I currently own a UT Starcom 300R2U modem. I am planning to buy a D-Link DIR 600 Wireless Router, for setting up a wireless network to play Counter Strike with my buddies. I have a few questions.
1. How do I set up the router? Am I correct in thinking I should connect my telephone wire to my modem, my modem to my router, and then my router to my PC?
2. If I switch on WiFi on the router and let my friends connect to the network to play CS, will the game be actually be played locally or through the internet?
3. How do I set up only LAN-sharing, without internet? Is it easy to switch between LAN-only sharing and traditional internet sharing?
4. Is the DIR 600 good? Any reviews/suggestions would be really helpful.
5. Do I have to configure port forwarding or any such thing?