Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Admin
  • 1 Post By sarveshmotihari

BSNL EVDO; a Fake 3G Service; Unlimited Plan But Gives Very Limited Speed & Access!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default BSNL EVDO; a Fake 3G Service; Unlimited Plan But Gives Very Limited Speed & Access!

    Yes folks! thats what my experience with this miserable pathetic BSNL EVDO service says! Its a highly overrated & overhyped fake 3G service, probably one of the slowest internet service of our time! you may find here & there some very positive reviews on how some people getting blazing speed with this thing! getting speed in mbps??? Believe me guys! its a very rare phenomenon! doesnt happen with each n every BSNL user!
    I have been using this thing for last two years. I usually get 10 kbps-30 kbps download speed during daytime & 30-60 kbps in late nights, even with IDM like DL manager. Signal is always unstable & very unpredictable, keeps fluctuating like hell! you have to readjust the antenna/modem to make it stable like every other minute!...for ur kind information, BTS (base terminal stn.) is hardly 500 mtr. away from my residence! Browsing speed s**ks! watching online videos on sites like youtube is nearly impossible as buffering goes on & on! To add to its cutomers' woes, BSNL has blocked almost every free HQ movie sites, eg. Putlocker, novamov, sockshare etc.!
    You may find those tips n tricks tutorials on how to make it run faster, in many forums coined by some self proclaimed EVDO Experts, like using a USB ext. cord, a metal ruler or CDs etc. etc. LOL!!! Thats BULL***T!!! here is my advice...Do yourself a huge favor & stay away from this crap! not worth your valuable time & hard earned money!




    I have edited your post and next time onwards please do not use objectionable language on public forum.
    -smoothvibes
    Last edited by SmoothVibes; 1st May 2012 at 05:25 AM.

  2. #2
    $h@d0w
    Guest

    Default

    Since you mentioned that you have been using this EVDO service for the last 2 years, i would like to know the modem you are using. I dont think its a REV A modem since there was no EVDO service 2 years ago, it was only 1X service. The modem you are using must be a 1X modem, that is the reason you are getting such slow speeds. Kindly check the modem and revert, thank you!

  3. #3
    Tech Crazy!! sarveshmotihari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Very sad to hear about your pathetic experience of EVDO. But it's not that everyone is getting poor speeds. There are a lot of members in this forum who are getting decent speeds in "mbps" including me. A user sumitbaran has also posted his Screenshots . I have uploaded a video on youtube in which I have shown the download speed of EVDO by downloading a file. Here is the video:-

    EVDO Download Speed By Sarvesh

    Also BSNL has not blocked "ANY" website. I can easily open Putlocker, novamov, sockshare.

    Still it's BSNL. So you will get good speeds only if you are damn LUCKY. Actually this is same will all the ISPs.

  4. #4
    Bronze Member samit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    151

    Default

    hey is it true that BSNL EVDO provides unlimited in rs 750 only...if yes then what is the speed in unlimited plan and is there any FUP limit(like X mbps till Xgb beyond XXXkbps..etc.)..
    By Comgod - Samit

  5. #5
    Tech Crazy!! sarveshmotihari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samit View Post
    hey is it true that BSNL EVDO provides unlimited in rs 750 only...if yes then what is the speed in unlimited plan and is there any FUP limit(like X mbps till Xgb beyond XXXkbps..etc.)..
    EVDO provides true unlimited plan for 750..No FUP at all...

    It promises speeds upto 3.1 mbps.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    well, i m glad to know there are some people out there under this sun who actually are having good time with this thing! guess what today's headline is?... "A Very Rare Species Of Netizens called 'Happy & Contented BSNL Customers' Discovered!"... just kidding! no offense dude, but seriously, how many people are there who actually are satisfied with its performance? still my answer is... not too many!
    i checked on those sites mentioned in my review last evening & yes they are accessible now. my sincerest apologies! last year, in november, i went to bsnl's local office with a list of sites that were inaccessible. movshare,divxstage,vidxden,novamov,putlocker,ginbi g were among them. they tried their best but couldnt make it.they were completely confused & clueless. they asked for my no. & promised to call as soon as they sort it out. never heard from them again. it was sometime in March when i checked on them last time & they were still invisible. Now they are back! voila! still wondering what took them so long to fix this situation!

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    as far as my knowledge goes, BSNL has been providing EVDO service since 2007! a pioneer in 3G wireless broadband internet service!

  8. #8
    Tech Crazy!! sarveshmotihari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donjuan333 View Post
    well, i m glad to know there are some people out there under this sun who actually are having good time with this thing! guess what today's headline is?... "A Very Rare Species Of Netizens called 'Happy & Contented BSNL Customers' Discovered!"... just kidding! no offense dude, but seriously, how many people are there who actually are satisfied with its performance? still my answer is... not too many!
    i checked on those sites mentioned in my review last evening & yes they are accessible now. my sincerest apologies! last year, in november, i went to bsnl's local office with a list of sites that were inaccessible. movshare,divxstage,vidxden,novamov,putlocker,ginbi g were among them. they tried their best but couldnt make it.they were completely confused & clueless. they asked for my no. & promised to call as soon as they sort it out. never heard from them again. it was sometime in March when i checked on them last time & they were still invisible. Now they are back! voila! still wondering what took them so long to fix this situation!
    That's what BSNL is all about...You ought to be extremenly lucky to get GOOD speeds with BSNL..And that's what I am

  9. #9
    $h@d0w
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donjuan333 View Post
    as far as my knowledge goes, BSNL has been providing EVDO service since 2007! a pioneer in 3G wireless broadband internet service!
    That may be true but not on a large scale. Till now, 65% of a metropolitan city like kolkata is covered under EVDO. Not everywhere BSNL is offering EVDO service. So if you belong to a place where there is no EVDO service, there's no point in crying that BSNL EVDO is fake. Firstly confirm whether you are having the appropriate modem to connect to EVDO signal. Dont cry foul in here and mislead other people who can actually benefit from this EVDO service. If your area is under the EVDO radar and you are having the REV A modem and still not getting decent speed...i would request you to post your problem so that others can help you out. I too believe that wireless internet speed in India still depends on luck no matter who your ISP is, but still only luck cant be the lone factor. Buying a BUS to fulfill one's dream of flying... lol!!

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    The problem with government internet is, if you get lucky you'll get awesome speeds, if you get horrible speeds, you have to contact the customer care who'll do the job of 'passing the buck', its all a matter of luck

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarveshmotihari View Post
    EVDO provides true unlimited plan for 750..No FUP at all...

    It promises speeds upto 3.1 mbps.
    ya true
    sometimes i get around 2.0Mbps

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $#@|)0\/\/ View Post
    That may be true but not on a large scale. Till now, 65% of a metropolitan city like kolkata is covered under EVDO. Not everywhere BSNL is offering EVDO service. So if you belong to a place where there is no EVDO service, there's no point in crying that BSNL EVDO is fake. Firstly confirm whether you are having the appropriate modem to connect to EVDO signal. Dont cry foul in here and mislead other people who can actually benefit from this EVDO service. If your area is under the EVDO radar and you are having the REV A modem and still not getting decent speed...i would request you to post your problem so that others can help you out. I too believe that wireless internet speed in India still depends on luck no matter who your ISP is, but still only luck cant be the lone factor. Buying a BUS to fulfill one's dream of flying... lol!!
    Everytime i ask a "Happy BSNL Customer" about the speed he/she gettin', all he/she comes up with is a screen shot of IDM DL info/queue!!! Whole internet is full of them! is that what you think a 3G is all about? what if i dont wanna download, merely looking forward to watch a video! what if i wanna play an online game? what if simply wanna tune in to a radio stn. to listen to some good music? Now tell me, can i make it happen with so called BSNL EVDO 3g service with no hassle or interruption? i dont think i need to answer that! you know it already!

    one must give some credit to BSNL for availing unlimited plan, as there is no other ISP, in this part of the world, who has got the balls to offer such service! & i do salute them for that! an unlimited plan for such a dirt cheap price! All i want to say to them is " you guys are doing gr8 job! it wud be nicer if u guys try harder & bring more n more people into that bracket called " Happy n Contented BSNL CUSTOMER". i hereby rest my case! Thank you for your time! Take Care!
    Last edited by donjuan333; 5th May 2012 at 05:06 AM.

  13. #13
    $h@d0w
    Guest

    Default

    LOL!! You are so contradictory!

    Quote Originally Posted by donjuan333 View Post
    Everytime i ask a "Happy BSNL Customer" about the speed he/she gettin', all he/she comes up with is a screen shot of IDM DL info/queue!!! Whole internet is full of them! is that what you think a 3G is all about? what if i dont wanna download, merely looking forward to watch a video! what if i wanna play an online game? what if simply wanna tune in to a radio stn. to listen to some good music? Now tell me, can i make it happen with so called BSNL EVDO 3g service with no hassle or interruption? i dont think i need to answer that! you know it already!
    I have a 23 inch Full HD monitor, eversince i got this monitor i am hooked to HD content, so much so that im watching the ongoing IPL LIVE on youtube @ 720P...with no interruption at all with my EVDO!! I dont know what radio station you are wanting to tune into to listen to so called good music to your ear, for India has got a hell lot of FM stations for which one needs at most a 60 rupee FM receiver!! lol! May be you are the ODD MAN out, listening to radio on the INTERNET in INDIA would be the last thing that Indians do or want to as of now! And for online gaming i do accept that BSNL EVDO is not the best, but i doubt most of the wired Indian internet lines for this purpose...i would be greatly obliged if could tell me an INDIAN WIRELESS ISP where ONLINE GAMING without a glitch is possible at a max of 750 rupees per month unlimited!

    Quote Originally Posted by donjuan333 View Post
    one must give some credit to BSNL for availing unlimited plan, as there is no other ISP, in this part of the world, who has got the balls to offer such service! & i do salute them for that! an unlimited plan for such a dirt cheap price! All i want to say to them is " you guys are doing gr8 job! it wud be nicer if u guys try harder & bring more n more people into that bracket called " Happy n Contented BSNL CUSTOMER". i hereby rest my case! Thank you for your time! Take Care!
    Really?? If so then why create such a thread which mislead people?? I would request you to think before posting or creating such threads hereafter. Thank you!

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $#@|)0\/\/ View Post
    LOL!! You are so contradictory!



    I have a 23 inch Full HD monitor, eversince i got this monitor i am hooked to HD content, so much so that im watching the ongoing IPL LIVE on youtube @ 720P...with no interruption at all with my EVDO!!
    HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!! Watching HD videos in 720p??!!?? You have a weird sense of humor, you know that? i cant even watch simple flash contents that come in 360/480p without buffering!


    Quote Originally Posted by $#@|)0\/\/ View Post
    I dont know what radio station you are wanting to tune into to listen to so called good music to your ear, for India has got a hell lot of FM stations for which one needs at most a 60 rupee FM receiver!! lol! May be you are the ODD MAN out, listening to radio on the INTERNET in INDIA would be the last thing that Indians do or want to as of now!
    just to let you know, i am very much into music like symphony, country, new age rock, jazz, pop, hip-hop, R&B, etc,etc. so i was just wondering if your 60 buck FM receiver can catch those genres? if yes, then plz buy me one! coz i m sick n tired of trying them on my lame evdo!

    Quote Originally Posted by $#@|)0\/\/ View Post
    And for online gaming i do accept that BSNL EVDO is not the best, but i doubt most of the wired Indian internet lines for this purpose...i would be greatly obliged if could tell me an INDIAN WIRELESS ISP where ONLINE GAMING without a glitch is possible at a max of 750 rupees per month unlimited!
    try MTS Mblaze! and the very next moment, you'll kick BSNL out of ur house & ur life!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by $#@|)0\/\/ View Post
    Really?? If so then why create such a thread which mislead people?? I would request you to think before posting or creating such threads hereafter. Thank you!
    i m misleading nobody here! i had a strong feeling that my side of story, which of course, doesnt come with an ending phrase " & they lived happily everafter", also needs to be told. BSNL is the only ISP in India that offers an unlimited plan! & i do appreciate them for that! its a fact! & if accepting this fact makes me contradictory, then all i can say is you seriously need some help!
    Last edited by donjuan333; 7th May 2012 at 03:38 AM.

  15. #15
    $h@d0w
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donjuan333 View Post
    HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!! Watching HD videos in 720p??!!?? You have a weird sense of humor, you know that? i cant even watch simple flash contents that come in 360/480p without buffering!
    Dude, thats your problem, it aint mine or others who are getting speeds like what im getting with EVDO. As you said you are getting 40-60 kBps with IDM that too during the night, in that case buffering is imminent for you.



    Quote Originally Posted by donjuan333 View Post
    just to let you know, i am very much into music like symphony, country, new age rock, jazz, pop, hip-hop, R&B, etc,etc. so i was just wondering if your 60 buck FM receiver can catch those genres? if yes, then plz buy me one! coz i m sick n tired of trying them on my lame evdo!
    Good to hear that. But what i said was for the majority of the Indians.


    Quote Originally Posted by donjuan333 View Post
    try MTS Mblaze! and the very next moment, you'll kick BSNL out of ur house & ur life!!!
    lol! Then why dont you stick to MTS? Im happy with my EVDO, so are many in this forum! By the way is MTS providing unlimited usage(no FUP ****) @ 3.1 Mbps @ Rs. 750??

    Quote Originally Posted by donjuan333 View Post
    i m misleading nobody here! i had a strong feeling that my side of story, which of course, doesnt come with an ending phrase " & they lived happily everafter", also needs be told. BSNL is the only ISP in India that offers an unlimited plan! & i do appreciate them for that! its a fact! & if accepting this fact makes me contradictory, then all i can say is you seriously need some help!
    Thats what im saying...your story is just yours, its not of the majority, is it? The thread name in that case itself is misleading.

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $#@|)0\/\/ View Post
    Thats what im saying...your story is just yours, its not of the majority, is it? The thread name in that case itself is misleading.
    of course! this is my story! i never said this planet called "Earth" has chosen me to represent her in this forum! lol! eace:

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $h@d0w View Post
    Dude, thats your problem, it aint mine or others who are getting speeds like what im getting with EVDO. As you said you are getting 40-60 kBps with IDM that too during the night, in that case buffering is imminent for you.
    who the hell are the "others" ??? i see no one else but you! :





    Quote Originally Posted by $h@d0w View Post
    Good to hear that. But what i said was for the majority of the Indians.
    I dont give a damn what majority of the people do with their internet!!! :




    Quote Originally Posted by $h@d0w View Post
    lol! Then why dont you stick to MTS? Im happy with my EVDO, so are many in this forum! By the way is MTS providing unlimited usage(no FUP ****) @ 3.1 Mbps @ Rs. 750??
    unlimited usage(no FUP ****) @ 3.1 Mbps @ Rs. 750??.... its just a label... to mislead & allure people to buy it! :

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    46

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by sarveshmotihari View Post
    Also BSNL has not blocked "ANY" website. I can easily open Putlocker, novamov, sockshare.
    i got back to those movie sites recently & just to let you & everyone else know... i hv 1 good news & 1 bad news regarding those sites! good news is that those are accessible now except vidxden n putlocker! putlocker cant be accessed after mid-night! Bad news is that these sites have become slower than they used to be if you are accessing thru bsnl evdo! you'll feel this more apparently when u r downloading videos from these sites using IDM. there were 8-16 connections available in IDM previously, but now there are only 2 connections! Obviously! downloading videos will never be the same as they used to be!

  19. #19
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,500

    Default

    Experience with a particular ISP would differ a lot for different customer sitting at different locations as there are far too many factors in play and more so with wireless technologies. Bsnl's EVDO has penetrated some very remote areas of Uttar Pradesh, Uttrakhand and Tamilnadu (These are the only states I have tried using Bsnl EVDO so can only speak of these states) and I found no other broadband services in some areas except Bsnl EVDO although the speed could be better in some places. I am not sure how good it is for downloading or watching videos as I only used it for checking emails, uploading pictures and some browsing here and there and I have no complaints so far.

    One thing I can assure you of is that if you live in a densely populated area you will get low speeds due to too many people trying to use the same pipe and as you go to the outskirts it gets a lot better in my experience. All in all 750 a month and download all you can cant get better then that these days with FUP becoming the norm these days with every ISP. Yes Bsnl could do a better job then they are doing right now by providing better speeds and what not but thats not whats on their minds. Bsnl is there to connect people to the net and reaching people especially those areas where private operators dont find it profitable.
    $h@d0w likes this.

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Experience with a particular ISP would differ a lot for different customer sitting at different locations as there are far too many factors in play and more so with wireless technologies. Bsnl's EVDO has penetrated some very remote areas of Uttar Pradesh, Uttrakhand and Tamilnadu (These are the only states I have tried using Bsnl EVDO so can only speak of these states) and I found no other broadband services in some areas except Bsnl EVDO although the speed could be better in some places. I am not sure how good it is for downloading or watching videos as I only used it for checking emails, uploading pictures and some browsing here and there and I have no complaints so far.

    One thing I can assure you of is that if you live in a densely populated area you will get low speeds due to too many people trying to use the same pipe and as you go to the outskirts it gets a lot better in my experience. All in all 750 a month and download all you can cant get better then that these days with FUP becoming the norm these days with every ISP. Yes Bsnl could do a better job then they are doing right now by providing better speeds and what not but thats not whats on their minds. Bsnl is there to connect people to the net and reaching people especially those areas where private operators dont find it profitable.
    1st of all, thanks for your response & helping me see this whole "bigger picture" about BSNL you just put across. yes i totally agree with you, doing net in a densely populated area in peak hrs. could result in slower net speed. but i think my case is a bit different here. i live in an apartment, top most floor, down town, surrounded by no other buildings taller than mine, anywhere near by 100 mtr. & i never turn on my internet b4 00:00. i reckon its just my bad luck, despite been living in such a favorable condition, i m still deprived of a good decent speed one can have with a wireless broadband! thats it! i have nothing else to say! nice meeting you Admin.! see you around!...Take Care!

  21. #21
    Tech Crazy!! sarveshmotihari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Calm down donjuan333... I can understand the anger/frustration that you are having right now for EVDO. This happens with everyone, If you get good speeds you keep praising it(Like me, Shadow, Sumit) whereas on the other hand if you donot get good speeds, you keep insulting the service. This is natural. But as Admin said look the efforts that BSNL has made for this EVDO service...it's available in remote areas and the most important thing BSNL decided to keep FUP away from EVDO. This satisfies a lot of hardcore user. Having an unlimited 3g plan for 750 is like a dream coming true.

    Why don't you try to contact BSNL people about the low speeds? In my case, once contacting the BSNL people had worked out...I was getting low speeds for 2 days, I contacted them and under an hour my orignal speeds were back...
    $h@d0w likes this.

  22. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarveshmotihari View Post
    Calm down donjuan333... I can understand the anger/frustration that you are having right now for EVDO. This happens with everyone, If you get good speeds you keep praising it(Like me, Shadow, Sumit) whereas on the other hand if you donot get good speeds, you keep insulting the service. This is natural. But as Admin said look the efforts that BSNL has made for this EVDO service...it's available in remote areas and the most important thing BSNL decided to keep FUP away from EVDO. This satisfies a lot of hardcore user. Having an unlimited 3g plan for 750 is like a dream coming true.

    Why don't you try to contact BSNL people about the low speeds? In my case, once contacting the BSNL people had worked out...I was getting low speeds for 2 days, I contacted them and under an hour my orignal speeds were back...
    "Dont look A Gift Horse in The Mouth!" OK! i got the message loud n clear! i m calm! but please dont ask me to contact bsnl, if you really want me to stay calm! these people execute their duties as though they are doing personal favor to this nation! i dont think they give a damn about what the hell i m going through with!! anyways, its been really nice chatting with you guys! thanks a lot for your nice co operation & concern!... so long!

Similar Threads

  1. BSNL 750/- Unlimited Plan Speed Increased ??
    By sara_131 in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18th May 2013, 12:27 PM
  2. Relaince cheating customers with internet speed zoom999x2 plan is fake
    By tusharthegamer in forum Reliance Broadband
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11th July 2012, 07:30 PM
  3. Unlimited Plan to Limited Plan????
    By coolvaibh2009 in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th March 2012, 08:27 AM
  4. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 22nd March 2011, 03:22 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 7th December 2009, 11:01 PM