1. #1
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default Broadband disconnection

    Hy guys iam leaving my state this month for my further studies and i would return back for vacations for a month or so after each year.i would like to know how to disconnect my broadband connection and how to reconnect during my vacation. please tell me the full procedure iam in a great confusion now...

    Thanks in advance friends

  2. #2
    meetdilip
    Guest

    Default

    To surrender your connection, you need to submit an application with your local exchange. It won't be easy to retain the connection after 1 year for a month. It will be better to change to Home 125 or Home 250.

  3. #3
    LEARNER

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,270

    Default

    @jsrrk
    Contact CC in Exchange in person.
    You can give an application well in advance to disconnect
    your broadband connection for a particular month.
    Get a receipt in your copy of your application.

    Now the charges for Safe custody of Telephone is also reduced.
    The facility will not be available for part of a month.
    No need to disconnect Telephone or BB connection.
    Modem rent if any has to be paid.

    Please Check "Safe custody" of Telephone at reduced charges,
    is available max for six months /one year .

    Or Phone will be used , but BB to be disconnected,
    as mentioned above, for long period may not be possible.
    In my friend's case when he went abroad his BB was deactivated
    for six months without any charges.
    ( Phone Safe custody charges were paid )

    Update0735 : A temporary connection for a month is possible.
    see
    http://www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm

  4. #4
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default

    regarding modem i bought it so no problem. and ha friends cannot i suspend da
    connection for a year or so and i am going to use it for a month each year.any suggestions please

    need more replies guys
    Last edited by jssrk; 26th June 2009 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #5
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default

    plz tell me to whom i should apply for a plan change

  6. #6
    meetdilip
    Guest

    Default

    A written request to the local exchange can do it for you. Also refer

    Precautions during BSNL Broadband Plan Change

  7. #7
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default

    yar a written request to the commisioner officer or to whom

  8. #8
    LEARNER

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jssrk View Post
    yar a written request to the commisioner officer or to whom
    Go to your Telephone Exchange and submit the
    application in duplicate and get a receipt in your copy.
    Application in plain paper. No form specified.
    Change of tariff normally effected on the first of the month.

    REF:Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

  9. #9
    meetdilip
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jssrk View Post
    yar a written request to the commisioner officer or to whom
    I think JTO.

  10. #10
    Guardian Angel
    just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,623

    Default

    I do not think that there is any procedure that allows temporary suspension of Broadband - landline: yes, broadband: I haven't heard of it.

    The safe custody of telephone was a facility of yesteryears. In those days, it was difficult to get a telephone connection - there was years of waiting list. Naturally people did not want to surrender a connection. Hence this scheme existed.

    For BB, I have not read of any such scheme. If you surrender the BB connection, it implies disconnection. It implies that when you return home during vacation, it will be a fresh connection and you will be charged connection/setup charges again. Also, you may not get the connection on day 1. And by the time BSNL activates the connection, you may have lost a good 15-20 days before connection is restored.

    If you are going out of state for studies, then I am assuming that the place where you live is your parent's house. You could keep minimal broadband alive for them and teach them on how to use it for emails, etc. so that they could stay in touch with you.

    You can switch to Home-125 or Home -250 connection to keep the connection alive.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  11. #11
    Platinum Member
    panchabhut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    In case u are staying with your parents, before disconecting or changing your plan, the one thing that you must give a thought is that for the one year that you would be away, you would need to communicate with your parents on a regular basis. And for that, a VOIP (incl. video also if u want) would be a much cheaper solution than the standard ISD. For that u need to have a working BB connection at your parents' place and with significant free usage and bandwidth.

  12. #12
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Finally applied for a plan chane to home 125..how to check whether my plan has been changed or not..

    I tried the site bbservice.bsnl.in

    N select my orders but there was nothing new...is the process correct what i was doing

    How long will it take to change to a new plan. and what the process going behind bsnl about this

  13. #13
    meetdilip
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jssrk View Post
    Finally applied for a plan chane to home 125..how to check whether my plan has been changed or not..

    I tried the site bbservice.bsnl.in

    N select my orders but there was nothing new...is the process correct what i was doing

    How long will it take to change to a new plan. and what the process going behind bsnl about this
    Either bbservice.bsnl.in or data.bsnl.in, check under " my orders ". Look for effective date and the word " Provisioned ". It has some hidden charges and a few traps. Please go through

    Precautions during BSNL Broadband Plan Change

  14. #14
    Guardian Angel
    just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,623

    Default

    Plan change happens on the 1st of every month. Since you applied just now, I am not sure when this will happen in your case.

    Keep checking in the portal and when the status shows "Provisioned", it means that change is effective.

    After switching to Home 125, be very careful about downloads and browsing as usage limit is very low. And change your modem setup to bridge mode.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  15. #15
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default

    friends please tell me i cannot see home 125 as provisioned till now neither i cannot see my july usage why is it so..

    friends i cannot neither see for provision for my home 125 from 500 plan till now...i applied it on 31st of june....i tried the site bbservice under my orders....why is it so...
    Last edited by jssrk; 4th July 2009 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  16. #16
    kirankumargb
    Guest

    Default

    It will not reflect so soon, it may take still a few days(if they said it will be done by first ). BSNL works always slow so just wait for few more ays then approach your exchange and ask them.

  17. #17
    meetdilip
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jssrk View Post
    friends please tell me i cannot see home 125 as provisioned till now neither i cannot see my july usage why is it so..

    friends i cannot neither see for provision for my home 125 from 500 plan till now...i applied it on 31st of june....i tried the site bbservice under my orders....why is it so...
    Check regularly. Make follow ups. It will take almost a week.

  18. #18
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default

    friends can i continue to download in my happy hours. then

  19. #19
    meetdilip
    Guest

    Default

    I think Yes. Check the portal regularly to avoid surprises.

  20. #20
    kirankumargb
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jssrk View Post
    friends can i continue to download in my happy hours. then
    its better you confirm it from exchange,
    as dilip said you may still be in old plan only and can download in happy hours but if they have changed then its problem, so better just call or visit your accounts officer and ask him if your plan is changed or not then go for download

    Precaution is better than cure

  21. #21
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Friends i went to the exchange and that bsnl guy told me my home 125 plan had been effective from 1st of july itself...but i could not see any change in the my orders neither in my usage no change remains itself in my home 500..when will it be provisioned ..or please do comment on this

  22. #22
    meetdilip
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jssrk View Post
    Friends i went to the exchange and that bsnl guy told me my home 125 plan had been effective from 1st of july itself...but i could not see any change in the my orders neither in my usage no change remains itself in my home 500..when will it be provisioned ..or please do comment on this
    Please post the screen shot/status of your " My orders " page.

  23. #23
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just4kix View Post
    I do not think that there is any procedure that allows temporary suspension of Broadband - landline: yes, broadband: I haven't heard of it.

    The safe custody of telephone was a facility of yesteryears. In those days, it was difficult to get a telephone connection - there was years of waiting list. Naturally people did not want to surrender a connection. Hence this scheme existed.

    For BB, I have not read of any such scheme. If you surrender the BB connection, it implies disconnection. It implies that when you return home during vacation, it will be a fresh connection and you will be charged connection/setup charges again. Also, you may not get the connection on day 1. And by the time BSNL activates the connection, you may have lost a good 15-20 days before connection is restored.

    If you are going out of state for studies, then I am assuming that the place where you live is your parent's house. You could keep minimal broadband alive for them and teach them on how to use it for emails, etc. so that they could stay in touch with you.

    You can switch to Home-125 or Home -250 connection to keep the connection alive.
    Actually, considering that its fairly easy to get a BB connection these days, with a choice of service providers and plans, would it be advisable to just surrender this particular connection and get a prepaid data card when required for each annual visit?

    I don't really know enough about how easy/difficult it is to get a prepaid card, hence my question.

  24. #24
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Order Type New
    Plan Name Home 500
    Order Status Provisioned


    its what it is showing now



    he told me its effective but i want to know something any difference between effective and provisioned

  25. #25
    meetdilip
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jssrk View Post
    Order Type New
    Plan Name Home 500
    Order Status Provisioned


    its what it is showing now



    he told me its effective but i want to know something any difference between effective and provisioned
    Please check the effective date under " My orders ". It seems plan is not changed. Against Home 125, there should be provisioned. In your case, it is against the Home 500 plan.

  26. #26
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default

    there is neither effective nor provision. not even home 125 is shown here


    Order Type New
    Plan Name Home 500
    Order Status Provisioned


    its what it is showing now

  27. #27
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default

    please see my todays usage from my attachment file

  28. #28
    meetdilip
    Guest

    Default

    Your NU is still active. Please blacken your personal details and post the " My orders " page.

  29. #29
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default

    My orders page shows the below only nothing else



    Order Type New
    Plan Name Home 500
    Order Status Provisioned

  30. #30
    meetdilip
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jssrk View Post
    My orders page shows the below only nothing else



    Order Type New
    Plan Name Home 500
    Order Status Provisioned
    Your plan change is yet to be scheduled. Talk to the Senior Divisional Engineer (SDE) and seek help.

  31. #31
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default

    suppose if iam still in home 500 plan then how MBs i ve to used till yesterday ..is it around 500Mb...i need to finish this right before they change the plan

  32. #32
    meetdilip
    Guest

    Default

    You will get 1/30 x 2.5 GB x No. of days till your plan is changed. NU will be free. After plan change, you will not get full 150 MB. It will be according to the broken period.

  33. #33
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default

    plan have not changed yet...these bsnl guys need their customers to do the job...so as to say poor customer care

  34. #34
    meetdilip
    Guest

    Default

    Is it " open " or " Future Date ". If not please check with the exchange where you gave the application. Once they pass it, it will appear as open.

Similar Threads

  1. Frequent Disconnection Of Broadband.
    By Chakra in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 19th December 2011, 03:30 PM
  2. frequent disconnection of broadband
    By rocky001 in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 15th March 2011, 09:37 PM
  3. frequent disconnection of broadband after 15 min
    By rajeshmamoria in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 4th March 2011, 11:51 AM
  4. Broadband disconnection
    By bimelds in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 6th April 2009, 08:20 PM
  5. Broadband Disconnection problem
    By ultrakilla in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 3rd August 2008, 11:55 AM

Posting Permissions

Log in

Log in
BSNL Broadband Forum Airtel Broadband Forum Reliance Broadband Forum Tikona Broadband Forum MTNL Broadband Forum Tata Broadband Forum
BSNL 3G Forum MTNL 3G Forum Idea 3G Forum Airtel 3G Forum Reliance 3G Forum Vodafone 3G Forum
Airtel Mobile Forum Reliance Mobile Forum BSNL Mobile Forum Idea Mobile Forum Vodafone Mobile Forum Aircel Mobile Forum
Tata Sky Forum Dish TV Forum Reliance DTH Forum Videocon DTH Forum Airtel DTH Forum SUN DTH Forum