Results 1 to 15 of 15

Which one are you using?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    56

    Default Which one are you using?

    I am presently using TATA Sky and i would say that they are very good in terms of quality and also they are offering very good services at right prices. i am very much happy with them.

    What about you. Which one are you using and how do you like it?

  2. #2
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    This topic has been spawned on many other threads. I have two DishTV connections under the multi-TV plan. My plan is Dish Maxi and I pay Rs. 4594/- all inclusive for a year for both connections. Besides that in Maharashtra there is entertainment tax of Rs. 450 per year.

    I am reasonably satisfied with DishTV but they are not showing NDTV imagine (negotiatons are on, they tell me) and Neo Sports.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    44

    Default

    I am using Dish TV at my farm house and i am very much happy with it. I am getting all the channels i liek to watch but some there is problem with the signal otherwise it is a very good one.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Right now i am using DishTV. I am not that much satisfied with there service as it is not that much good as TATA Sky is providing. I would go for the TATA Sky in a month or two.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    76

    Default

    I am not using any Satellite service but i am planing to go for one in short time. I have noticed that people are not that much satisfied with any of the present Satellite TV service provider. So i would do a little research before i would go for one...

  6. #6
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xibit View Post
    I am not using any Satellite service but i am planing to go for one in short time. I have noticed that people are not that much satisfied with any of the present Satellite TV service provider. So i would do a little research before i would go for one...
    DishTV or TataSky - anyone is definitely better than our "friendly neighbourhood cablewala" or better call him "fiendly neighbourhood cablewala".
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  7. #7
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    691

    Default

    I had actually used both. I was on dish tv previously but when tata launched with good channels and better price, i decided to switch to tata but now i am ruing that decision, as they are also not up to the mark. Both tata sky and dish tv have a poor customer service. I feel it is better to stick with cable tv!!

  8. #8
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    My 7 years experience with cable TV was very poor.

    a) Apart from 20 odd channels in C, S and Hyperband many other channels were grainy. These were transmitted on the UHF band. The channels I liked (Disc/AP/NatGeo), were on UHF.

    b) Discovery, Cartoon Network and a few others were shown in Hindi. I have no quarrel with Hindi but I believe that programs are best in their native language.

    c) Overall quality was bad and the channels were often switched from one frequency to another.

    d) Rates were being charged and changed at will. Cablewalla had absolute monopoly in the area and no other operator was allowed.

    The only good thing about cable (without CAS) was that I could tune my VCR to cable channels and record one channel while watching another at the same time. This is not possible with a STB. Now that CAS is being implemented, that advantage is also gone.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just4kix View Post
    My 7 years experience with cable TV was very poor.

    a) Apart from 20 odd channels in C, S and Hyperband many other channels were grainy. These were transmitted on the UHF band. The channels I liked (Disc/AP/NatGeo), were on UHF.

    b) Discovery, Cartoon Network and a few others were shown in Hindi. I have no quarrel with Hindi but I believe that programs are best in their native language.

    c) Overall quality was bad and the channels were often switched from one frequency to another.

    d) Rates were being charged and changed at will. Cablewalla had absolute monopoly in the area and no other operator was allowed.

    The only good thing about cable (without CAS) was that I could tune my VCR to cable channels and record one channel while watching another at the same time. This is not possible with a STB. Now that CAS is being implemented, that advantage is also gone.
    Looks like now i have to speed up my research for good and best satellite TV service provider but still i agree as they are 100% true.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I am presently using DishTV and it is a good one i am satisfied with this one but i would like if they offer some more good packages with some good channels.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    55

    Default

    I am not using any satellite TV connection right now but i am planing to get one and as per the views of member on this forum i think i should go for tATA sky....but still would update once i get a new connection.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I am using dishtv for the past 4 years and pretty much happy with their performance and if we see what they offer at that time and now its terrific. No regrets , its good exp all the way and pretty much satisfied.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xwhyz View Post
    I had actually used both. I was on dish tv previously but when tata launched with good channels and better price, i decided to switch to tata but now i am ruing that decision, as they are also not up to the mark. Both tata sky and dish tv have a poor customer service. I feel it is better to stick with cable tv!!
    What exactly was the problem with both the services? How is the quality of service and the interaction? What is the problem with the customer services? Do you have to call to their customer care centre and register a complain or is there any other way?

  14. #14
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swapsmac View Post
    What exactly was the problem with both the services? How is the quality of service and the interaction? What is the problem with the customer services? Do you have to call to their customer care centre and register a complain or is there any other way?
    My main issues with DishTv are:

    a) They do not send any hardcopy of invoices/payments; nor is it sent to my email.
    b) They are not showing channels such as BBC Entertainment, Neo Sports and NDTV Imagine.
    c) Their STB is not up to the mark - it is difficult to qualify and quantify this statement; just that I do not like it. I am used to Comcast, USA and BSkyB UK and I found their's very intuitive, helpful and user friendly.

    Here TataSky scores - expecially on points (b) and (c).

    Otherwise the video/audio quality is as good as any; all channels have an acceptable level of clarity. Sometime ago there were some channels such as TCM, MGM which has audio sync problems but these are gone now.

    The DishTV customer care center is quite approachable and I had no problems in getting through. The wait time was never more than 2~3 minutes. I had to call them very few times (3 times) in the last 2 years for genuine complaints. On two other occasions, I called them up for MOD inquiries.

    I am able to renew my subscription on their website using my Credit card. The web site is content protected.

    In my opinion, Tata Sky is slightly better in terms of channel packages but are slightly on expensive side also. On all other counts, I think both are at par.

    On a side note do not get fooled by any of the advertising gimmicks by Tata or DishTV. When you closely inspect the details and fine print it makes no difference. The discounts are offered to new customers only and people do get fooled by promises of low installation costs, etc. The idea is to get the customer hooked in and this the practice is based on the shaving razor/shaving blades theory.

    Abroad (in US, Europe, etc.) when you sign up for a annual contract, the equipment is given free of charge and sometimes installation is also free. Here there is a lot of tomfoolery. For example, the cable cost may be free up to a length of 10~20 meters only. If you live on 3rd floor and your dish is to be installed on the terrace on 20th floor, there will be additional charges for cable.

    But this is just me. Others may have different opinions.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I am using Tata Sky and its very good and the customer service are also good.
    raycreationsindia.com