Results 1 to 17 of 17

Which is fastest 3G mobile braodband operator in NEW DELHI?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21

    Angry Which is fastest 3G mobile braodband operator in NEW DELHI?

    Hello Guys,
    I want to know which is best 3G mobile broadband service provider in NEW DELHI. Specially speed wise i can compromise cost over speed. so please let me know which operator provide fastest 3G connection in New Delhi Area.
    I have used Tata Photon Plus and currently using Airtel but hardly get the speed they promised . Tata Phton Plus is the worst i think it gave me speed some thing like avg 90-100 kbps some time 150-160 kbps actual download speed. Airtel speed is avg 200-250 kbps some time touched 400 kbps download speed.

  2. #2
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,500

    Default

    You probably mean KB/s not kbps I guess but if you indeed mean kbps then there is something seriously wrong with your set up or the way you measure speed.

    I have seen better speeds with Reliance 3G in Delhi but the only one I use now is MTNL 3G as its the cheapest option and very decent data limits unlike other companies. Speed with Mtnl is not that good though.

  3. #3
    Platinum Member Preeti_20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,014

    Default

    Airtel has very good speeds, how do you use your connection as in you use it just on your mobile or connect it to your laptop? If your using it on your laptop its better to connect it using the cable as you will get better speeds.

    You can try Reliance as you would get good speeds with that too.

  4. #4
    Silver Member Tubelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    448

    Default

    MTNL give good speeds, the prices are reasonable too, although you said that you can compromise cost!

    I would also recommend you asking what others are using in your area, so you can get an idea of what kind of speeds users are getting from different service providers.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    You probably mean KB/s not kbps I guess but if you indeed mean kbps then there is something seriously wrong with your set up or the way you measure speed.

    I have seen better speeds with Reliance 3G in Delhi but the only one I use now is MTNL 3G as its the cheapest option and very decent data limits unlike other companies. Speed with Mtnl is not that good though.
    ya you guess right . Its KB/s . What actual download speed u getting in reliance 3G?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21

    Default

    by using Airtel Data-card.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tubelight View Post
    MTNL give good speeds, the prices are reasonable too, although you said that you can compromise cost!

    I would also recommend you asking what others are using in your area, so you can get an idea of what kind of speeds users are getting from different service providers.
    i don't find MTLNL have good speed. i saw so many bad review of MTNL . The only thing is that it has low cost plan.

  8. #8
    Platinum Member Preeti_20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,014

    Default

    Have you tried using the connection in a different place in the house, sometimes a different room in the same house can make a big difference to the speed to you.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Preeti_20 View Post
    Have you tried using the connection in a different place in the house, sometimes a different room in the same house can make a big difference to the speed to you.
    No significant change i found. only getting 60-70% signal strength every where some time below this( in fact signal fluctuate very much) although no problem with 2G signal it always high 90% + . Only getting high speed download either in mid night or in early morning time.

  10. #10
    Junior Member ChickenTikka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    91

    Default

    It simply maybe due to your location, which is why your not getting good signal strength and the desired speed.

    Is this is something which has happened from the day you started using the 3G connection then its because of your locations, but if its something which has happened recently then you can try contacting Airtel, maybe they can suggest something!

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenTikka View Post
    It simply maybe due to your location, which is why your not getting good signal strength and the desired speed.

    Is this is something which has happened from the day you started using the 3G connection then its because of your locations, but if its something which has happened recently then you can try contacting Airtel, maybe they can suggest something!
    Customer support have only one answer " This can be a temporary problem " or suggesting some undesired tweaks. I don't know Why they sell connection when that location have no proper coverage.? They only know how to collect bill by making lots of call . anyway Airtel is much better than Tata Photon + so called number one in 3G services. At least they advertise as such.
    Now my next will be Reliance 3G. i am going to give it a try. Lets see what actual download speed they are providing in my Area.
    can any one suggest me what will be better to purchase 3.1 mbps or 7.2 mbps datacard? for Reliance 3G connection.

  12. #12
    Junior Member ChickenTikka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Its true customer service have that answer, but sometimes its worth letting them know, because there may be a solution. Also if its a postpaid connection, then you should make sure they know about the slow speeds and that your paying the full amount and not getting the speeds which are mentioned according to the plan.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Airtel has good speed, but their plans suck!

  14. #14
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeff View Post
    ya you guess right . Its KB/s . What actual download speed u getting in reliance 3G?
    I dont use a Reliance sim any more but while I was using it I was getting 6-7mbps. My usage is a lot so using Reliance does not make sense for me purely due to cost. I use Mtnl 3G now and have two connection and it is cheap.

  15. #15
    Platinum Member Preeti_20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dagasaheb View Post
    Airtel has good speed, but their plans suck!
    True the speed and coverage is excellent but the costs is high especially for the amount of data they provide.

  16. #16
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    237

    Default

    It all depends upon your location, but I think MTNL and BSNL would have good coverage in all areas of Delhi and they also provide good speeds too.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    68

    Default

    MTNL indeed is a good option. You can give it a try. It is slightly expensive than the others in the market, but then you said cost is not an issue for you. Check out MTNL and let me know how you find it. I have been using it for the last few months and I do find it great.

Similar Threads

  1. Mobile operator for Maharashtra with good 3G service
    By Masti in forum Mobile broadband
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 1st August 2014, 08:01 PM
  2. best mobile 3G plan for mobile in delhi
    By imgame in forum Mobile broadband
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 4th July 2013, 05:34 PM
  3. Best Mobile Braodband???
    By AmitTeli in forum Mobile broadband
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19th March 2010, 05:30 PM
  4. Fastest and Best Mobile Broadband Option ?
    By poseidon in forum Mobile broadband
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th October 2009, 10:50 PM
  5. which is the fastest mobile net browser phone in the mart?
    By mickey in forum Software News, Previews and Reviews
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 8th January 2009, 08:49 PM