Results 1 to 30 of 30

Computer Accessories

  1. #1
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,197

    Post Computer Accessories

    Computer Accessories

    Here you can talk about any computer assessories like
    • Batteries
    • Cables
    • Card Readers
    • Cleaning Kits
    • Bags and Cases
    • Laptop Stands
    • Media Storage (Extenal Drives)
    • Webcams


    even Query about mouse pad is also welcome

  2. #2
    Platinum Member player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    itlooks like nobody is interested in these type of talks

  3. #3
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    138

    Default

    My laptop's battery is not working properly.I own a Dell laptop i am using it for the past one year, but now there is a problem in the power supply compartment of laptop.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I have a nice leatherette slim bag for my laptop which I can carry anywhere.

  5. #5
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    My electric toaster is not talking to my computer. What could be the problem?
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  6. #6
    Good to be Back
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just4kix View Post
    My electric toaster is not talking to my computer. What could be the problem?
    Love Marriage or Arranged Marriage.....
    Collection of my useful Threads - All in One

  7. #7
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just4kix View Post
    My electric toaster is not talking to my computer. What could be the problem?
    Have you checked the cable? is it plugged in properly?

    My toaster connects perfectly fine and even this morning I had two toasts for breakfast... I generally feed the time and date for the toaster to run and like every morning I got my two toasts ready just when I wanted them

    I do have problems connecting my electric toaster to my computer when I use Linux but windows xp works just fine...

    Which OS have you been trying with? I think old electric toasters are not compatible with the new windows vista so you might wanna check that

  8. #8
    Good to be Back
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,987

    Default

    Electric Toaster & Computer...
    I dint understand their connection...
    Collection of my useful Threads - All in One

  9. #9
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,500

    Default

    Its a new technology ... dont know how you missed it but I know a lot of people including just4kix who connect a whole lot of gadgets to their computers..

    Fridge (vista,xp compatible) Aircons (only ogeneral works) lights and fans and anything really which is manufactured to be compatible with this new technology

    You can scedule everything to turn on or off from your PC and even remotely using your mobile phone. Can even change settings and controls on different things... litrally everything.

  10. #10
    Good to be Back
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,987

    Default

    Wow......How come I was not aware of this technology....
    Anyways not late enough......
    What technology is it...
    How can I control it...Does it require any software to be installed in the PC...
    Can I controll AC through the PC...
    Collection of my useful Threads - All in One

  11. #11
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,500

    Default

    Sorry jee.ramesh1983 ,
    Pushed it a bit too far ... it was meant to be a joke Hope you didint mind

  12. #12
    Good to be Back
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,987

    Default

    :48:
    Collection of my useful Threads - All in One

  13. #13
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Have you checked the cable? is it plugged in properly?

    My toaster connects perfectly fine and even this morning I had two toasts for breakfast... I generally feed the time and date for the toaster to run and like every morning I got my two toasts ready just when I wanted them

    I do have problems connecting my electric toaster to my computer when I use Linux but windows xp works just fine...

    Which OS have you been trying with? I think old electric toasters are not compatible with the new windows vista so you might wanna check that
    Good answer

    And jee.ramesh, this was all a joke.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  14. #14
    Good to be Back
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,987

    Default

    :48::48::48::48::48::48::48::48:
    Collection of my useful Threads - All in One

  15. #15
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,197

    Default

    adminder
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin

    Have you checked the cable? is it plugged in properly?

    My toaster connects perfectly fine and even this morning I had two toasts for breakfast... I generally feed the time and date for the toaster to run and like every morning I got my two toasts ready just when I wanted them

    I do have problems connecting my electric toaster to my computer when I use Linux but windows xp works just fine...

    Which OS have you been trying with? I think old electric toasters are not compatible with the new windows vista so you might wanna check that
    you are funny :laugh: :lol:

  16. #16
    ShAdOwCoN
    Guest

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by jee.ramesh1983 View Post
    Wow......How come I was not aware of this technology....
    Anyways not late enough......
    What technology is it...
    How can I control it...Does it require any software to be installed in the PC...
    Can I controll AC through the PC...
    :lol:
    :lol:
    :lol:
    :lol:
    :lol:
    :lol:


    Sorry Ramesh , Admin and jay really made a Micky out of you ..... :lol:

  17. #17
    Platinum Member Archer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Sorry jee.ramesh1983 ,
    Pushed it a bit too far ... it was meant to be a joke Hope you didint mind
    Perhaps 4 or 6 years after, people will laugh when they see this thread.
    They will say something like "What are these guys talking about. Anyone can connect a toaster to a Computer. You just need to plug in in the USB port. Its all
    Plug n Play" :lol:

  18. #18
    Junior Member vineesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Yea when both gives you trouble throw it out of the same window ....atleast they can Rest In Peace ..lol
    "Independence is my happiness, the world is my country and my religion is to do good." - Thomas Paine

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    75

    Default

    LOL...that may be true already guys...

    zigbee dot org

    Wireless ZigBee devices in the near future will find their way into home automation to control various household items like the fridge, AC, maybe even the toaster. the thing with zigbee is that you need a central coordinator device to talk to all the client devices. A PC can easily do this job.


    Freescale and a couple of Korean companies are big OEMs for ZigBee.

    OT: Where can I find a good cooling pad (USB powered) for a Dell Inspiron 6400? I've seen the Belkin on which is nice but overpriced. also, it's only got one fan in the middle whereas my inspiron needs 2-4 fans around the perimeter!

  20. #20
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,500

    Default

    Javeed you dont need a cooling pad... every laptop comes with a built in cooling fan and that more then enough to keep heat in check.

    All you need to do is open it every 15-20 days and clean it properly and make sure there is no dust covering the heat sink.

    If you use your laptop outdoor you might wanna clean the fan and heat sink every 10 days or so depending upon your usage habbits.

    Do not waste your money on cooling pads.

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default

    basic tools for the computer is good, but try to talk more on the latest and coolest accessories for this time.

  22. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Have you checked the cable? is it plugged in properly?

    My toaster connects perfectly fine and even this morning I had two toasts for breakfast... I generally feed the time and date for the toaster to run and like every morning I got my two toasts ready just when I wanted them

    I do have problems connecting my electric toaster to my computer when I use Linux but windows xp works just fine...

    Which OS have you been trying with? I think old electric toasters are not compatible with the new windows vista so you might wanna check that

    Why you are there in every reply?????

    You really have a good humor....
    :52:

    :taz:
    :14:


    you and just4kix looking (like that:3
    anniiee

  23. #23
    Junior Member vineesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anniiee View Post
    Why you are there in every reply?????

    You really have a good humor....
    :52:

    :taz:
    :14:


    you and just4kix looking (like that:3


    ohhhhhhhhhhh i forgot, whos signature but its really helpful now ,

    Whats the point in being Grown up when you don't know how to be a child sometimes
    "Independence is my happiness, the world is my country and my religion is to do good." - Thomas Paine

  24. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vineesh View Post
    ohhhhhhhhhhh i forgot, whos signature but its really helpful now ,

    Whats the point in being Grown up when you don't know how to be a child sometimes
    man i was joking only..

    You didn't understood that???
    Whats the point in being Grown up when you don't know how to be a child sometimes
    anniiee

  25. #25
    Junior Member anuplinux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Can anyone provide me the link to download the driver for my hyundai Accent.
    I kept my laptop right inside the accent, however the device manager said it no NEW hardware found (mine is not new, its 4 years old)

    ... any help

  26. #26
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anuplinux View Post
    Can anyone provide me the link to download the driver for my hyundai Accent.
    I kept my laptop right inside the accent, however the device manager said it no NEW hardware found (mine is not new, its 4 years old)

    ... any help
    Vista or XP or Linux?

    Check with DriverGuide.com (printer drivers, cdrom drivers, modem drivers, sound drivers, mouse drivers, monitor drivers, etc.) - DriverGuide.com.

    On the other hand, you can get a good driver for your Accent for about Rs. 5000 a month.
    Last edited by just4kix; 15th October 2008 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  27. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Javeed you dont need a cooling pad... every laptop comes with a built in cooling fan and that more then enough to keep heat in check.

    All you need to do is open it every 15-20 days and clean it properly and make sure there is no dust covering the heat sink.

    If you use your laptop outdoor you might wanna clean the fan and heat sink every 10 days or so depending upon your usage habbits.

    Do not waste your money on cooling pads.
    Dude, correct me if i'm wrong, but are you talking about opening up the laptop every 15-20 days and cleaning up the fan and heat sink? Not sure i want to do that.
    But on second thoughts, one of my laptop RAM holder is bust and i'm working with 512 instead of 1 on Vista . Visited a coupla shops in Kolkata(where i'm based) but they charge a min of 1k just for touching the stuff. So i think i might have to open things up and take charge myself. Anyone knows where to get laptop spares (ram holders for e.g) and if there are any good guides for doing it on your own? As an FYI, I have an HP dv5120 laptop

  28. #28
    ShAdOwCoN
    Guest

    Default

    There is nothing difficult about opening up your laptop now and then ........

    you seem to be clueless about the insides of the laptop ..... If your "Ram holder" (ram slots ) are nt being detected then there is no way of replacing them .... apart from replacing your motherboard itself (which you cannot do in a laptop)

  29. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1

    Smile

    i think it contain printer,usb hub
    Sale all kind Computer Accessories with cheap prices.

  30. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShAdOwCoN View Post
    There is nothing difficult about opening up your laptop now and then ........

    you seem to be clueless about the insides of the laptop ..... If your "Ram holder" (ram slots ) are nt being detected then there is no way of replacing them .... apart from replacing your motherboard itself (which you cannot do in a laptop)
    That does NOT sound good. . I think i'll just upgrade the one working slot to 2gb and leave the faulty one as it is.

Similar Threads

  1. Ethnic Style Apparels, Fashion Accessories & Jewellery Products India
    By rajrang in forum General offtopic discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th July 2011, 04:19 PM
  2. Bathroom Accessories
    By Transformer in forum Fashion & Lifestyle
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22nd October 2009, 10:53 PM
  3. What are computer accessories ?
    By anniiee in forum Computer Accessories
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 4th November 2008, 03:11 PM
  4. Funky accessories
    By sb21pro in forum Computer Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15th October 2008, 06:25 PM
  5. BSNL Accessories ' quality
    By KRR in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11th September 2007, 06:36 PM