Results 1 to 36 of 36

Task Manager

  1. #1
    Bronze Member parshanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    174

    Thumbs down Task Manager

    When i hold CTRL Alt Del i get the message task manager Disabled ..................... Can my fellow Users hELP.................

  2. #2
    SEOBOT
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parshanth View Post
    When i hold CTRL Alt Del i get the message task manager Disabled ..................... Can my fellow Users hELP.................
    Go to control panel>Administrative tools>services

    or
    Type
    services in Run Command
    Find Task manager.Then Enable it

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    This could be a virus.

    Do you have admin rights on the PC? If yes, try opening 'services.msc' or 'msconfig' in run command. If they too are disabled then your PC is infected.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  4. #4
    SEOBOT
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just4kix View Post
    This could be a virus.

    Do you have admin rights on the PC? If yes, try opening 'services.msc' or 'msconfig' in run command. If they too are disabled then your PC is infected.
    You cannot say its virus it might be because of corrupt redistributed modified windows.
    He might be using modified redistributed version of Windows

  5. #5
    Bronze Member parshanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    174

    Smile

    This is not anything new from the time ;of reformat has been this way.............

  6. #6
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEOBOT View Post
    You cannot say its virus it might be because of corrupt redistributed modified windows.
    He might be using modified redistributed version of Windows
    Please read the post carefully. I said that "this could be a virus problem". I did not say this definitively.

    Something like this happened to me a couple of years back when I tried to use a crack.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    it is a virus
    this disables a lot of sys utl like cmd, regedit,taskmgr

    what u need is another 3d party Tm, run it
    then try to open win TM , now monitor the process, the one with activity is the one stop it, then try again it will work ,
    this is temp,
    for a permanent solution u need to disable it from startup in registry

    NOTE: tm=task manager
    win = windows

  8. #8
    Bronze Member parshanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    174

    Default

    What is 3rd Party TaskM.............Where do i find it..........

  9. #9
    Platinum Member Mr.Tooth Fairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,523

    Default

    google.. search for task manager application.. there are lots..
    Am just the dreamer,,,, I dream my life away..:confused::confused:

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    here

  11. #11
    Bronze Member parshanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    174

    Default

    process explorer is an exe file is tht safe.....................

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    not at all , im a hackker trying hack ur life
    h hahah ahhahah ha ha

  13. #13
    Bronze Member parshanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    174

    Default

    ne reason hehe..............

  14. #14
    Platinum Member Mr.Tooth Fairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,523

    Default

    How u attached tht zip file ere?? Is it uploaded on this server itself?? Can u plz tell me buddy.. Sb21pro
    Am just the dreamer,,,, I dream my life away..:confused::confused:

  15. #15
    Bronze Member parshanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    174

    Default

    When i run the process explorer i get this --
    Process PID CPU Description Company Name
    YMSGR_~1.EXE 2764 Yahoo! Messenger Tray Yahoo! Inc.
    WINWORD.EXE 660 Microsoft Word Microsoft Corporation
    WinRAR.exe 2104
    winlogon.exe 700 Windows NT Logon Application Microsoft Corporation
    wdfmgr.exe 456 Windows User Mode Driver Manager Microsoft Corporation
    uTorrent.exe 856 3.08
    UPSCHD.EXE 2176 Scheduler CAT Computer Services Pvt. Ltd
    System Idle Process 0 90.77
    System 4
    svchost.exe 912 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation
    svchost.exe 988 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation
    svchost.exe 1084 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation
    svchost.exe 1124 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation
    svchost.exe 1172 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation
    svchost.exe 132 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation
    svchost.exe 3284 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation
    spoolsv.exe 1576 Spooler SubSystem App Microsoft Corporation
    SOUNDMAN.EXE 1804 Realtek Sound Manager Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    smss.exe 588 Windows NT Session Manager Microsoft Corporation
    services.exe 744 1.54 Services and Controller app Microsoft Corporation
    SCANWSCS.EXE 1776 Helper Service CAT Computer Services Pvt. Ltd
    SCANMSG.EXE 2244 Bulettin Application CAT Computer Services Pvt. Ltd
    PWRISOVM.EXE 1524 PowerISO Virtual Drive Manager PowerISO Computing, Inc.
    Process Explorer.exe 1356 Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals
    PAStiSvc.exe 1996
    ONLNSVC.EXE 1708 qhonsvc Application CAT Computer Services Pvt. Ltd
    ONLINENT.EXE 2256 Online Protection CAT Computer Services Pvt. Ltd
    msiexec.exe 3364 Windows® installer Microsoft Corporation
    lsass.exe 756 LSA Shell (Export Version) Microsoft Corporation
    LimeWire.exe 2568 LimeWire Lime Wire, LLC
    jusched.exe 1844 Java(TM) Platform SE binary Sun Microsystems, Inc.
    Interrupts n/a Hardware Interrupts
    iexplore.exe 3956 Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation
    explorer.exe 1488 4.62 Windows Explorer Microsoft Corporation
    EMLPROXY.EXE 1748 Mail Protection Service CAT Computer Services Pvt. Ltd.
    EMLPROUI.EXE 2056 Email Protection CAT Computer Services Pvt. Ltd
    DPCs n/a Deferred Procedure Calls
    ctfmon.exe 2468 CTF Loader Microsoft Corporation
    csrss.exe 676 Client Server Runtime Process Microsoft Corporation

    Process: Procexp Pid: -2

    Type Name
    What do i do now..................

  16. #16
    SEOBOT
    Guest

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by sb21pro View Post
    not at all , im a hackker trying hack ur life
    h hahah ahhahah ha ha
    Thats not a joke .

    Quote Originally Posted by parshanth View Post
    When i run the process explorer i get this --
    Process PID CPU Description Company Name
    YMSGR_~1.EXE 2764 Yahoo! Messenger Tray Yahoo! Inc.
    WINWORD.EXE 660 Microsoft Word Microsoft Corporation
    WinRAR.exe 2104
    winlogon.exe 700 Windows NT Logon Application Microsoft Corporation
    wdfmgr.exe 456 Windows User Mode Driver Manager Microsoft Corporation
    uTorrent.exe 856 3.08
    UPSCHD.EXE 2176 Scheduler CAT Computer Services Pvt. Ltd
    System Idle Process 0 90.77
    System 4
    svchost.exe 912 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation
    svchost.exe 988 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation
    svchost.exe 1084 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation
    svchost.exe 1124 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation
    svchost.exe 1172 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation
    svchost.exe 132 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation
    svchost.exe 3284 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation
    spoolsv.exe 1576 Spooler SubSystem App Microsoft Corporation
    SOUNDMAN.EXE 1804 Realtek Sound Manager Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    smss.exe 588 Windows NT Session Manager Microsoft Corporation
    services.exe 744 1.54 Services and Controller app Microsoft Corporation
    SCANWSCS.EXE 1776 Helper Service CAT Computer Services Pvt. Ltd
    SCANMSG.EXE 2244 Bulettin Application CAT Computer Services Pvt. Ltd
    PWRISOVM.EXE 1524 PowerISO Virtual Drive Manager PowerISO Computing, Inc.
    Process Explorer.exe 1356 Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals
    PAStiSvc.exe 1996
    ONLNSVC.EXE 1708 qhonsvc Application CAT Computer Services Pvt. Ltd
    ONLINENT.EXE 2256 Online Protection CAT Computer Services Pvt. Ltd
    msiexec.exe 3364 Windows® installer Microsoft Corporation
    lsass.exe 756 LSA Shell (Export Version) Microsoft Corporation
    LimeWire.exe 2568 LimeWire Lime Wire, LLC
    jusched.exe 1844 Java(TM) Platform SE binary Sun Microsystems, Inc.
    Interrupts n/a Hardware Interrupts
    iexplore.exe 3956 Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation
    explorer.exe 1488 4.62 Windows Explorer Microsoft Corporation
    EMLPROXY.EXE 1748 Mail Protection Service CAT Computer Services Pvt. Ltd.
    EMLPROUI.EXE 2056 Email Protection CAT Computer Services Pvt. Ltd
    DPCs n/a Deferred Procedure Calls
    ctfmon.exe 2468 CTF Loader Microsoft Corporation
    csrss.exe 676 Client Server Runtime Process Microsoft Corporation

    Process: Procexp Pid: -2

    Type Name
    What do i do now..................
    following software loads only the process table by using Windows API function - win32_process(paramters).

    Now tell me whats the relation of task manager being disabled with this?
    Last edited by SEOBOT; 24th September 2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    @ milan
    you can attach zip file here, just like any other

    @ prashant
    did u follow the other steps i told u?
    i wd hav told u the exact process but i dont remember

    @seobot
    a virus under svchost disable some features like tksmgr
    now if u stop it , then u will able to sue them(TM..)

    but still needs to be removed from startup

  18. #18
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,197

    Default

    I faced same problem few months back on windows xp where all my admin functions got blocked with error something like
    you need admin permissions to access taskmngr.exe
    and after this my firefox browser started laughing with error
    can not access orkut.com you fool

    i tried lot many things and finally reinstalled windows after making proper backup in one external drive

  19. #19
    Bronze Member parshanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    174

    Default

    You Say what u need is another 3d party Tm, run it
    then try to open win TM , now monitor the process, the one with activity is the one stop it, then try again it will work ,
    this is temp,
    for a permanent solution u need to disable it from startup in registry
    Sb21pro But .........What is 3rd Party TaskM.............Where do i find That..........Can u explain..................

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    the one i gave u!!, not exactly a tm, but it will do

  21. #21
    Bronze Member parshanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    174

    Thumbs down

    the one u gave me has a window popping thts the end of it.......

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    just spent some time understand it, ok then u will know what to do ( watch the process used cpu)

  23. #23
    Dragon
    Guest

    Default

    the only help i could be is suggesting you the shortcut for the Task Manager (Once you get it enabled). The shortcut is

    Cntl+Shift+Esc

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    and ALT + CTRL + DEL

  25. #25
    Dragon
    Guest

    Default

    By Alt+Cnt+Del you found many options like lock computer, log off, shut down etc. while Cntl+Shift+Esc is a direct shortcut for Task Manager.

    Try to try it!

  26. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    its in vista , right?
    i m talking abt xp, ur key works as well

  27. #27
    Dragon
    Guest

    Default

    I think I am using XP

    Have you tried my shortcut, whats the output?

  28. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    as i said it works, i think ur g-policy has been modified , normally a+c+d should directly open TM

  29. #29
    Dragon
    Guest

    Default

    okie docki

  30. #30
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    138

    Default

    The possible reason is the deadly malware installed in your computer.I would recommend you to use Trojan hunter free evaluation to remove the malware.

  31. #31
    vish
    Guest

    Default

    First clean virus

  32. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parshanth View Post
    When i hold CTRL Alt Del i get the message task manager Disabled ..................... Can my fellow Users hELP.................
    This could be because of virus problem just reinstall the windows

  33. #33
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    @naveenyob
    member @Prashanth seems to have formatted the system. ( and possibly reinstalled Windows )
    http://www.indiabroadband.net/bsnl-b...ard-guide.html

    Also inactive for more than a year. You may not get a response.

    Usually when the thread starter does not reply/respond say within a week/ or month , it is presumed the problem has been solved.

    Para two:
    Say I have the same problem, (Task Manager missing )then I can revive this thread, after trying the suggestions given earlier.

    Just ,would like to know, how you selected this thread to post your comments.
    Better idea will be to see the posts for last two days or a week/month and post a solution/suggestion/comments.
    Check "Archives" link at the bottom of this forum page.

  34. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default

    thank you i am getting same problem

  35. #35
    LEARNER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15,263

    Default

    @suryamj
    thank you i am getting same problem
    1.
    Did you try the solutions/suggestions/given in earlier posts ?
    summarise please.
    2.
    Mention your OS.
    3.
    Your level/confidence about computer tweaking.
    4.
    Brief history of the SAME problem.

  36. #36
    The Wizard meetdilip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,776

    Default

    1. Run a full system scan.

    2. Try cleaning using CA Yahoo Antispy.

    3. Which antivirus do you use ? Try Avast or Avira.

    4. Try Anvir Task Manager Free and fix the issue.

Similar Threads

  1. Task Schedular
    By talktoanil in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 15th November 2009, 10:47 AM
  2. Increasing Task Manager Functionality in Windows XP
    By sharadkumar in forum Windows
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29th August 2009, 07:46 PM
  3. Task manager
    By shebal in forum Computer Security
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 3rd June 2009, 04:38 PM
  4. What a cumbersome task
    By tkraju in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23rd February 2008, 07:48 AM
  5. Unable to run Schedule task
    By rajat.pay in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th November 2006, 10:07 AM