Thread: O General ac
- 9th April 2007 #1
O General ac
Yesterday I ordered an ac for my room which is on the second floor and sun light falls on the walls all throughout the day.I bought an o general 2 ton split ac as its a large room and has for some 2000-2500 watts of electronic equipment running most of the time and a small fridge.The dimensions are 18ft X 16ft and has two windows (double glazed) of 4ft X 6ft each and has got plain glass with blinds, the room normally just have one occupant.
I have been advised by the shop guy after inspection that I would need a 2ton ac and he said Ogeneral is the best one available so I was wondering if any of you guys know about airconditioners who can second this? Coz in the rest of my house I have got 9 years old 1.5 ton voltas units and they been running steady for the last 9 years and this guy says nothing beats Ogeneral for some reason, is this true? coz the cost is almost double
- 12th April 2007 #2
Never mind Ive made a decision and got an Ogeneral 2 ton split ac and I think its better then voltas in every aspect,It makes less noise and I feel the cooling capasity is great as compared to the aging voltas I have got in the rest of my house.
Did anyone know that the cost of electricity is the highest in India Its almost double of what I pay in UK.
- 12th April 2007 #3
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
Yes i have Ogeneral ac in my house too .It's 1.5 ton. As u rightly said it's costly but the cooling capacity is extremely good so it's the best
- 12th April 2007 #4
High watt rates
I suppose AC will consume about more 2 watts (maybe more) and rates are high in india.I read in newspaper that rates in metro mubai of electricity are double than US cities and other cities.The rate of per watt in gujarat is abt Rs.6 and in metro cities it is more tha this.I dont know what the bureacrats and ministers are doing.They dont worry abt this all bcz govt provides tham FREE A.C's
- 16th September 2008 #5
You mean 2 units of electricity per hour... ? not 2 watts.. its more like 2700 watts.
- 17th September 2008 #6
OGeneral, never heard of such a brand. But, recently, I got a Voltas 1.5 Ton split Ac, Never been so happy.
- 17th September 2008 #7
O general is new in India but they are considered to be the bet airconditioners in the world... better then carrier and Hitachi and all that.. Half of middle east has Ogenerals so must be something good about them and mine is running pretty well aswell.
- 17th September 2008 #8
I am from the Middle_East too, I have Never seen, Hang-On, Now I remember this, You see AC's are so common that We don't even bother to see which Brand, it is.!
P.S Actually Voltas AC's are running very nicely, In the Middle-east, recently, My dad supplied Hundreds of AC's to the University Of Bahrain.
- 17th September 2008 #9
If the wattage says 2500W it means that it will consume 2500W when cooling, i.e., when compressor is on. If the compressor is on for the full hour it will consume 2.5Kwh or 2.5 units.
That is why it is necessary that you take some simple steps to ensure maximum cooling using least power:
- install the outdoor unit in a shade; avoid it being exposed to the direct (delhi) sunlight
- have heavy and dark curtains on the windows
- if possible apply a dark film on glass panes
- you have already done double glazing; that is good
- close the room door when AC is working
- a temp setting of 27°C and 25°C is hardly discernible to human body but a 2° higher temperature may save 2/3 units over a 12 hour run.
This will ensure that room once cooled does not loose its coldness soon. That will make the AC compressor work less and it will also increase its life while lowering bills. When compressor is not working, only the blower fan is working. Fan consumes nor more than 300W.
- 17th September 2008 #10
WoW!! I din't know that the, AC Fan saves a lot of power, will try that next time.
- By Admin in forum Suggestions and ComplaintsReplies: 30Last Post: 14th December 2009, 09:33 PM
- By rammohan in forum BSNL broadbandReplies: 5Last Post: 16th July 2009, 08:07 PM
- By saurav_k in forum General offtopic discussionsReplies: 15Last Post: 29th June 2009, 04:04 PM
- By ShAdOwCoN in forum Desktop ComputerReplies: 1Last Post: 16th December 2008, 12:37 AM
- By xwhyz in forum General offtopic discussionsReplies: 2Last Post: 27th February 2008, 09:06 AM