Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By waqsi
  • 1 Post By panchabhut

Flipkart sets record by selling five lakh handsets in 10 hours!

  1. #1
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default Flipkart sets record by selling five lakh handsets in 10 hours!

    Flipkart the e-commerce major based at Bangalore, India set a new record by selling half a million handsets in just ten hours as a part of their ongoing Big Billion Day Sale. The sale started on 13th October and will be over by 17th October 2015.

    Big cities like Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai led the show. It is quite interesting that 75% of the handsets sold was of 4G enabled ones. This shows the high demand for 4G in India. The company boasts of 50 million registered users with 10 million daily visits.

    I think it is only a beginning and by the end of 17th October we can see new records in the sale of mobile handsets through Flipkart.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    40

    Default

    I'm somewhat not sure about their claims! What is the source of this information - news, media, their website or something of similar sort? What is the their margin on the sale with claimed huge discount? Do you know any of such insider news. If yes - please share. If not, I think it's just a marketing gimmick.

  3. #3
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    215

    Default

    I don't think those figures are true, to be honest. I feel these figures are stated just to create hype in the market, in order to get some attention. I just hate the flash sale system going on various E-commerce portals, which is like a trend now a days. Waiting for a long time to purchase a commodity even after having cash at hand seems disgusting to me.

  4. #4
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default

    I also feel that there is some foul play going on. They are just trying to attract more customers, especially when they say 75% people opted for 4G handset, it is somewhat indigestible. The news spread like wildfire which is actually a press release by the Flipkart management.

    But I heard that people getting nice deals on Big Billion Day Sale. On the 4th days of the sale, they are offering premium speakers from Harman Kardon Aura Wireless speaker at just Rs.17,990 (MRP Rs.29,984) which is a good 40% discount. Another one is Harmon Kardon Onyx wireless speaker with a builtin rechargable battery for Rs.19,989/- (MRP Rs.3,990/-)

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webworld View Post
    Another one is Harmon Kardon Onyx wireless speaker with a builtin rechargable battery for Rs.19,989/- (MRP Rs.3,990/-)
    Did you really mean MRP Rs. 3,990/-?

    If yes, that does not sound like a discount!

  6. #6
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anuj Dhawan View Post
    Did you really mean MRP Rs. 3,990/-?

    If yes, that does not sound like a discount!
    Lol! Anyways, Flipkart is one of the fastest growing online shopping portal, and it has really made a good reputation in the hearts of customers. Their service is as good as rest of the big similar companies such as Amazon, Ebay etc. I have always been satisfied with their services and I have made many purchases from it.
    However, I feel the above mentioned records sound like just a hype to me and I don't really think that any such stats are really true. In fact, I just hate those flash sales system and I think it's better to make an open sale for the products. That would be much better and satisfactory.
    webworld likes this.

  7. #7
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waqsi View Post
    Lol! Anyways, Flipkart is one of the fastest growing online shopping portal, and it has really made a good reputation in the hearts of customers. Their service is as good as rest of the big similar companies such as Amazon, Ebay etc. I have always been satisfied with their services and I have made many purchases from it.
    However, I feel the above mentioned records sound like just a hype to me and I don't really think that any such stats are really true. In fact, I just hate those flash sales system and I think it's better to make an open sale for the products. That would be much better and satisfactory.
    I agree with your observations. Flipkart has won the hearts of Indian customers. There were rumors that the company is not able to deliver goods to most of its customers. But they proved all allegations wrong and came back with flying colors. Still there is strong opposition from retail offline shop owners as Flipkart is being exempted from taxes to Government. Hope it will all settle down shortly.

    Whatever it is, they offer good discounts on products what offline shop owners never give. After all a common customer is only interested in how much they can save at the end of the day.

  8. #8
    Platinum Member panchabhut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    I have used Amazon, flipkart, paytm, shopclues and jabong. Service wise, no one can beat Amazon. Even though its normally a little costlier than the others, that can be overcome using intelligent use of Quickcilver (woohoo) and Amazon gift cards/vouchers.
    webworld likes this.
    Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Consciousness.

  9. #9
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by panchabhut View Post
    I have used Amazon, flipkart, paytm, shopclues and jabong. Service wise, no one can beat Amazon. Even though its normally a little costlier than the others, that can be overcome using intelligent use of Quickcilver (woohoo) and Amazon gift cards/vouchers.
    I am still using eBay. But I think Amazon is not costlier than other shopping sites at least in some products. I was looking for a Huawei WiFi 3G dongle yesterday and Amazon prices were around Rs.150 cheaper than eBay prices. Amazon is more user-friendly too, I got a list of affiliated products in that window itself like USB charger plug etc.

    I am about get a few Amazon gift cards from a site. Can we use it in India on Amazon shopping? In that case I could even buy that dongle free of cost.

    But my experience with eBay was not bad at all. Their repayment system in case of product non-availability is really fast and prompt.

Similar Threads

  1. Flipkart not opening...
    By rishabh25 in forum MTNL broadband
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10th July 2015, 12:35 PM
  2. Flipkart Digiflip Pro XT 712
    By Tech Freek in forum Tablets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th June 2014, 05:34 PM
  3. Flipkart's self branded Tablet PC
    By Preeti_20 in forum Tablets
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27th June 2014, 02:28 AM
  4. Lenovo G570 laptop from flipkart
    By tolkapiam in forum Home Appliances and Gadgets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10th December 2011, 05:04 PM
  5. Cyber Monday sets new record for online shopping
    By Guest in forum News and Views from the Business World
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd December 2006, 02:48 AM