Results 1 to 10 of 10

BSNL EVDO or BSNL Fixed Line Broadband

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10

    Question BSNL EVDO or BSNL Fixed Line Broadband

    Hi, I want to buy a broadband connection with good speed and wnlimited download. Now BSNL EVDO offers 3.1 Mbps in 750 rs. and BSNL fixed line telephone broadband offers me 512 Kbps in 750 rs. Both with unlimited download. I live about 500 m from the BSNL tower in AGRA. Which will give me better connection and download speed? I am really confused please help. ( I have read pros and cons of both the connections). And I have to specific needs of a portable connection.
    Last edited by deadx17; 15th July 2010 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention the portability requirement. Its not a necessity. Just the speed matters.

  2. #2
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    285

    Default

    speeds and downtimes in evdo actually depend on the no of users online i.e the network traffic and the obstacles in your area i would rather suggest you to take a temporary demo plan if it is there with evdo and check up with the speeds cause its the only sure shot way of checking the connection

  3. #3
    The Wizard meetdilip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,776

    Default

    Speed depends on

    1. Distance from the tower.

    2. No. of users per tower.

    It is wise to get a demo at your place. In most areas, the representatives will come to your home and explain it. In some cases, you need to pay the full amount and take the card to your home. If it does not work, you will be refunded.

  4. #4
    Milend1814
    Guest

    Default

    I agree with meetdilip,but still "Broadband is Broadband"

    You will get the full speed most of the time on Broadband,suppose
    You are having a 512kbps connection,via copper line broadband,then most of the time you will get 60~64KB/S,

    In Evdo,you are promised to get 3.6Mbps,but do you get it?
    The possible answer is no.
    So better go with Broadband.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milend1814 View Post
    I agree with meetdilip,but still "Broadband is Broadband"

    You will get the full speed most of the time on Broadband,suppose
    You are having a 512kbps connection,via copper line broadband,then most of the time you will get 60~64KB/S,

    In Evdo,you are promised to get 3.6Mbps,but do you get it?
    The possible answer is no.
    So better go with Broadband.
    Your reply is perfect. Can you also put this about upload ?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default

    as other members have pointed out its better to take demo, for some people it will work fine for others it won't.

    I have both the plans and luckily i get really good speeds on EVDO but i not giving up my BB750 plan cos i don't get good upload speed from EVDO and i m hoping soon bsnl will come up with a better paln of unlimited 1 mbps or 2 mbps for landline.

    Landline gives a more stable connection and u get to download 512 kbps (60-64 kbps) 24/7.

    for now on EVDO i m getting speeds around 1.5 Mbps with ocassional peak of 2 Mbps or above. so if u can get such speeds at ur area or even 1 Mbps EVDO will be a better option, hence please take a demo.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imgame View Post
    as other members have pointed out its better to take demo, for some people it will work fine for others it won't.

    I have both the plans and luckily i get really good speeds on EVDO but i not giving up my BB750 plan cos i don't get good upload speed from EVDO and i m hoping soon bsnl will come up with a better paln of unlimited 1 mbps or 2 mbps for landline.

    Landline gives a more stable connection and u get to download 512 kbps (60-64 kbps) 24/7.

    for now on EVDO i m getting speeds around 1.5 Mbps with ocassional peak of 2 Mbps or above. so if u can get such speeds at ur area or even 1 Mbps EVDO will be a better option, hence please take a demo.
    Can you tell please what upload speed you get with BB750 in day & in night ?

  8. #8
    Akhil21
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vwad29 View Post
    Can you tell please what upload speed you get with BB750 in day & in night ?
    I guess it's 256Kbps,please confirm from others too,i am not sure.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akhil21 View Post
    I guess it's 256Kbps,please confirm from others too,i am not sure.
    You mean both ? day and night same ?

  10. #10
    Akhil21
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vwad29 View Post
    You mean both ? day and night same ?
    Dude it was a Guess,please confirm with others when they will reply.

Similar Threads

  1. Bsnl wimax or Bsnl adsl broadband or Bsnl EVDO
    By praveenvarma in forum Broadband Internet Service Providers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23rd April 2013, 05:19 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13th February 2012, 06:45 PM
  3. BSNL DATAONE BROADBAND- VERY SLOW SPEED (8MBPS line )
    By sjx2020 in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 27th October 2011, 11:56 PM
  4. Does airtel broadband/reliance use bsnl line?
    By ronferds in forum Airtel Broadband
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 1st April 2009, 08:53 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th November 2006, 03:46 PM