Results 1 to 7 of 7

Asianet Dataline Service Very Faulty

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default Asianet Dataline Service Very Faulty

    I am using Asianet Data line for 6 months. I opted for plan with 1Mbps speed ie;Rapid 1350. But the problem is that, they are not at all providing the speed they promised to. Most of the time its below 512Kbps. I complained this matter to customer care more 20 times and they has been no action from their part yet.

    The thing now comes to my mind, why should i pay Rs 1350 + Rs125 tax for Rapid 1350 connection when there is rapid 449 plan which is giving 512Kbps.


    The main thing i found out is that TRAI or any organization that exist in india to regulate it are not up to the international standards.

  2. #2
    Junior Member lijorijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Uncap your modem. do it in your own risk.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default Asianet Bandwidth Throttling

    Hi all,
    I just want to share my experience with the Asianet cable broadband connection. When i took this connection few days ago i was getting the speed of about 50-70 kB/s as downloading speed in utorrent,i have this 550kb unlimited plan for about 700/month,also guys i was happy to pay that amount for this downloading speed. Nowadays major number of internet users do download stuffs using these torrent clients, unfortunately for the first time in my life am facing this ISP Throttling thing,i didn`t had any kind of bitter/sad experiences before from any ISP`s.The thing is when i reached about 10Gb tranfer rate they have started blocking my bandwidth,when i called there costumer care they are acting like my boss sitting on my head.So guys please if you are from Kerala,wish to go for a net connection then don`t go for asianet cable broadband,they really do s@#k.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by asianetsucks View Post
    Hi all,
    I just want to share my experience with the Asianet cable broadband connection. When i took this connection few days ago i was getting the speed of about 50-70 kB/s as downloading speed in utorrent,i have this 550kb unlimited plan for about 700/month,also guys i was happy to pay that amount for this downloading speed. Nowadays major number of internet users do download stuffs using these torrent clients, unfortunately for the first time in my life am facing this ISP Throttling thing,i didn`t had any kind of bitter/sad experiences before from any ISP`s.The thing is when i reached about 10Gb tranfer rate they have started blocking my bandwidth,when i called there costumer care they are acting like my boss sitting on my head.So guys please if you are from Kerala,wish to go for a net connection then don`t go for asianet cable broadband,they really do s@#k.
    I agree with your view, but in Kerala when it comes to cable broadband choice is limited.i used Bsnl broadband for years,they have worst service, the person coming to rectify your compliant has no know how ,he just know about telephone line and old
    Land phones!!so I shifted to Asianet ,they have 24 hr support,picks up phone most of the time,but I had issue,in that case try calling your nodal officer,in my case I couldn't contact nodal officer at my area,fiinally Main nodal officer at tvm responded to my mail.asianet is better than Bsnl.you can opt for rapid 880 or 1350 plans

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadoo8998 View Post
    I am using Asianet Data line for 6 months. I opted for plan with 1Mbps speed ie;Rapid 1350. But the problem is that, they are not at all providing the speed they promised to. Most of the time its below 512Kbps. I complained this matter to customer care more 20 times and they has been no action from their part yet.

    The thing now comes to my mind, why should i pay Rs 1350 + Rs125 tax for Rapid 1350 connection when there is rapid 449 plan which is giving 512Kbps.


    The main thing i found out is that TRAI or any organization that exist in india to regulate it are not up to the international standards.
    hello frnd,,,they just promise u to give a bandwidth of 512kbps,which was between thier server to ur moderm..they cant able to promise u this bandwidth upto COLOMBO (server which was u selected for testing)... anther thing which u want to know is wen u start a test ,u should stop other downloadings(including windows and back ground updates,and should be free of viruses).check your connection speed in their page itself.. asianetdataline.com/ at left side "check ur bb speed" click on tat ) or just click in this link 202.88.231.34/bandwidthmeter/ to check ur speed in asianet bb connetion

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
    I agree with your view, but in Kerala when it comes to cable broadband choice is limited.i used Bsnl broadband for years,they have worst service, the person coming to rectify your compliant has no know how ,he just know about telephone line and old
    Land phones!!so I shifted to Asianet ,they have 24 hr support,picks up phone most of the time,but I had issue,in that case try calling your nodal officer,in my case I couldn't contact nodal officer at my area,fiinally Main nodal officer at tvm responded to my mail.asianet is better than Bsnl.you can opt for rapid 880 or 1350 plans

    tats true asianet is far better than BSNL.....just they try to help u..but in bsnl they wont do it

  7. #7
    Junior Member lijorijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    80

    Default

    First of all, Cable Internet is shared stuff, it shares the bandwidth available in the network. They will provide speed according to plan which you opt. the speed depends on several factors. Some torrents get slow and some get speed, why is that?....it bcoz of the server speed stuf...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 8th October 2014, 11:25 AM
  2. Asianet ISP in Kerala -Ads injection via asianet streamride.net
    By alemcherry in forum Broadband Internet Service Providers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31st May 2012, 11:50 AM
  3. Faulty service & fake promises by Vidafone
    By kumudshankar in forum Vodafone Mobile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 4th October 2011, 10:05 AM
  4. open ports for cisco 2100 modem [asianet dataline]
    By sepulcher99 in forum Cable Internet Services
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17th June 2011, 07:55 PM
  5. Asianet Dataline
    By sujithsidhardhan in forum Other DSL Broadband Services
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 4th January 2011, 03:01 PM