Thread: Changing Plan for BSNL broadband
- 2nd March 2009 #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
Changing Plan for BSNL broadband
I am working in Pune and using Reliance Broadband at home in Pune. My home town is in kerala and using BSNL Broadband therr.
* To change plan for my reliance broadband in Pune, I had to pick up my phone, call the customer service and request to have it changed.
Total money spent: Rs 5 for mobile call.
Total time spent: 5 minutes.
* Now how did I change the plan for my BSNL connection in my home at kerala.
- Called up BSNL customer service. An *unprofessional* person took the call. I spoke with him and requested him that I need the plan changed. He requested me to go to the nearest customer service centre and give the request in writing.
- The nearest customer service office for BSNL was 12 KM away from my home. I went there on my bike and submitted this request. I got surprised when they told me "This request can't be processed from here. For this you have to go to our Centre office at Shornur (which is 40 KM away from my home). I asked them whether I can drop the request here and you can forward it there". The unprofessional person who is professionally clad told me "No, you have to go there."
- I am a muslim and was fasting that day for Ramzan. Since I was very tired, I returned home.
- The other day I went to BSNL office in Shornur (40KM away from my home). Submitted the request and finally got the plan changed in a couple of days.
Total Resources spent to change the plan:
Time: 6 hours from one of my beautiful day.
Money: INR 120 for petrol
And the pain of driving 80 kms in a day through the kerala roads.
- 2nd March 2009 #2rupu1983Guest
- 2nd March 2009 #3
This experience is strange. I just visited my local exchange and submitted an application in writing. Yes. They will not accept plan changes over the phone and rightly so.
- 2nd March 2009 #4rupu1983Guest
Kix really you are lucky my local exchange Belur Math they never except any BB application or plan change application as i said as they never forward it even others local exchange also did the same thing they said they don't have such section so when ever i make application for new connection of phone or BB application or cellone all application I have submitted in Howrah zonal head office.
- 2nd March 2009 #5
That is pathetic service indeed. They are legally bound to accept all BB forms, complaints, applications, etc. at the local exchange. They are refusing to do this because no one can question them.
- 2nd March 2009 #6
- Join Date
- Dec 2008
I live in Kalyan west, I applied for change of plan in the local exchange and the same was accepted, the plan got changed as per the date of plan change (1/2/09) specified in the acknowledgment. So each exchange behave differently and there is no uniformity.
- 2nd March 2009 #7
BSNL wants written request because They need a document. Suppose any one can call BSNL and tell them to change any ones' plan. I myself live in a very small town. I know every BSNL employee in my locality (from top official to grade 4) and also they know me well (This is because our town is very small). When I need to change my plan, I just call the BB Incharge in my locality and it works but one day I call him tell him to change my friends BB plan (As My friend request me to give his application to BSNL office). The BB incharge refuse to do that. He then told me to give application, as he need document for any type of further clarification.
So I can say that, they do not want to give extra pain but they have to maintain record for future clarification.
- 2nd March 2009 #8
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
Your arguments are well deserved for 19th century, but not for the 21st century, unfortunately. I hold an SBI credit card which is a govt entity, I have never gone to any state bank and given anything in writing to get anything done. Eg, convert my transactions to EMI. I just had to pick up my phone and do that? How did they confirm that it's exactly the right customer is requesting? If you don't know that is through some verification of my card details and personal details. This is what Reliance and other private entities are doing for verification and why can't BSNL do this? It's simply because they have not grown up to that extent.
BSNL has a log in portal and why they can't accept requests online through that portal. It's simply because they have not yet grown up to that extent? Please don't say online requests are not documents. It is because even banks and Paypal do transactions of crores of rupees online without any written documents. It's quite disappointing to hear from a professional that you have to drive 40 KM to change ur plan.
- 3rd March 2009 #9
Whether it is 19th Century or 21st Century, clarification is required. You can do your work through SBI etc etc over phone as you have the Credit card number and other details and that is very much personal (Generally not shared amongst friends). But regarding BB , the password, portalid, user id and phone No. can know anybody from your friend circle As we generally give access to our friend to do their work using our own BB. (Though it is also verymuch personal). So authentication is required. And regarding Portal use, the facility is not yet implemented.
Yes that is also right that, to change a BB plan you should not ride motorcycle to such a extent. The only way left to solve this issue is write to the Chief of your telecom circle descriving the problem you are facing. I think that will serve the purpose.
As for instance, The BB facility was not available to my place. We reach our ocal authority for making BB available but he said that he could not do that. Then we fight for that and within a year the facility is available.
- 3rd March 2009 #10
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
This is what reliance and airtel does for plan change:
- Customer calls their customer service.
- They verifies his personal details, account number, billing number and etc.
- If these are verified to be correct, they creates a service request and forwards that to the other department to change the plan.
- The person who handles the request from other department calls the customer on the contact number on record and re-confirms that he himself put the request to change the plan.
- After this the plan gets changed.
If these steps are followed, how can my friend change my plan without my knowledge? Honestly, BSNL need to study a lot from others.
- By poonam in forum BSNL broadbandReplies: 6Last Post: 5th December 2010, 02:51 PM
- By scorpio in forum BSNL broadbandReplies: 10Last Post: 1st September 2010, 07:46 PM
- By nargisform in forum BSNL broadbandReplies: 13Last Post: 6th August 2010, 09:42 PM
- By ravipawar1 in forum BSNL broadbandReplies: 1Last Post: 12th May 2010, 10:44 AM
- By adarshakb in forum BSNL broadbandReplies: 6Last Post: 13th August 2009, 08:01 AM