- 21st August 2012 #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
TL-WR740N router configuration for BSNL Wimax
I was wondering if anyone has been able to successfully connect TL-WR740N router to BSNL's wimax. I purchased the router after setting up BSNL wimax at home. I have tried the following without any success:
-- In the router configuration, set up the WAN connection type to PPoE and supplied the user-id/pwd (with dynamic ip option). It could get the ip from the wimax equipment, but could not connect to wimax server!
Is there any other way to do it? Could someone please share their experience setting up this router with BSNL wimax?
Thanks a lot.
- 21st August 2012 #2
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
what is that winmax? is it same as bsnl broadband and u've got user id & password which can be connected via Dial-up connection..!!
- 21st August 2012 #3
I dont know much about how Bsnl's wimax works but if it is anything like Tata's wimax or Reliance's wimax then you will need to enter the settings you have been provided by Bsnl into your router and you will need to login using the browser or the client if they have provided one but this auto dial thing wont work as far as I know.
There is another issue that some times your modem would take a long time before it gets an IP assigned if its dynamic so give it some time.
- By nspcp in forum Modems and RoutersReplies: 4Last Post: 1st November 2012, 08:59 PM
- By sattirajuk in forum Tata Indicom broadbandReplies: 0Last Post: 26th September 2010, 04:00 PM
- By bala-linux in forum Tata Indicom broadbandReplies: 27Last Post: 28th October 2009, 05:35 PM
- By ayankm in forum BSNL broadbandReplies: 3Last Post: 5th July 2009, 07:41 AM
- By just4kix in forum Broadband How toReplies: 1Last Post: 20th September 2008, 01:21 PM