- Determine the type of physical activity that suits your life style.
- Regular aerobic exercise like brisk walking, jogging or swimming, is a key factor in achieving permanent weight loss and improving health
- Health experts recommend exercising 30 minutes or more on all, days of the week for maximum benefits. The exercises should be moderately vigorous to be most effective but not exhausting.
- Incorporate few simple measures to burn calories effectively. Like- taking an after dinner walk, using stairs instead of escalators or elevators, parking the car farther away to have a longer walk etc.
- Exercises also improve sense of well being ,decreases stress and decreases appetite in some.
To decrease weight and get rid of obesity three things must be kept in mind:
- Controlling eating habits.
- Regular exercise.
- Avoiding the causes of weight gain
Diet recommended to lose weight
- Juice of half a lemon mixed in a glass of warm water and a teaspoon of honey. (Trust me that work)
- Wheat or Mung bean sprouts and a cup of skimmed milk.
- A glass of orange, pineapple or carrot juice.
- Salad of raw vegetables such as carrot, beet, cucumber, cabbage, tomatoes. Steamed or boiled vegetables
- Whole grain bread or whole wheat chapatis (Indian bread) and a glass of buttermilk.
- Roasted cumin seeds, green coriander leaves, a little salt and some grated ginger mixed in the buttermilk.
- Coconut water
- Dry fruits
- Lemon Tea
- Fresh vegetable soup
- Whole grain bread or chapatis
- Steamed vegetables
- Seasonal fruits except banana and apple.
Home Remedies for Losing Weight
- Increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables and low calorie foods.
- Avoid intake of too much salt as it may be a factor for increasing body weight.
- Milk products like cheese, butter etc. and non-vegetarian foods should be avoided as they are rich in fat.
- Mint is very beneficial in losing weight. A chutney of green mint with some simple spices can be taken with meals. Mint tea also helps.
- Spices like dry ginger, cinnamon, black pepper etc. are good for loosing weight and can be used in a number of ways.
- Regular intake of carrot juice.
- Avoid rice and potato, which contain a lot of carbohydrates. Among cereals wheat is good.
- Vegetables like bitter gourd (Karela), and bitter variety of drumstick are useful in loosing weight.
- Honey is an excellent home remedy for obesity. It mobilizes the extra deposited fat in the body allowing it to be utilized as energy for normal functions. Dosage: One should start with small quantity of about 10 grams or a tablespoon, taken with hot water early in the morning. A teaspoonful of fresh lemon juice may also be added.
- Fasting on honey and lime- juice is highly beneficial in the treatment of obesity without the loss of energy and appetite. For this, mix one teaspoon of fresh honey with the juice of half a lime in a glass of lukewarm water.Dosage: Take several times a day at regular intervals.
- Raw or cooked cabbage inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. Hence, it is of great value in weight reduction.
- Exercise is an important part of any weight reduction plan. It helps to use up calories stored in body as fat.
- Walking is the best exercise to begin with and may be followed by running, swimming or rowing.
- The gum of Commiphora Mukul called 'guggulu' is the drug of choice for the treatment of obesity.