Results 1 to 38 of 38
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By sumitbaran
  • 1 Post By $h@d0w
  • 1 Post By $h@d0w
  • 1 Post By sumitbaran
  • 1 Post By $h@d0w
  • 1 Post By sarveshmotihari

Prithvi UE100 "DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED"

  1. #1
    $h@d0w
    Guest

    Default Prithvi UE100 "DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED"

    When i plug my UE100 into the USB port of my computer it works like a charm, but when i use an USB extension cable to the same USB port, it pops up "DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED". I have no clue whatsoever!!! Help needed.

  2. #2
    Bronze Member sumitbaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    What is the length of your USB extension cable? I have faced the same problem with 5 meter and 3 meter USB extension cable. Now I am using 1 and 1/2 meter USB extension cable, its working properly. So you can try this.

  3. #3
    $h@d0w
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sumitbaran View Post
    What is the length of your USB extension cable? I have faced the same problem with 5 meter and 3 meter USB extension cable. Now I am using 1 and 1/2 meter USB extension cable, its working properly. So you can try this.
    Yes i just bought a 5 mtr long 2.0 USB cable as the signal strength here at Haldia is low inside the house. Its just 3 bars. So thought an extension cable would do some good. I previously used a half a meter long USB cable which worked fine but it was way too short to boost the signal bars.

    Searched the internet whole day yesterday and came to the following two conclusions...

    1. Since its too long a cable, power to and from the modem seems to be a problem.

    2. As im using an old Compaq Presario, the USB ports are version 1. May be its because im using a Version 2 with a version 1. The old chipset may be or may not be a reason too. I say this because PEN DRIVE is working fine, as is the UMG 1831 modem with this 5 mtr long cable. Only this UE100 is not working. But guess what, the blue dot is lighting up, blinks, stabilizes..but its not getting recognized by Windows!! The positive that im counting on is, i have a latest Dell at Kolkata. Hoping it will work on that machine.
    Last edited by SmoothVibes; 21st April 2012 at 05:22 AM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21

    Default

    @EVDO users
    I have heard that EVDO signal is poor on ground floor?
    Is it a fact or just mere talk?

  5. #5
    $h@d0w
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vipul View Post
    @EVDO users
    I have heard that EVDO signal is poor on ground floor?
    Is it a fact or just mere talk?
    As per my experience...in general anything wireless from BSNL sucks inside a premise. Be it 2G, 3G or EVDO. With BSNL its your luck that has the biggest role to play. In a city like kolkata, i hardly get 3G signal from inside my 3rd floor flat. For EVDO i get 4bars which does its work. One of my friend hardly gets 3bars of signal from his 5th floor apartment. So you never know with BSNL!!! You may get all the 5 bars or not even a single bar from the ground floor! BSNL has a provision for providing DEMO for its wireless services. Contact your local exchange to see if they could provide you with the DEMO at your place.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21

    Default

    thanx for the reply.
    but like all other services of BSNL,my exchange also sucks.Its full of tout and inept employees.
    Have to try other exchange.
    what is the average speed you get using evdo inside premises?

  7. #7
    $h@d0w
    Guest

    Default

    ^^ Its not always the signal bars that matter. It has a lot to do with the technical aspects of the tower you are hooked to. For example with 4 bars of signal in kolkata i get a download speed of around 230 kbps in torrents and 270 to 300 kbps in IDM. Whereas with the same signal strength(sometimes, mostly it is 3bars) at my hometown i hardly get 150kbps both in torrent and IDM. Also in kolkata i have never faced any disconnection issues, while at my hometown im fed up with frequent disconnections.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21

    Default

    thanx for the feedback.

  9. #9
    Bronze Member sumitbaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $#@|)0\/\/ View Post
    Yes i just bought a 5 mtr long 2.0 USB cable as the signal strength here at Haldia is low inside the house. Its just 3 bars. So thought an extension cable would do some good. I previously used a half a meter long USB cable which worked fine but it was way too short to boost the signal bars.

    Searched the internet whole day yesterday and came to the following two conclusions...

    1. Since its too long a cable, power to and from the modem seems to be a problem.

    2. As im using an old Compaq Presario, the USB ports are version 1. May be its because im using a Version 2 with a version 1. The old chipset may be or may not be a reason too. I say this because PEN DRIVE is working fine, as is the UMG 1831 modem with this 5 mtr long cable. Only this UE100 is not working. But guess what, the blue dot is lighting up, blinks, stabilizes..but its not getting recognized by Windows!! The positive that im counting on is, i have a latest Dell at Kolkata. Hoping it will work on that machine.


    Dont you think that would have been anybody's first and obvious reaction?



    So why reply unnecessarily?? 99% of all your posts are crap and unnecessary. Try to be genuinely helpful rather than merely adding to your post count.


    As expected from you
    I have try with 5 mtr long 2.0 USB cable and 3 mtr long 2.0 USB cable on IBM Desktop and many types of Laptop but its not working. Pendrive is working fine. So now I am using a 1&half meter long 2.0 USB cable. I have put the USB Modem outside of my 1st floor's window and now I am getting 300KB/sec and above download speed by IDM. LOOK AT THE SCREEN SHOT. I am waiting for your Kolkata's result. Best of luck.
    EVDO.jpg
    Last edited by sumitbaran; 20th April 2012 at 10:33 PM.
    $h@d0w likes this.

  10. #10
    $h@d0w
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sumitbaran View Post
    I have try with 5 mtr long 2.0 USB cable and 3 mtr long 2.0 USB cable on IBM Desktop and many types of Laptop but its not working. Pendrive is working fine. So now I am using a 1&half meter long 2.0 USB cable. I have put the USB Modem outside of my 1st floor's window and now I am getting 300KB/sec and above download speed by IDM. LOOK AT THE SCREEN SHOT. I am waiting for your Kolkata's result. Best of luck.
    EVDO.jpg
    Great. Lucky you that 1.5 mtr long cable is doing your job. Well as i had mentioned earlier, i get around 270-300 kbps in IDM without the need of any extension cable in kolkata. I needed the cable for my native place as i will be here for a month or so now. By the way, from your screenshot it seems no one is actually getting all the 5 bars of signal. But who cares as long as we get around 300kbps, be it with 4 bars or nor bars at all

  11. #11
    $h@d0w
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sumitbaran View Post
    I have try with 5 mtr long 2.0 USB cable and 3 mtr long 2.0 USB cable on IBM Desktop and many types of Laptop but its not working. Pendrive is working fine. So now I am using a 1&half meter long 2.0 USB cable. I have put the USB Modem outside of my 1st floor's window and now I am getting 300KB/sec and above download speed by IDM. LOOK AT THE SCREEN SHOT. I am waiting for your Kolkata's result. Best of luck.
    EVDO.jpg
    Great. Lucky you that 1.5 mtr long cable is doing your job. Well as i had mentioned earlier, i get around 270-300 kbps in IDM without the need of any extension cable in kolkata. I needed the cable for my native place as i will be here for a month or so now. By the way, from your screenshot it seems no one is actually getting all the 5 bars of signal. But who cares as long as we get around 300kbps, be it with 4 bars or no bars at all
    Last edited by $h@d0w; 20th April 2012 at 11:44 PM.
    sumitbaran likes this.

  12. #12
    Bronze Member sumitbaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $#@|)0\/\/ View Post
    Great. Lucky you that 1.5 mtr long cable is doing your job. Well as i had mentioned earlier, i get around 270-300 kbps in IDM without the need of any extension cable in kolkata. I needed the cable for my native place as i will be here for a month or so now. By the way, from your screenshot it seems no one is actually getting all the 5 bars of signal. But who cares as long as we get around 300kbps, be it with 4 bars or no bars at all
    OK, I get 5 bar or full signal from roof of my house but no change in speed. Same speed like 4 bar also. I have tried it. Please explain your experience.
    EVDO.jpg
    Last edited by sumitbaran; 21st April 2012 at 12:13 AM.

  13. #13
    $h@d0w
    Guest

    Default

    ^^ I dont think there will be a huge speed boost if one gets all the 5 bars. Infact be it 4 or 5, it doesnt matter much. A 3.1 mbps modem would anyhow not give more than 387.5 kBps of download speed. And since its wireless its acceptable that some amount of this speed will get eliminated. In fact I have even experimented to an extent of bringing the 4 bars down to 2 bars and still got the same amount of speed which i got from 4bars. Previously i had the BSNL HOME 600 combo which used to be a 2mbps line broadband which gave me a maximum of 190 kBps in torrents and around 220 in IDM. There also the speed was eliminated by around 30 KBps. Since the EVDO is wireless, the speed gets reduced by some more extent. But in todays 3G price charts...its the best anyone would bet for. Rs 750 TRULY UNLIMITED!!! Amazing.
    sumitbaran likes this.

  14. #14
    Bronze Member sumitbaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $#@|)0\/\/ View Post
    ^^ I dont think there will be a huge speed boost if one gets all the 5 bars. Infact be it 4 or 5, it doesnt matter much. A 3.1 mbps modem would anyhow not give more than 387.5 kBps of download speed. And since its wireless its acceptable that some amount of this speed will get eliminated. In fact I have even experimented to an extent of bringing the 4 bars down to 2 bars and still got the same amount of speed which i got from 4bars. Previously i had the BSNL HOME 600 combo which used to be a 2mbps line broadband which gave me a maximum of 190 kBps in torrents and around 220 in IDM. There also the speed was eliminated by around 30 KBps. Since the EVDO is wireless, the speed gets reduced by some more extent. But in todays 3G price charts...its the best anyone would bet for. Rs 750 TRULY UNLIMITED!!! Amazing.
    So, BSNL is the great. What you say? I love BSNL. I am very happy with BSNL EVDO.

    Mr. Sarvesh (sarveshmotihari), why you stop. Write something about BSNL EVDO. I like you.
    sarveshmotihari likes this.

  15. #15
    Tech Crazy!! sarveshmotihari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sumitbaran View Post
    Mr. Sarvesh (sarveshmotihari), why you stop. Write something about BSNL EVDO. I like you.
    Thanks Sumit for the compliment. Atleast there is someone who likes my posts.

    I will surely come up with some nice posts on EVDO in future.

  16. #16
    Bronze Member sumitbaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarveshmotihari View Post
    Thanks Sumit for the compliment. Atleast there is someone who likes my posts.

    I will surely come up with some nice posts on EVDO in future.
    Thanks friend, I am waiting for your post.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default

    This is my download speed..pls help.
    Untitled.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

  18. #18
    Tech Crazy!! sarveshmotihari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jebas15 View Post
    This is my download speed..pls help.
    Untitled.jpg
    The dialer shows the rate at which any webpage is opening or any file is being downloaded. As far as I can see you are only opening webpage and not downloading anything. Please post a screenshot of your download manager while downloading any file.

  19. #19
    Bronze Member sumitbaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jebas15 View Post
    This is my download speed..pls help.
    Untitled.jpg
    Your EVDO signal strength is very good (5 bars) but your download speed problem. Please try another location in your house near window. If you have laptop so please try with it. Try IDM for download. I think you can get good speed. Please write your download speed with IDM.

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default hi

    i am in 3dr floor. I already try in different location.

    dccgdyr.jpg

  21. #21
    Bronze Member sumitbaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jebas15 View Post
    i am in 3dr floor. I already try in different location.

    dccgdyr.jpg
    If possible so please try with another device.

  22. #22
    Bronze Member sumitbaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jebas15 View Post
    i am in 3dr floor. I already try in different location.

    dccgdyr.jpg
    If possible so please try with another device. Contact with EVDO customer care and tell them about the problem. Hope they will help you.

  23. #23
    Tech Crazy!! sarveshmotihari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Have you kept your modem in EVDO+NIC(Hybrid) Mode or only EVDO mode??

  24. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default

    EVDO+NIC(Hybrid) Mode

  25. #25
    Tech Crazy!! sarveshmotihari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jebas15 View Post
    EVDO+NIC(Hybrid) Mode
    Change it to EVDO mode only and feedback.

  26. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default

    no change sir. still same speed.

  27. #27
    Bronze Member sumitbaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jebas15 View Post
    no change sir. still same speed.
    Today I have used my EVDO Data Card from top floor. I have received 5 bar (full signal) but download speed not good. I receive 4 bar from 1st floor and download speed very good. Please see screen shot.

    EVDO.jpg

    EVDO 2.jpg

  28. #28
    $h@d0w
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jebas15 View Post
    This is my download speed..pls help.
    Untitled.jpg
    Its clearly visible from the screenshot that its hung on to the EVDO network and not 1X...still some people are too paranoid to post silly advices!!! LAME

    It doesnt matter if one sets it to EVDO+1x. If EVDO is available...it will always get hung to that. It gets hung to 1x only if EVDO network is not avaiable. Its similar to the modern day 3G mobile. In the network settings if you select GSM/UMTS...first preference always is given to 3G mode. Unless its all nil, even if you get just a single bar of 3G network, you will get hung to 3G network. You get connected to GSM only when 3G network is totally blank.

  29. #29
    $h@d0w
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jebas15 View Post
    i am in 3dr floor. I already try in different location.

    dccgdyr.jpg

    Dude...no point in downloading from warez sites. They dont support DOWNLOAD MANAGERS. The basic working of a download manager is that, it breaks the file and downloads it in pieces from the same source but from various ports as available. And thats why one gets great speed by using DOWNLOAD MANAGERS. Let me make myself a bit more clear, as you can see in your screenshot, just below the TRANSFER BAR...there's a list numbered 1 2 3 4 5 6 and so on. Only the 1st is available in this case. That means your file is being downloaded from a single port, hence it is not being broken. Had it been broken, there would have been data in 2 3 4 5 6 7 (may be more even). I know its a bit confusing. You dont have to go to anywhere nor you need to worry with your data card. Its working fine. Try downloading the following link...see for yourself what i was trying to say.

    GOM Player Free Download

    This is a very good movie player. Im sure you'l like it too. And please post the the screenshot of this download. Thank you!

  30. #30
    $h@d0w
    Guest

    Default

    @ Mr. Sumit.

    Got back from kolkata just an hour ago. The 5 mtr cable worked on my Dell 620 Got the same dialog "DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED" when plugged into the front ports. Then plugged it into the rear port and BINGO!! It was detected. I think (not at all sure) it worked because the rear ports were version 2.0 But whatever it is...it worked, thats important!!
    sumitbaran likes this.

  31. #31
    Bronze Member sumitbaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $#@|)0\/\/ View Post
    @ Mr. Sumit.

    Got back from kolkata just an hour ago. The 5 mtr cable worked on my Dell 620 Got the same dialog "DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED" when plugged into the front ports. Then plugged it into the rear port and BINGO!! It was detected. I think (not at all sure) it worked because the rear ports were version 2.0 But whatever it is...it worked, thats important!!
    Ok, you are lucky. I have try with all ports but no result. Best of luck...........

  32. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default

    frnds... which antivirus u used? pls tell.
    i think evdo speed depends upon antivirus also.

  33. #33
    Tech Crazy!! sarveshmotihari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $#@|)0\/\/ View Post
    Its clearly visible from the screenshot that its hung on to the EVDO network and not 1X...still some people are too paranoid to post silly advices!!! LAME

    It doesnt matter if one sets it to EVDO+1x. If EVDO is available...it will always get hung to that. It gets hung to 1x only if EVDO network is not avaiable. Its similar to the modern day 3G mobile. In the network settings if you select GSM/UMTS...first preference always is given to 3G mode. Unless its all nil, even if you get just a single bar of 3G network, you will get hung to 3G network. You get connected to GSM only when 3G network is totally blank.
    I have always experienced low speeds when I keep it in dual mode. It's my personal experience.

    There are a lot of people who can only say others LAME. This one is For them:-

    “I'm no one's lap dog, you can't put me on a leash, and that was the attitude of it, **** off.”
    sumitbaran likes this.

  34. #34
    $h@d0w
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarveshmotihari View Post
    “I'm no one's lap dog, you can't put me on a leash, and that was the attitude of it, **** off.”
    Sarvesh ji Sattu pe kar soo jao....by ADMIN, lol!!!

  35. #35
    $h@d0w
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jebas15 View Post
    frnds... which antivirus u used? pls tell.
    i think evdo speed depends upon antivirus also.
    Speed depends on anti virus? :-o Did you try what i posted ? Anti virus has nothing to do with internet speeds... Just try what i said.

  36. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default

    sir when i use bsnl prithivi ue 100 with 1m extension cable....it shows unknown device in device manager...plz help me

  37. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    58

  38. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default bsnl evdo prithivi ue 100

    sir..same problem occured even after installing the driver files...but with same cable and evdo card...its suporting in my frndzzz pc...thiz problem ocuring only in my pc....plz help meee

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24th March 2015, 12:51 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19th March 2011, 07:58 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5th April 2009, 12:46 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18th February 2009, 05:03 PM
  5. Simple Way to identify "Unknown Device"
    By Logik in forum Windows
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 4th February 2009, 08:09 PM