- 20th May 2011 #1
How to use BSNL 3G sim with USB Modem
Well, here is the problem..
I have a MTS MBlaze USB Modem, it has slot where we can insert a SIM, now can any of you tell me how to use this?
I tried it before, using dial up settings, but it didn't work.
It says authentication failed, sometimes 'incorrect username or password', so I gave MTS's username and password, it got me connected, but I was unable to surf or use internet, I think that just logged me into the MTS connection.
- 20th May 2011 #2
Do you see BSNL network once you plug in the SIM into you MTS device?
I far as I know. MTS works on CDMA technology and BSNL on GSM, so I am wondering how would it be possible to use BSNL with MTS data card.
Apart from the above. All data cards are locked by service providers, so in case you have change the service provider and use the same data card, data card needs to be unlocked.
Let me know your progress with this experiment.
I am here
- 20th May 2011 #3
normally it will blink if there is connection and then you can connect accordingly. Is the device blink when you plugin?
- 20th May 2011 #4
No, nothing pops up like BSNL network.
Last edited by new_hckr; 20th May 2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
- 21st May 2011 #5
then you should search on google and get some idea regarding CDMA and GSM as both are different technologies al together and they have specific devices based on their respective technology.
- 21st May 2011 #6
- By avi454 in forum Broadband How toReplies: 1Last Post: 8th November 2012, 06:40 PM
- By arjunadhi in forum BSNL broadbandReplies: 6Last Post: 1st February 2012, 12:10 PM
- By rshrikant786 in forum Airtel BroadbandReplies: 4Last Post: 24th December 2011, 11:41 AM
- By pujitjuneja in forum BSNL broadbandReplies: 35Last Post: 15th December 2011, 10:20 PM
- By Compwarrior in forum BSNL broadbandReplies: 5Last Post: 12th August 2011, 09:10 PM