Results 1 to 21 of 21

Immediate Help on corrupted Hard disk...

  1. #1
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    423

    Exclamation Immediate Help on corrupted Hard disk...

    I have two hard disks..i have installes xp in primnary disk and using the other as a secondary (no OS). So i jus wanted to install OS in my secondary m/c.so i connected that disk as a primary and started to install xp.. but in the beginning itself it asked to format the disk so i jus quitd it and decided not to install OS on my secondary drive.. so again i conneccted my primary and secondary disk and logged in through my primary disk OS.

    Now here is the problem.. i cant access my secondary disk.. i had 4 partition in it.. but its showing only one disk.. when i tried to click on the drive. its asking to format.. i have important contents in that disk..

    When i check with my frds,they said.. the secondary disk would have lost its partiton table or boot records.. Now how can i retrieve my data.. its very important for me frds.. plzz help..

    p.s: i posted in "Computer hardware and software tips and tricks " forum... but no response.. thats y im posting here... help me frds...

  2. #2
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,500

    Default

    You can try this : Data Recovery Software to Undelete; File recovery; Disk recovery; Recover Deleted Files

    If the data you have in your hard disk is of much financial importance then you can try sending to one of the data recovery firms.. there is one in UK I know of and they did and excelent job with an external hard drive I sent to them which was broken and they managed to get more then 90% of it for me.. It cost me about Rs 40000 two years back.
    There are a few in USA who are a bit cheaper then the UK guys.

  3. #3
    Junior Member rock_daring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    82

    Lightbulb

    I don't know if this is useful t oyou or not but,

    Fat32 partitions are unable to access NTFS Partitions. but opposite is possible.

  4. #4
    Platinum Member player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    hello aruncse30
    if you are using ATA hard drive interface then DO NOT connect both the hard drives through the same cable and if you will sometimes the results are bad like the partitions are lost (this case has happened to me also in the early days) or the data is lost etc.

    check your hard drive by connecting as a secondary hard disk in you friend's computer then see if you are able to browse the contents(i suppose that you have changed the jumper settings of the hard disk)

    alternatively you can install drive rescue and recover you files easily but i am not sure that the drive rescue will restore your files successfully or not,as you have said that you havn't formatted the hard disk so the data is safe ,the data any how cannot be deleted or lost unless the drive is formatted or the disk platters are crashed in case of damage to the hard disk.

    second alternative:buy an external hard drive case ,so your hard disk will become external and you will be able to connect your hard disk through a USB cable, then you can see that whether the problem is solved or not

    thanks

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    You can try this : Data Recovery Software to Undelete; File recovery; Disk recovery; Recover Deleted Files

    If the data you have in your hard disk is of much financial importance then you can try sending to one of the data recovery firms.. there is one in UK I know of and they did and excelent job with an external hard drive I sent to them which was broken and they managed to get more then 90% of it for me.. It cost me about Rs 40000 two years back.
    There are a few in USA who are a bit cheaper then the UK guys.
    lol... he lives in India and he won;t be sending his hdd to UK or USA to get his data recovered.


    If you live in Dehli then go to some good comptuer store and ask them ... they would let tell you some good data recover firm ...

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    16

    Default Download GET DATA BACK

    Download GET DATA BACK it is a small application u can recover both FAT and NTFS partitions
    Don't go the way life takes you, Go the way the way you go

  7. #7
    Platinum Member whitestar_999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,276

    Default

    also you don't have to go to USA.in our country there is STELLAR software which provides recovery services as well as software.

    Hard Drive Data Recovery Software Tools, Disk Recovery Utilities -Stellar

    The company offers express Data Recovery Services through well-equipped Data Recovery labs in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Noida, Pune and Vashi.

    though i don't think you are going to need professional help if you have only lost the mbr & partition table info.

    here is a free software---
    CONVAR & PCinspector Data Recovery Datenrettung recupero dati datarecovery récupération données

  8. #8
    Gold Member Logik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Recover My File is the best software..........go for it....i tried it many times. one IMP thing don't save anything on the second HDD b4 doing recovery.
    BSNL Stands 4 : Bhai Sahab Nahi Lagega:D

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logik View Post
    Recover My File is the best software..........go for it....i tried it many times. one IMP thing don't save anything on the second HDD b4 doing recovery.
    what do you mean by dont have anything on the second hard disk?
    if i want to recover data from one hard disk then would i have to have another empty hard disk to recover the data from the first disk.

  10. #10
    Platinum Member whitestar_999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,276

    Default

    what he meant is do not save anything on the disc from which you want to recover data as that will overwrite the existing data on the corrupted hard disc.standard practice for recovery is that you should install the recovery software on another hard disc & then use it to analyze the corrupted hard disc connected as secondary/slave & recover data on first/working/primary hard disc.

    recover my files is really good but to use it to recover your data you have to buy the full version.did you try the free software link i posted in my post?it should be able to help you.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitestar_999 View Post
    what he meant is do not save anything on the disc from which you want to recover data as that will overwrite the existing data on the corrupted hard disc.standard practice for recovery is that you should install the recovery software on another hard disc & then use it to analyze the corrupted hard disc connected as secondary/slave & recover data on first/working/primary hard disc.

    recover my files is really good but to use it to recover your data you have to buy the full version.did you try the free software link i posted in my post?it should be able to help you.
    Okay. thanx for explaining this as i was confused with his post..

  12. #12
    Gold Member Logik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    723

    Default

    i dont think freewares are that handy with the recovery thing
    BSNL Stands 4 : Bhai Sahab Nahi Lagega:D

  13. #13
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    423

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by whitestar_999 View Post
    what he meant is do not save anything on the disc from which you want to recover data as that will overwrite the existing data on the corrupted hard disc.standard practice for recovery is that you should install the recovery software on another hard disc & then use it to analyze the corrupted hard disc connected as secondary/slave & recover data on first/working/primary hard disc.

    recover my files is really good but to use it to recover your data you have to buy the full version.did you try the free software link i posted in my post?it should be able to help you.
    hi Whitestart...
    two days back only i got home500. but yesterday i couldnt connect it.. the internet and DSL indicator were continuouly blinking off. after some time my bsnl ph was also disconnnected. its saying out of service. Now im really worried. my hard disk got corrupted.. cannot download recovery software.. net down.. phone gone.. i dont know wats happening to me.

  14. #14
    Platinum Member whitestar_999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,276

    Default

    use net at some friend's place or workplace/university/cyber cafe to download the free software whose link i posted in my previous post & see if it can help.if not then post again with all details.

    i dont think freewares are that handy with the recovery thing
    this isn't any freeware.it was published in DIGIT magazine jan'08 issue where it was discussed in full 2 pages along with detailed instructions on how to recover data from a corrupted disc.i think this is enough to atleast give it a shot.though i personally haven't tried it.also recover my files is very good for recovery in case of shift+delete or entire partition/disc format but aruncse's problem is not that serious.

  15. #15
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitestar_999 View Post
    use net at some friend's place or workplace/university/cyber cafe to download the free software whose link i posted in my previous post & see if it can help.if not then post again with all details.



    this isn't any freeware.it was published in DIGIT magazine jan'08 issue where it was discussed in full 2 pages along with detailed instructions on how to recover data from a corrupted disc.i think this is enough to atleast give it a shot.though i personally haven't tried it.also recover my files is very good for recovery in case of shift+delete or entire partition/disc format but aruncse's problem is not that serious.
    bro.. will try and let u know... thanks a lot for ur detailed info..

  16. #16
    Platinum Member whitestar_999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,276

    Default

    no problem! also as a suggestion start reading DIGIT magazine.it's a very good magazine wih lots of help material & tips.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    56

    Default

    i would suggest you to get a professional if you would like to recover yor lost data as if you do another mistake then may be there would be no chance to recover it.

  18. #18
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    423

    Thumbs up

    frds... i have retrieved 100% of my data using getdataback 3.32.. thanks a lot for ur help...

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    80

    Default

    You have got a problem with the connecting IDE cable.Call a hardware (good one) and ask your Primary disk to be connected through SATA cable.The older drive should be connected thru IDE cable (which has 2 connectors).Also the jumper pins should be adjusted in the secondary drive.

    Next switch on the PC and press (F2 or F8) for BIOS settings.Check whether both the hard disks are listed.Shift the boot priority to the newer disk by pressing the relevant keys.Good Luck!!

    It is matter of 200 bucks.Call a good mechanic.The steps listed above was for an idea.

  20. #20
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagan View Post
    You have got a problem with the connecting IDE cable.Call a hardware (good one) and ask your Primary disk to be connected through SATA cable.The older drive should be connected thru IDE cable (which has 2 connectors).Also the jumper pins should be adjusted in the secondary drive.

    Next switch on the PC and press (F2 or F8) for BIOS settings.Check whether both the hard disks are listed.Shift the boot priority to the newer disk by pressing the relevant keys.Good Luck!!

    It is matter of 200 bucks.Call a good mechanic.The steps listed above was for an idea.
    wat u r talking about?? i think u didnt see my above reply...

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Hey why don’t you try DiskEmergency.com Flat Rate Data Recovery Service Center .It will definitely help you. It is one of the best data recovery service provider. I think you should go through this atleast once.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 3rd April 2010, 03:11 PM
  2. Which hard disk to buy
    By Sahil_kr in forum Computer Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28th March 2010, 09:43 AM
  3. Which Hard Disk Should I buy ?
    By power_downloader in forum Computer Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 7th July 2009, 09:33 PM
  4. 500 GB hard disk
    By Outlander in forum Desktop Computer
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 5th April 2009, 08:00 PM
  5. Immediate Help on corrupted Hard disk...
    By aruncse30 in forum Computer hardware and software tips and tricks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26th March 2008, 08:20 PM