1. #1
    Junior Member
    new_hckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default How to use BSNL 3G sim with USB Modem

    Well, here is the problem..

    I have a MTS MBlaze USB Modem, it has slot where we can insert a SIM, now can any of you tell me how to use this?

    I tried it before, using dial up settings, but it didn't work.
    It says authentication failed, sometimes 'incorrect username or password', so I gave MTS's username and password, it got me connected, but I was unable to surf or use internet, I think that just logged me into the MTS connection.

    Please help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    sureshraj_mali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Hi,

    Do you see BSNL network once you plug in the SIM into you MTS device?

    I far as I know. MTS works on CDMA technology and BSNL on GSM, so I am wondering how would it be possible to use BSNL with MTS data card.

    Apart from the above. All data cards are locked by service providers, so in case you have change the service provider and use the same data card, data card needs to be unlocked.

    Let me know your progress with this experiment.

    Regards

    Suresh
    I am here

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    pinkypainter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default

    normally it will blink if there is connection and then you can connect accordingly. Is the device blink when you plugin?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    new_hckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sureshraj_mali View Post
    Hi,

    Do you see BSNL network once you plug in the SIM into you MTS device?

    I far as I know. MTS works on CDMA technology and BSNL on GSM, so I am wondering how would it be possible to use BSNL with MTS data card.

    Apart from the above. All data cards are locked by service providers, so in case you have change the service provider and use the same data card, data card needs to be unlocked.

    Let me know your progress with this experiment.

    Regards

    Suresh
    Well I don't have any idea about GSM and CDMA, I just thought it would work.
    No, nothing pops up like BSNL network.

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkypainter View Post
    normally it will blink if there is connection and then you can connect accordingly. Is the device blink when you plugin?
    Yes, the device does blinks, but I think that is because of the MTS Network. BSNL I don't think have any hand over it.
    Last edited by new_hckr; 20th May 2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #5
    Silver Member
    mickeyandaamir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    340

    Default

    then you should search on google and get some idea regarding CDMA and GSM as both are different technologies al together and they have specific devices based on their respective technology.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    new_hckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandaamir View Post
    then you should search on google and get some idea regarding CDMA and GSM as both are different technologies al together and they have specific devices based on their respective technology.
    Ok, thanks, will definitely check it out.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 8th November 2012, 06:40 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 1st February 2012, 12:10 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24th December 2011, 11:41 AM
  4. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 15th December 2011, 10:20 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12th August 2011, 09:10 PM

Posting Permissions

Log in

Log in