Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9

    Question Windows 7 Connection Problem!

    I am using ADSL 2+ Dataone UTstarcom router UT300R2U on windows 7. Ever since i started using windows 7 it is getting disconnected once and no option for me but to restart the system. Now the entire connection icon gone in network sharing center. When i am trying to create new connection it is saying cant create!

    But for some different reasons i had to activate the hidden windows 7 administrator account in that net is working, but when i switch user to my original account (of course it is also admin account only we generally create when we install windows) the net icon is absent. I dont understand. I am using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit OS. But with Vista and XP on the same machine it is working flawless!

  2. #2
    LEARNER

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,272

    Default

    If you are using Dialer mode ( you enter userID and pw in computer window) switch over to
    PPP/PPPoE "always On " connection.
    uncheck "Bridged" and select PPP/PPPoE in WAN page of modem.
    Not familiar with windows 7, but will try to help.
    Try creating a new network. (LAN)
    REF: wait please....


    http://www.indiabroadband.net/contes...mpilation.html

  3. #3
    The Wizard
    meetdilip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Entanglement View Post
    I am using ADSL 2+ Dataone UTstarcom router UT300R2U on windows 7. Ever since i started using windows 7 it is getting disconnected once and no option for me but to restart the system. Now the entire connection icon gone in network sharing center. When i am trying to create new connection it is saying cant create!

    But for some different reasons i had to activate the hidden windows 7 administrator account in that net is working, but when i switch user to my original account (of course it is also admin account only we generally create when we install windows) the net icon is absent. I dont understand. I am using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit OS. But with Vista and XP on the same machine it is working flawless!
    Configure your modem in PPPoE mode. In that case, there is no need for dialler. Simply plug in the rj45 cable to the LAN port, Windows 7 will automatically detect net connection.

    Use this guide to configure in PPPoE

    UT-300R2U ADSL MODEM MULTIUSER CONFIGURATION

  4. #4
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Hi

    The problem is not related to modem or BSNL the problem is due bonjour dns if you have the software installed in your system uninstall it or else stop the service from the services of Windows 7

  5. #5
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jegavelan View Post
    Hi

    The problem is not related to modem or BSNL the problem is due bonjour dns if you have the software installed in your system uninstall it or else stop the service from the services of Windows 7
    You mean apple software bonjour? How to uninstall it?

  6. #6
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Hi

    Are you getting Unidentified Network or No Internet Access

  7. #7
    LEARNER

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,272

    Default

    But with Vista and XP on the same machine it is working flawless!
    Modem UT300R2U working OK .
    Ethernet card common to all O.S

    Please post ipconfig /all data with OS (a)Vista (b) XP and (c) Windows7.
    Last edited by essbebe; 18th May 2010 at 05:46 PM.

  8. #8
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by essbebe View Post
    Modem UT300R2U working OK .
    Ethernet card common to all O.S

    Please post ipconfig /all data with OS (a)Vista (b) XP and (c) Windows7.
    Unidentified Network

  9. #9
    LEARNER

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,272

    Default

    I think @jegavelan should respond as you have replied to his query.
    The input i needed not given by you.
    ( whether useful or worthless )

  10. #10
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by essbebe View Post
    I think @jegavelan should respond as you have replied to his query.
    The input i needed not given by you.
    ( whether useful or worthless )
    I switched back to vista and no way i can reinstall windows 7 to check ipconfig but thanks for your intime help!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 24th December 2012, 11:33 AM
  2. Windows 8 internet problem
    By Arvendu in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 3rd November 2012, 02:05 AM
  3. windows 7 PROBLEM with nero
    By harry143143143 in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 13th December 2010, 11:01 PM
  4. Problem While Shutting Down Windows XP
    By thedemon99 in forum Windows
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 22nd January 2010, 12:46 AM
  5. Problem with windows 7 beta..
    By mickey in forum Windows
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 6th October 2009, 11:49 PM

Posting Permissions

Log in

Log in