Results 1 to 60 of 60

Mobile phone browsers. Which do you prefer?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    34

    Default Mobile phone browsers. Which do you prefer?

    Depending on your phone. Everybody prefers a particular type of internet browsers. I like using Operamini Browser. I use it 99% of the time. I also have Google chrome and UC browser but I do not really use them.
    Which browser do you use most.?

  2. #2
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Uc Browser is awesome based from what I experienced by Far because I can download files much more quicker. Even large files while using a very weak 4g LTE connection. Just imagine how fast files will be downloaded if its a Fiber broadband connection.

  3. #3
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    Uc Browser is awesome based from what I experienced by Far because I can download files much more quicker. Even large files while using a very weak 4g LTE connection. Just imagine how fast files will be downloaded if its a Fiber broadband connection.
    UC Browser is a excellent browser, I use it in my Nokia Lumia 830 with Windows 10 Mobile. Because Microsoft Edge in mobile version is not so good.

  4. #4
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    UC Browser have three versions I think. The Surf Fast version, Light version and the HD version. The Surt fast version is my favorite because it can always successfully download files. the light version is annoying because its always vertical and vertical apps are pain in the butt for me. The HD version is only good for watching videos but its not good for downloading files.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    33

    Default

    For me I think that google chrome is the best browser. This is becuase google chrome has a fresh clean look. It is also because it is really fast. Has a lot of useful features as well. Lastly watching videos on google chrome is very good. These are some reasons why I think google chrome is the best browser.

  6. #6
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    UC Browser have three versions I think. The Surf Fast version, Light version and the HD version. The Surt fast version is my favorite because it can always successfully download files. the light version is annoying because its always vertical and vertical apps are pain in the butt for me. The HD version is only good for watching videos but its not good for downloading files.
    I did not know 3 versions of UC Browser. In Windows 10 Mobile does not have this specification. But I like the UC Browser performance in my phone.

  7. #7
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr45 View Post
    For me I think that google chrome is the best browser. This is becuase google chrome has a fresh clean look. It is also because it is really fast. Has a lot of useful features as well. Lastly watching videos on google chrome is very good. These are some reasons why I think google chrome is the best browser.
    Chrome is very unresponsive on my Phone. It crashes a lot because of the updates. Its also annoying because it always forces me to install the Youtube App and Facebook app when I am going to those websites. The default browser of Android is much more better than browser.

  8. #8
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    Chrome is very unresponsive on my Phone. It crashes a lot because of the updates. Its also annoying because it always forces me to install the Youtube App and Facebook app when I am going to those websites. The default browser of Android is much more better than browser.
    I believe that you can disable this "invitations" to install programs. The users love Chrome in Android, Because it integration with Google Services.

  9. #9
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    How to disable those annoying invitations? They still pop up even if you have the applications installed already. I prefer using social networks with a browser and not with an annoying apps. I still prefer UC browser though.

  10. #10
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    On my device, I mainly use dolphin browser, however I also use Google chrome from time to time. Dolphin browser is by far my favourite Android browser, due to the customization opportunities, and the overall great user interface. It allows you to install addons, and themes, and its the closest that any Android browser is to the desktop version of Google chrome.

    On the other hand, I find that Google chrome is the fastest browser, however I've encountered many bugs in it, such as crashing, but I think that's due to me using an outdated phone.

  11. #11
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    I gave up on chrome because it only works for me in factory version and it kept on updating automatically because it is a built in app. It kept on crashing when I use it so I rather use 3rd party browsers over it. They work much more better than chrome. Chrome is one of the best in PC though but It sucks in Mobile devices.

  12. #12
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    I gave up on chrome because it only works for me in factory version and it kept on updating automatically because it is a built in app. It kept on crashing when I use it so I rather use 3rd party browsers over it. They work much more better than chrome. Chrome is one of the best in PC though but It sucks in Mobile devices.
    What android device have you got? And have you ever tried dolphin browser? It's very similar to google chrome on the PC, as it includes addons, themes and many more cool features which no other android browser provide.

  13. #13
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    I am using a landline Tablet known as Nivall ZTE telpad. It is a landline phone that is also a tablet. It is a freebie of my ISP. I also use a Samsung Tablet and and Ipad and both have terrible experience with chrome too.

  14. #14
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    I am using a landline Tablet known as Nivall ZTE telpad. It is a landline phone that is also a tablet. It is a freebie of my ISP. I also use a Samsung Tablet and and Ipad and both have terrible experience with chrome too.
    Does the landline tablet run Android? Or is it more like a custom OS? Also, yeah chrome is pretty bad on mobile devices, and is nothing like the PC version unfortunately, which is arguably the best browser for computers.

  15. #15
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    For me, it is still Google Chrome. It doesn't matter to me if it loads slower than Opera Mini or UC Browser. The thing is I can use Chrome with the functionality of the browser in computer. I also tried the built-in browser of the device which is also good.

  16. #16
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter97 View Post
    Does the landline tablet run Android? Or is it more like a custom OS? Also, yeah chrome is pretty bad on mobile devices, and is nothing like the PC version unfortunately, which is arguably the best browser for computers.
    it runs with Android and it also works as a landline phone, a cellphone and a caller ID for all the land line calls you receive. I think it is something Landline companies in my country do so landline wont be obsolete. It is landline with free internet.

    @ipol12 UC browser have more features than Chrome, You are just afraid to leave your comfort zone and explore the unknown.

  17. #17
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    it runs with Android and it also works as a landline phone, a cellphone and a caller ID for all the land line calls you receive. I think it is something Landline companies in my country do so landline wont be obsolete. It is landline with free internet.

    @ipol12 UC browser have more features than Chrome, You are just afraid to leave your comfort zone and explore the unknown.
    It's not that I am afraid to leave my comfort zone. In fact I used UC Browser before but it's not just fitting me. I also used Opera Mini for my classic phone which works well on that phone. But since I prefer Chrome, I just want to stick to it. However, changes happens so I am not closing doors for UC Browser. There may be factors that I will shift to UC Browser.

  18. #18
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    it runs with Android and it also works as a landline phone, a cellphone and a caller ID for all the land line calls you receive. I think it is something Landline companies in my country do so landline wont be obsolete. It is landline with free internet.

    @ipol12 UC browser have more features than Chrome, You are just afraid to leave your comfort zone and explore the unknown.
    Wow that's very cool, especially the fact that it has free internet. Here in the UK, landlines are very expensive (more expensive than an internet connection.) And you get a crappy old landline phone, which are usually very hard to operate.

  19. #19
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    I would like to use Opera mini in my phone (Nokia Lumia 830) , but unfortunately the Opera Mini in Windows Phone is horrible, the developers need to improve this version. IOS and Android have good versions of this browser.

  20. #20
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vinisouz View Post
    I would like to use Opera mini in my phone (Nokia Lumia 830) , but unfortunately the Opera Mini in Windows Phone is horrible, the developers need to improve this version. IOS and Android have good versions of this browser.
    My brother uses Opera Mini on his Windows phone which is also Lumia. But I have no idea what's ths model. So far, he has no problem using Opera Mini there. With my Windows tablet, I use Microsoft Edge since I just upgraded it to Windows 10.

  21. #21
    Silver Member pwarbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    488

    Default

    There seems to be a multitude of browsers available these days for mobile devices, and a lot of the time it's just a case of trying them out and picking the one that fits your needs the best.

  22. #22
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    I am so upset, when I reset my phone to factory version my adblock plus app got uninstalled. It use to be my universal adblocker for all browsers but now it is a browser on its own. What a stupid business decision is this.

  23. #23
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    There seems to be a multitude of browsers available these days for mobile devices, and a lot of the time it's just a case of trying them out and picking the one that fits your needs the best.
    Indeed! Sometimes it is hard to choose what to use. That's why I stick to what I use in any of my devices. Since all browsers has its downside, at least I am already familiar of the downside of what I am using.

  24. #24
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    I am so upset, when I reset my phone to factory version my adblock plus app got uninstalled. It use to be my universal adblocker for all browsers but now it is a browser on its own. What a stupid business decision is this.
    You may be able to install an older version of the all from somewhere on the internet. Try searching for Adlocker apk. And look at the date of the file, to see if it was before or after the update.

  25. #25
    Silver Member pwarbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    488

    Default

    I think familiarity is a big thing, and like you say, if your used to something then sometimes there's no point in changing just for the sake of it.

  26. #26
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    I think familiarity is a big thing, and like you say, if your used to something then sometimes there's no point in changing just for the sake of it.
    Exactly @pwarbi. I am used to Chrome that's why I didn't find the need to change. I did try UC, Opera Mini and Flashfox before but I came back to Chrome. I also use the phone's browser from time to time. Also, I use Microsoft Edge on my tablet when Chrome is messing up.

  27. #27
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    I've never used anything other than Google chrome, internet explorer, Microsoft edge, and also dolphin browser (on Android.) Therefore I agree with what you said about familiarity of the browser. I'm not prepared to try new browsers such as opera etc. As I'm already used to chrome and edge, and there is no need to change to a different browser.

  28. #28
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    I am so upset, when I reset my phone to factory version my adblock plus app got uninstalled. It use to be my universal adblocker for all browsers but now it is a browser on its own. What a stupid business decision is this.
    Actually a lot of browsers are starting to remove adblocker as extensions, so I think it's a smart move by them.

  29. #29
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter97 View Post
    I've never used anything other than Google chrome, internet explorer, Microsoft edge, and also dolphin browser (on Android.) Therefore I agree with what you said about familiarity of the browser. I'm not prepared to try new browsers such as opera etc. As I'm already used to chrome and edge, and there is no need to change to a different browser.
    I also used Dolphin browser as it is a good browser too. However, I deleted it from my phone to add more space. Also, there are other browsers that I am used to so it's not a big deal to delete Dolphin.

  30. #30
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challengewriter View Post
    Actually a lot of browsers are starting to remove adblocker as extensions, so I think it's a smart move by them.
    I love the adblocker app because it blocks ads from games too. Now it is just a browser just like Chrome and Firefox. I hate the ads that pops out from games and only the adblocker app can handle them. Now it's just a browser. I still prefer UC browser as a browser because it is good for downloading files even if the connection is slow.

  31. #31
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    I love the adblocker app because it blocks ads from games too. Now it is just a browser just like Chrome and Firefox. I hate the ads that pops out from games and only the adblocker app can handle them. Now it's just a browser. I still prefer UC browser as a browser because it is good for downloading files even if the connection is slow.
    Hi! Do UC Browser have some apps? I never noticed when I downloaded it at once. But I decided to delete it eventually though. I just don't like browsers with ads which I experienced in Flashfox. Just using Google Chrome and built-in browser in my phone.

  32. #32
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    I love the adblocker app because it blocks ads from games too. Now it is just a browser just like Chrome and Firefox. I hate the ads that pops out from games and only the adblocker app can handle them. Now it's just a browser. I still prefer UC browser as a browser because it is good for downloading files even if the connection is slow.
    It is a good browser, but I use Opera for downloads on my mobile and it takes a lot less space

  33. #33
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    I love the adblocker app because it blocks ads from games too. Now it is just a browser just like Chrome and Firefox. I hate the ads that pops out from games and only the adblocker app can handle them. Now it's just a browser. I still prefer UC browser as a browser because it is good for downloading files even if the connection is slow.
    I think you can easily by-pass ads in games, of the game doesn't require an internet connection, by putting your phone into airplane mode, or disconnecting from the internet. Other than that, I don't think there's another alternative to this, unless you get somehow get adblock.

  34. #34
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Iѕ тнere adвlocĸ ғor мoвlιe pнoneѕ? wιтнoυт ιт нavιng тo вe an add-on ғor тнe pнoneѕ вrowѕer?

    Sent from my GT-S7582 using Tapatalk

  35. #35
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challengewriter View Post
    Iѕ тнere adвlocĸ ғor мoвlιe pнoneѕ? wιтнoυт ιт нavιng тo вe an add-on ғor тнe pнoneѕ вrowѕer?

    Sent from my GT-S7582 using Tapatalk
    All I know it should be an add-on to the browsers. I just saw in a forum which I can't remember where is it.

  36. #36
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    126

    Default

    I think one of the things is damaging Android is the browser. In the beginning it took to reach a good level of fluency, and when he did, with Ice Cream Sandwich and GPU acceleration, replaced development for browser and was a symbol of Google and had many supporters within the community, Chrome. However, Chrome seems like a great scourge in performance-in other aspects has many advantages-and his lack of speed compared to browser, for example, the integrated iOS or Samsung, is notorious.

    In conclusion, there is more complete than Lightning, as there are always all kinds of applications in various categories options, but if you want simplicity and speed, as I seek, is the best that you can install on all types of terminals with Android.

  37. #37
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challengewriter View Post
    Iѕ тнere adвlocĸ ғor мoвlιe pнoneѕ? wιтнoυт ιт нavιng тo вe an add-on ғor тнe pнoneѕ вrowѕer?

    Sent from my GT-S7582 using Tapatalk
    There use to be an adblocker for mobile browsers and it also works for games. Sadly on the latest update it is now turned into a browser. I am annoyed by the decision of the developers of this app. They have something good that is not broken but they decided to make this major change.

  38. #38
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    There use to be an adblocker for mobile browsers and it also works for games. Sadly on the latest update it is now turned into a browser. I am annoyed by the decision of the developers of this app. They have something good that is not broken but they decided to make this major change.
    Have you used the mobile browser? Was the experience any good? Remember a lot if browsers are removing and block from their stores, as ads are revenues

  39. #39
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    I have nothing against the adblock mobile browser, It doesn't crash but It is not good for downloading. UC browser is still the best browser for downloading. The advantage of the adblocker browser is that it blocks all kinds of ads and that includes video ads.

  40. #40
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    I have nothing against the adblock mobile browser, It doesn't crash but It is not good for downloading. UC browser is still the best browser for downloading. The advantage of the adblocker browser is that it blocks all kinds of ads and that includes video ads.
    I see, I use Opera for downloading with my phone, helps that it came with my phone

  41. #41
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Opera is 3rd party in my phone. The default browsers of mine is the default Android browser and Google Chrome. Google chrome crashes a lot so I gave up on it. I wish i can uninstall it but I can't.

  42. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    68

    Default

    I trust Google Chrome blindly! It works brilliantly on my phone. Never had any issue with it ever. I tried using Opera mini too. But still I find Chrome more responsive, faster and the most efficient browser. UC browser does not function that good on my device. So, yes, Google chrome is the one for me.

  43. #43
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MamoniMaity View Post
    I trust Google Chrome blindly! It works brilliantly on my phone. Never had any issue with it ever. I tried using Opera mini too. But still I find Chrome more responsive, faster and the most efficient browser. UC browser does not function that good on my device. So, yes, Google chrome is the one for me.
    The same case with me. I am using an Alcatel phone with large display and the Android browser and Chrome works better for me as well.

  44. #44
    Bronze Member Mihailo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    125

    Default

    I use Google Chrome. As I said, it is fast and it has a lot of addons.
    But few minutes ago Chrome stops working three times. I am looking for good similar browser.

  45. #45
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihailo View Post
    I use Google Chrome. As I said, it is fast and it has a lot of addons.
    But few minutes ago Chrome stops working three times. I am looking for good similar browser.
    Google Chrome just often crashes. That's what I hate about the browser. In my tablet, I use Microsoft Edge as my browser which is good. While on my phone, I use the Android browser which you may try.

  46. #46
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ipol12 View Post
    Google Chrome just often crashes. That's what I hate about the browser. In my tablet, I use Microsoft Edge as my browser which is good. While on my phone, I use the Android browser which you may try.
    A Microsoft tablet? or Edge is available for download?

  47. #47
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MamoniMaity View Post
    I trust Google Chrome blindly! It works brilliantly on my phone. Never had any issue with it ever. I tried using Opera mini too. But still I find Chrome more responsive, faster and the most efficient browser. UC browser does not function that good on my device. So, yes, Google chrome is the one for me.
    There are three versions of UC Browser:

    UC Browser HD- This one is for people with superior internet connection.

    UC Browser fast- This is the best version and it is great for downloading because it resumes downloads if it stops.

    UC browser mini- This is fast but I hate it because its vertical.

    I think you end up downloading the HD version.

  48. #48
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    I like opera mini, it's faster than chrome on my android. Chrome also can be problematic as its too slow on my phone, but I rather use it as it is synced with my laptop browser.

  49. #49
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challengewriter View Post
    A Microsoft tablet? or Edge is available for download?
    I am not sure if it is available in other operating systems. But I have a Windows 10 tablet which Microsoft Edge is already packaged with the Windows 10 upgrade. There's no more Internet Explorer on my tablet as Edge took over.

  50. #50
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    I haven't tried Microsoft edge but I do hope it is an upgrade from Internet explorer. Internet explorer is one of the most problematic browsers I had ever used. It use to be good on it's early days but as times gone by it became super useless.

  51. #51
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    I haven't tried Microsoft edge but I do hope it is an upgrade from Internet explorer. Internet explorer is one of the most problematic browsers I had ever used. It use to be good on it's early days but as times gone by it became super useless.
    Good thing Microsoft Edge works better than IE. Even my brother who borrows my Windows tablet loves it more than Google Chrome. I never experienced crashing with Edge.

  52. #52
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ipol12 View Post
    Good thing Microsoft Edge works better than IE. Even my brother who borrows my Windows tablet loves it more than Google Chrome. I never experienced crashing with Edge.
    I see why people are wondering when they would release it for other devices, so windows then is working out really good then, and is it really easy to use and improved with a better user-interface?

  53. #53
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challengewriter View Post
    I see why people are wondering when they would release it for other devices, so windows then is working out really good then, and is it really easy to use and improved with a better user-interface?
    It is easy to use. For me, it is even better than Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. I just do hope it will also be made available in other devices such as in Android.

  54. #54
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ipol12 View Post
    It is easy to use. For me, it is even better than Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. I just do hope it will also be made available in other devices such as in Android.
    Chrome is popular due to the synching of the browser version with mobile, being able to send files to different browsers that are signed into the same account and also continue from were you left off or by just checking history. That's why I like chrome, but my best mobile browser will always be safari.

  55. #55
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ipol12 View Post
    It is easy to use. For me, it is even better than Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. I just do hope it will also be made available in other devices such as in Android.
    Can you download large files with Microsoft edge without having to worry about the file being corrupted? This is the biggest issue with Chrome. When a file stops downloading, you cannot resume it with Google Chrome. The file is now a trash you have to delete as it be corrupted and incomplete.

  56. #56
    Silver Member pwarbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    488

    Default

    I'm not 100% sure what you mean when you ask about downloading large files without them bring corrupted?

    I use chrome across all my devices, desktop PC, laptop, tablet and mobile and I've never experienced any issues with downloading large files.

  57. #57
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    I'm not 100% sure what you mean when you ask about downloading large files without them bring corrupted?

    I use chrome across all my devices, desktop PC, laptop, tablet and mobile and I've never experienced any issues with downloading large files.
    If you download a large file in Chrome there is a high chance you wont be able to complete the file. If you lost your internet connection for few seconds there is no chance that file will be completed. You have to start from 0 percent because Chrome have no resume button. Just imagine if you downloaded a 5 GB file and you are around 97 percent complete when suddenly it stops downloading. That is a case of a corrupted file and if you have a slow internet connection and something you are downloading gets corrupted it is frustrating. Not everyone have a fast internet connection. LTE users are huge victims of file corrupting.

    For PC, Maxthon have an option to resume a file you are downloading when it suddenly stops.

    For Mobile, UC Browser have that option.

    Google Chrome doesn't have that option. I download things frequently so I always experienced having files being corrupted.

  58. #58
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challengewriter View Post
    Chrome is popular due to the synching of the browser version with mobile, being able to send files to different browsers that are signed into the same account and also continue from were you left off or by just checking history. That's why I like chrome, but my best mobile browser will always be safari.
    Is safari the one from Apple? I used it way back then but decided tp go back to Chrome. I can't remember the reason but I was quite annoyed in some aspects. But I may try it again as it might have been improved.

  59. #59
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    126

    Default

    UC Browser+ is an upgraded version of previous UC Browser for iPhone and is fully compatible with iOS7. UC Browser+ gives you a FAST, SECURE and CONVENIENT browsing experience for FREE! 400,000,000 users choose UC Browser because of its high speed, powerful download management, optimized personalization and easy access to internet resources.

  60. #60
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ipol12 View Post
    Is safari the one from Apple? I used it way back then but decided tp go back to Chrome. I can't remember the reason but I was quite annoyed in some aspects. But I may try it again as it might have been improved.
    It is good for mobile, I don't use it on a desktop though, it is quite horrible in my experience, so I stick to chrome there. Yes it is the one by apple.

Similar Threads

  1. Which Mobile messaging app do you prefer ?
    By ramitzar in forum Android
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 9th October 2015, 04:19 PM
  2. Mobile Phone Accessories,Mobile Phone Handsets,
    By mobilephoneaccessories in forum Mobile phones
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd November 2011, 03:57 PM
  3. Opera To Launch New Mobile Browsers
    By deepmohan in forum Software News, Previews and Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th February 2010, 05:15 PM
  4. Mobile Browsers
    By Swifty in forum Mobile phones
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11th November 2009, 06:48 PM
  5. How cell phone (mobile phone) works?
    By Rameshjeee in forum Mobile phones
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 8th January 2009, 08:02 PM