Results 1 to 14 of 14

How To Learn English?

  1. #1
    Bronze Member Transformer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    240

    Default How To Learn English?

    How To Learn English!

    There are hundreds of languages prevalent in many countries across the world, but it is the English language that finds favor among most people. Why does the English language have so much of prominence? Well, English is the only language that is spoken by over three fourths the population of the world and it is the only language that helps connect every human being. English has been recognized and accepted as a universal language. Moreover, the internet revolution requires users to be proficient in the English language as everything on the internet is in English.

    People who are not proficient with English find it embarrassing to speak the language. They are afraid they will commit grammatical errors while speaking. If you want to speak English flawlessly then you need to learn the language. Here are some time proven tips that are sure shot ways to help you learn English.

    The only way to master the language is to speak it out loud. Dispel all fears and keep in mind that practice is required to learn English. When ever the opportunity arises speak in English without fear. The next step for learning English is to get hold of lots of English movies and start watching them. Turn on your television and watch all the English programs and sitcoms and pay close attention to notice how the words are spoken. You can listen to lots of English songs too. When ever an opportunity arises ensure you make an attempt to speak in the language. Itís ok if you make mistakes, they can always be corrected. It is important you learn how to express yourself correctly in the language to help you master it.

    Load your library with plenty of good English story books and novels. Reading them will enable you to learn the language faster. Pick up magazines and read. The more you read the faster you learn the language. Reading allows you to think and this makes learning to speak the English language without errors faster. Keep a dictionary at hand when ever you encounter a difficult word and donít now the meaning. Write it down in a notebook if required so you can make quick reference in future if necessary.

    To master the English language acquiring grammar skills is a must. To improve your grammar and vocabulary take plenty of written exercises in the language. Like it has been pointed out earlier, Reading and more reading plays a very important part when it comes to learning the language. Let me explain how reading helps you to learn English.

    When you start to read an article in English, you actually make an effort to try and understand what the writer is trying to tell you. New words will be encountered and this will instill the need to find out their meanings for better comprehension. This enables you to learn more words and your proficiency in the English language also improves. Of course you should use the new found words in your speech. Learning and using new words will help improve your communication skills. There are plenty of resources out there which can help you learn the English language. Your best resource is the internet.


    If you want to learn the English language you donít have to look far. Itís right there on the internet. Many websites on the internet are offering free English lessons to interested people. Just Google for Free English lessons and you will have many websites springing up on your monitor. This is very beneficial for those who cannot afford to pay for classes. People who are hard pressed for time but would love to learn the English language also stand to benefit as they can do so from the comforts of their home at their own leisure. The lessons on the internet and web portals are available 24/7, so it matters not if you have night shift and can only study at your leisure.

    The free online English lessons include reading, writing, spelling, grammar and speaking the English language. If you are dedicated and ensure that you follow all the instructions provided on the web portal, do your home work diligently, it will be a matter of time before you become proficient in the English language. Soon, you will be on your way to writing articles on the internet.

  2. #2
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,144

    Default How to learn English.

    I would recommend taking tuition from Aashaka.

    -F

  3. #3
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    And you know what? You may invent a new language!! :lol:
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  4. #4
    Silver Member NrN Kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    337

    Default

    ^^ :lol: She is not seen here these days...

    @transforner-i think people who can read your post already know english
    Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone!!

  5. #5
    oshhh
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NrN Kill View Post
    ^^ :lol: She is not seen here these days...

    @transforner-i think people who can read your post already know english
    She's in Kenya, for holidays.
    Last edited by oshhh; 19th October 2009 at 01:21 AM.

  6. #6
    Gold Member Logik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    723

    Default

    The next step for learning English is to get hold of lots of English movies and start watching them.
    This may have one side effect. u might easily catch up the slang in movie. somthing similar happened to me few time back.
    BSNL Stands 4 : Bhai Sahab Nahi Lagega:D

  7. #7
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    Transformer has given good thought material (I think he is Parminder in disguise )

    If you wish to improve English, start reading P G Wodehouse. My most sincere advice.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  8. #8
    bubble
    Guest

    Default

    You must never be affraid to use a new language. There is a saying that 'if you don't use it, you lose it'. Who cares if you get it wrong, it's all part of learning.

  9. #9
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bubble View Post
    You must never be affraid to use a new language. There is a saying that 'if you don't use it, you lose it'. Who cares if you get it wrong, it's all part of learning.
    como esta amiga

    -F

  10. #10
    Bronze Member Kangaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    219

    Default

    For speaking fluently in English, youi must make it a habit to think in English and talk instead of thinking in your mother tongue and then translating it into English while speaking!!

  11. #11
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroo View Post
    For speaking fluently in English, youi must make it a habit to think in English and talk instead of thinking in your mother tongue and then translating it into English while speaking!!


    Kangaroo sis very correct telling, all like that doing, English easily can learn.

    -F

    [kangaroo akka romba sariya sonnanga, ellorum appadiye saenja English
    sulabama kathukkalaam]

  12. #12
    Bronze Member Kangaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punch Farce View Post
    Kangaroo sis very correct telling, all like that doing, English easily can learn.

    -F

    [kangaroo akka romba sariya sonnanga, ellorum appadiye saenja English
    sulabama kathukkalaam]
    Thanx Farce, for approving my suggestion !!

  13. #13
    Jedi knight Luke Skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Kangaroo is right but speaking English & speaking grammatically correct English are both different.
    I can think in English but I still have trouble practicing latter. ( unless its a exam!).

  14. #14
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transformer View Post
    How To Learn English!

    There are hundreds of languages prevalent in many countries across the world, but it is the English language that finds favor among most people. Why does the English language have so much of prominence? Well, English is the only language that is spoken by over three fourths the population of the world and it is the only language that helps connect every human being. English has been recognized and accepted as a universal language. Moreover, the internet revolution requires users to be proficient in the English language as everything on the internet is in English.

    People who are not proficient with English find it embarrassing to speak the language. They are afraid they will commit grammatical errors while speaking. If you want to speak English flawlessly then you need to learn the language. Here are some time proven tips that are sure shot ways to help you learn English.

    The only way to master the language is to speak it out loud. Dispel all fears and keep in mind that practice is required to learn English. When ever the opportunity arises speak in English without fear. The next step for learning English is to get hold of lots of English movies and start watching them. Turn on your television and watch all the English programs and sitcoms and pay close attention to notice how the words are spoken. You can listen to lots of English songs too. When ever an opportunity arises ensure you make an attempt to speak in the language. It’s ok if you make mistakes, they can always be corrected. It is important you learn how to express yourself correctly in the language to help you master it.

    Load your library with plenty of good English story books and novels. Reading them will enable you to learn the language faster. Pick up magazines and read. The more you read the faster you learn the language. Reading allows you to think and this makes learning to speak the English language without errors faster. Keep a dictionary at hand when ever you encounter a difficult word and don’t now the meaning. Write it down in a notebook if required so you can make quick reference in future if necessary.

    To master the English language acquiring grammar skills is a must. To improve your grammar and vocabulary take plenty of written exercises in the language. Like it has been pointed out earlier, Reading and more reading plays a very important part when it comes to learning the language. Let me explain how reading helps you to learn English.

    When you start to read an article in English, you actually make an effort to try and understand what the writer is trying to tell you. New words will be encountered and this will instill the need to find out their meanings for better comprehension. This enables you to learn more words and your proficiency in the English language also improves. Of course you should use the new found words in your speech. Learning and using new words will help improve your communication skills. There are plenty of resources out there which can help you learn the English language. Your best resource is the internet.


    If you want to learn the English language you don’t have to look far. It’s right there on the internet. Many websites on the internet are offering free English lessons to interested people. Just Google for Free English lessons and you will have many websites springing up on your monitor. This is very beneficial for those who cannot afford to pay for classes. People who are hard pressed for time but would love to learn the English language also stand to benefit as they can do so from the comforts of their home at their own leisure. The lessons on the internet and web portals are available 24/7, so it matters not if you have night shift and can only study at your leisure.

    The free online English lessons include reading, writing, spelling, grammar and speaking the English language. If you are dedicated and ensure that you follow all the instructions provided on the web portal, do your home work diligently, it will be a matter of time before you become proficient in the English language. Soon, you will be on your way to writing articles on the internet.
    Very good man, I wanted to give you repo, but it says no repo is given to this post, & I'm not able to give it. But I have to say you have written very nicely. Last part bit gone to offtopic (Advantage of internet)....but its alright!
    Sad or Fever, Smile Forever!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Need notes to learn linux
    By raunak.miranda in forum Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2nd May 2013, 09:38 PM
  2. Things you can learn from Bollywood
    By zoooni in forum Bollywood movies
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19th June 2012, 10:44 PM
  3. Learn English
    By m.manzoor2007 in forum General offtopic discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11th September 2010, 05:13 AM
  4. On line tool to learn spoken english
    By panchabhut in forum News from the Tech and IT World
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19th February 2009, 10:23 PM