.
    Yes I agree with you. Now I have seen the signal strength in your MDMA. It's only -95dBm. That's very weak signal.

    The problem lies there.

  38. #98
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    52

    Default Pleasant Surprise

    Amazed. Interior of Tamil Nadu, earlier I would be put on 'Roaming' & speed would be 236 Kb on EDGE Mode. Just now noticed that I can connect on 3G Mode (2Mb Dl & 1 Mb Ul). Hope it stays that way Check MDMA screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images

  39. #99
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    52

    Default Pleasant Surprise

    Sorry about the multiple posts. Something went wrong with the connection & could not 'submit' so hit 'submit' a couple of times.
    Last edited by rvishu; 2nd April 2011 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Multiple posts

  40. #100
    Silver Member
    ulysses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    328

    Cool Crying baby gets milk ?

    Iam still capped at 1 Mbps only.
    Right now Iam using at Hyderabad as roaming is free in BSNL. last 2-3 days I was using Vodaphone 3G (@4.5 mbps) in both phone + data card.
    Looks like I need to go back to Greams road office after I come back to Chennai,where I got my BSNL pre paid sim to see whether thhis capping can be removed!


    Iam wondering BSNL policy on expiry of un limited 3 G plans to 6 months (& implementation of 15GB limit) remains the same.
    Last edited by ulysses; 2nd April 2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  41. #101
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ramli7 View Post
    Since I was using my ipad sim from today morning, I have not checked 3G postpaid unlimited plan sim. Now I have checked it. The capping has been removed and returned to previous 3.6Mbps profile assigned.

    Pl refer above my post # 74. One officer at Chennai has said.......

    ...........That officer said that capping will be settled not before the end of March. He is very smart enough, not to disclose the reason..........

    Now what had he said, has become true.

    Before 31st March my ipad sim................ 3.6Mbps. Now also 3.6Mbps.
    Before 31st March my prepaid sim ........... 7.2Mbps. Now also 7.2Mbps.
    Before 31st March my postpaid (UL) sim.... 512Kbps. Now 3.6Mbps






    Actually I was fighting with my Accounts Officer to charge me with 2G tariffs for my capped 512Kbps or to restore my 3G connectivity.

    Hi, Sumanth, Ulysses ATHUL4R... What about yours ?

    Still 1 Mbps no update here in HYD


  42. #102
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    52

    Default Browsing is pathetic

    In my previous post I said that now can connect in 3G mode (though in a roaming location) & 2 Mbps Dl, 1 Mbps Ul. Now I realize that I spoke too soon. Finding it almost impossible to browse & have'nt even attempted downloading.
    Check:
    Almost unusable.
    MDMA even now shows 2Mbps Dl & 1 Mbps Ul
    Last edited by rvishu; 3rd April 2011 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Correction

  43. #103
    Silver Member
    ramli7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rvishu View Post
    In my previous post I said that now can connect in 3G mode (though in a roaming location) & 2 Mbps Dl, 1 Mbps Ul. Now I realize that I spoke too soon. Finding it almost impossible to browse & have'nt even attempted downloading.
    Check:
    Almost unusable.
    MDMA even now shows 2Mbps Dl & 1 Mbps Ul
    What is the signal strength in MDMA ?

  44. #104
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ramli7 View Post
    What is the signal strength in MDMA ?
    Switched back to EDGE (otherwise impossible to browse) at least after 5 to 6 refreshes the page loads.

    MDMA screenshot attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

  45. #105
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    for past few days download was at 4 mbps.now they have capped it again.Bloody....

  46. #106
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default Never got mbps above after capping

    Quote Originally Posted by vyshas View Post
    for past few days download was at 4 mbps.now they have capped it again.Bloody....
    Never got 1 mbps after being capped

  47. #107
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9

    Smile Negotiated QoS for Downlink continues to be 6 mbps

    My Negotiated QoS for Downlink continues to be 6 mbps since April 1st. Actual speed varied between 2 to 3 mbps. However looks like everyone does not have the same experience.
    Has BSNL put some kind of FUP in place. 15 GB maybe for people who are on the old 1359 UL package?

  48. #108
    Silver Member
    ulysses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    328

    Talking

    @rajit
    it looks like you are in old Rs 1359 U/L post paid plan, right?
    If that is right , you are the next member after @ramli (who are on Rs 1359 post paid) to confirm removal of speed cap@ 1 mbps.! ( from south region)

    We have to accept BSNL will treat post paid better than pre paid (who dont use their voice,sms and other services & use only cheap pre paid U/L 3 G data plan &will discard sim in to dust bin with in a nano second if some thing else comes up)
    All poor bottom fishing pre paid 3G U/L users have their 1 Mbps speed caps on !. Browsing is ok nowadays with occasional break downs.
    ( Just because pre paid wallah's want to sleep peacefully with out getting a surprise Rs 10-40k data usage bill in the mail !)
    Now that all private 3G operator guys are out with their co ordinated high prices- we can not push BSNL too much- they may even remove the "Un Limited" clause apart from speed cap.!
    So we have to let the "Un Limited @ whatever speed " plan to finish its logical course. ( Mine has 3 more months ! )

  49. #109
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9

    Smile 6 mbps downlink since april 1st

    Quote Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
    @rajit
    it looks like you are in old Rs 1359 U/L post paid plan, right?
    Yes, I am on the Rs 4200 advance rental post paid plan. I am left with 2 more months in the plan. What I don't know is if I can actually use UL data without getting billed for it. I typically use ~10 GB/month.

  50. #110
    Silver Member
    ramli7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    347

    Default

    @ulysses

    Two days back I have received a letter from General Manager (NW-O)CM, Chennai.

    Sub: Revision of Tariff - 2G/3G Data Plans - reg.

    We wish to inform you about the revision in unlimited Data Plan as follows:

    The unlimited 2G / 3G Data Plans stands withdrawn w.e.f 01.03.2011.

    The free usage is restricted to 6GB / 15GB in the case of 2G / 3G customers respectively. Usage beyond this is chargeable @ rs. 0.02 / 10KB.

    For customers under unlimited plan, for a period of more than six months from the date of enrollment, this order will be effective from 01.03.2011 onwards.

    For customers under unlimited plan for a period less than six months, the the date of effect of this order will be on completion of six months from the date of enrollment.

    For any further clarifications kindly contact the following officer.

    ACCOUNTS OFFICER [MR] [GSM] --> 2462 1184
    ACCOUNTS OFFICER [MR] [GSM] --> 2495 5906

    My cut off date is 17th April. Mostly I am thinking of closing this postpaid account and continuing with prepaid sim which is having 7.2Mbps connectivity.

    Or I will continue with my ipad sim ( 3.6Mbps ) after recharging with 999 plan ( for 15GB ) as long as, the horse runs.

  51. #111
    Silver Member
    ulysses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    328

    Wink

    @Ramli
    Thanks for the info.
    As Iam having the prevelige of "Un limited 3G @ whatever speed " till July 14th,
    I am not in the mood to confront BSNL on the speed cap (which the GM has conveniently omitted in the letter. They talk about down load limit only!)

    With the introduction of Voda prices today -we have prices of all four 3 G operators in Chennai. All co ordinated High prices. !!

    So unless after couple of months they feel the pinch of lukewarm resopnse from retail customers and cut prices, we are struck here price wise.

    I myself may take another new pre paid BSNL 3 G sim for chennai (for a fresh 7.2 mbps profile) and an I pad sim with my AP address so that I can experiment with rs 606 (1+5 GB) here or Rs 999(10/15 GB)-there.

    Since I have stopped using Voda 3G sim in data card since yesterday, BSNL working ok for looooong hours in Voda data card (max 500 mb use only in 8-9 hours running my Charting/trading app)+another max 100 mb in blogs/browsing.

    Voda 3G in Chennai @ average 3500 kbps speed -5 Gb @ 1252 or 3 gb rs 852 - I will consider in future if BSNL gets worse.
    2 Voda 3G sim's Gprs plans runs till April end (for smart phone use).

    I do have my tata photon (reasonable browsing with good signal both in my chennai/Hyd loaction ) but @ 0.5 to 0.7 mbps) with carry forward 5 Gb for emergencies.

  52. #112
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9

    Question 6 mbps downlink since april 1st

    Quote Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
    I am not in the mood to confront BSNL on the speed cap (which the GM has conveniently omitted in the letter. They talk about down load limit only!)
    Is there still a speed cap? I am still seeing a consistent 6mbps downlink since April 1. What is the speed for you ulysses? Does the cap have anything to do with the usage? How much data have you used since you took the plan?

  53. #113
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default Prepaid or psotpaid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rajit View Post
    Is there still a speed cap? I am still seeing a consistent 6mbps downlink since April 1. What is the speed for you ulysses? Does the cap have anything to do with the usage? How much data have you used since you took the plan?
    R u on prepaid plan or postpaid ? i m still on 1mbps Cap

  54. #114
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Hi,
    I am living in Pune and noticed you mentioned " postpaid unlimited plan sim. "

    Is bsnl giving unlimited data plans ? If so can you provide the link pls. I can only find 30gb as the max.

    Regards
    Vishal

  55. #115
    Guardian Angel
    just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vishalk View Post
    Hi,
    I am living in Pune and noticed you mentioned " postpaid unlimited plan sim. "

    Is bsnl giving unlimited data plans ? If so can you provide the link pls. I can only find 30gb as the max.

    Regards
    Vishal
    The introductory unlimited offer (Rs. 4,200 for six months) is now withdrawn.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  56. #116
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default Usage cap is 10 GB for people on promotional UL plan

    Quote Originally Posted by terminatorr5 View Post
    R u on prepaid plan or postpaid ? i m still on 1mbps Cap
    I am on a postpaid plan. My post paid advance rental of Rs 4200 for 6 months is valid till June 7th. I think BSNL has put a cap of 10 GB on my usage while I am still on the UL plan. Towards the end of April soon after I crossed 10 GB, my downlink speed reduced to a 512 kbps, however the speed came back 6 mbps on May 1st.

    For the prepaid users who are still on the promotional UL plan, BSNL seems to have capped the speed at 1 mbps. Not sure if 1 mbps gets further reduced to 512 kbps after they cross 10 GB.

  57. #117
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I get 2 MBps speed on average while browsing. I am on BSNL prepaid 6 month plan, mine will also expire in june

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 13th January 2013, 01:35 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 15th May 2012, 05:55 AM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 22nd March 2011, 03:52 PM
  4. Please help me guys! Speed limited to 1MBPS
    By adi420 in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 24th July 2009, 10:37 AM
  5. Tata 1mbps speed...
    By salaxzar in forum Tata Indicom broadband
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25th December 2007, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

Log in

Log in
BSNL Broadband Forum Airtel Broadband Forum Reliance Broadband Forum Tikona Broadband Forum MTNL Broadband Forum Tata Broadband Forum
BSNL 3G Forum MTNL 3G Forum Idea 3G Forum Airtel 3G Forum Reliance 3G Forum Vodafone 3G Forum
Airtel Mobile Forum Reliance Mobile Forum BSNL Mobile Forum Idea Mobile Forum Vodafone Mobile Forum Aircel Mobile Forum
Tata Sky Forum Dish TV Forum Reliance DTH Forum Videocon DTH Forum Airtel DTH Forum SUN DTH Forum