Results 1 to 15 of 15

Rural Development or Urbanization

  1. #1
    rupu1983
    Guest

    Default Rural Development or Urbanization

    61 years passed after the independence in India do you think that Indian rural development is sufficient ? because about 70 percent of people in India live in rural areas.Development is happening in India but in which way rural development or urbanization.Now according to some report.
    The rural villages in United States of America look far better than Indian cities but those are still the part of U.S. rural sector because the economy of those villages is still land and agriculture based. This course of strengthening a rural economy is “Rural Development’. If the urban way of living is made available to the rural mass without raising their income through land and agriculture, their consumption, traditions and living become urban. This is urbanization and not rural development. Urbanization is enjoyed by rural people till it is free of cost for them. As soon as it starts costing to them, either they revert to their pre-urbanization living standard or, if they have become habitual, they indulge in illegal activities to earn more income to maintain the enjoyed living standard. That is why the urban youths in India are day by day advancing towards crime. Therefore, urbanization can pay nothing positive to rural mass in real sense. Nor, urbanization means rural development.
    So what do you think in few area like

    i) Literacy and Education
    (ii) Construction of Link-Roads
    (iii) Self-Employment Generation
    (iv) Health Awareness
    (v) Giving awareness of opportunities availability for them
    (vi) Family Planning
    (vii) Land Reforms
    (viii) Extension of rural or agricultural credit
    (ix) Extension of canal irrigation
    (x) Rural Electrification


    This few things has developed enough in our country.without their development India can not become a develop country.After all 70% Indian lives there

  2. #2
    ShAdOwCoN
    Guest

    Thumbs up

    Excellent thread !

    The major Hurdle for these to develop is Corruption . Due to corruption funds allocated to Educational , construction , electrification projects never reach the people who were meant to receive it . They are eaten up by middlemen . So this really hinders development .

    Honesty [and hence patriotism] is really lacking in Indian Administration .

    If they lie to their own people how can they call themselves patriotic

  3. #3
    rupu1983
    Guest

    Default

    Yes that's the main reason why the development is lagging in rural area but still few wrong policy like try to urbanization of rural area not to giving impotence in rural infrastructure development that another reason that condition of the people are not so good in rural area.

  4. #4
    Platinum Member mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    Good people say big thing but hasitate to reach the voting station.if we cant create good politicians than we cant criticize them.
    job takes the child away.

  5. #5
    ShAdOwCoN
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mail2sc View Post
    Good people say big thing but hasitate to reach the voting station.if we cant create good politicians than we cant criticize them.
    how can we create good politicians ?

    just think about this
    A large part of our population is poor , illiterate , uneducated etc etc

    Politicians fool these people into voting for them [we cannot do anything about that ].... Responsible people in Indian politics never taste success , so they never enter politics

    So who will u vote for ?

    It does nt really make any difference in the end ... nobody cares

  6. #6
    Platinum Member mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShAdOwCoN View Post
    how can we create good politicians ?

    just think about this
    A large part of our population is poor , illiterate , uneducated etc etc

    Politicians fool these people into voting for them [we cannot do anything about that ].... Responsible people in Indian politics never taste success , so they never enter politics

    So who will u vote for ?

    It does nt really make any difference in the end ... nobody cares
    all people are saying this past thousand years.we were never united.neither against terror.or corruption or illitracy.we were never united and never will be.
    job takes the child away.

  7. #7
    rupu1983
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mail2sc View Post
    all people are saying this past thousand years.we were never united.neither against terror.or corruption or illitracy.we were never united and never will be.
    I am partially agree but not fully according to your comment last thousands year 'we were not united' but still in old age India was one of the most prosperous country in the world. That's true in from middle age we are carrying terror,illiteracy,corruption, killing of humanity,woman humiliation such thing but we have to still remember Indians did fight against colonialism of British emperor and it can possible because Indian stand together(such 1919 non cooperation movement or 1942 quit India movement) also we know that the reason behind of we were united is the 18th century's few great poet,writer,politician,teacher and sociologist they motivate the Indian people and united them .
    So don't be hopeless if we can do once we can do it again after all today is the birth day of Swami Vivekananda he saw the dream of modern India we don't know when ever it will be possible but I still believe one day we can reach the ultimate goal.

  8. #8
    ShAdOwCoN
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mail2sc View Post
    all people are saying this past thousand years.we were never united.neither against terror.or corruption or illitracy.we were never united and never will be.
    India was briefly united under Gandhi !

    Mahatma Gandhi not Aashaka Gandhi or Danesh V

  9. #9
    Platinum Member mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShAdOwCoN View Post
    India was briefly united under Gandhi !

    Mahatma Gandhi not Aashaka Gandhi or Danesh V
    :lol:
    job takes the child away.

  10. #10
    newprouser
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShAdOwCoN View Post
    India was briefly united under Gandhi !

    Mahatma Gandhi not Aashaka Gandhi or Danesh V
    :lol: :lol:


    Politicians divide us and terrorists unite us :lol:

  11. #11
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rupu1983 View Post
    i) Literacy and Education
    (ii) Construction of Link-Roads
    (iii) Self-Employment Generation
    (iv) Health Awareness
    (v) Giving awareness of opportunities availability for them
    (vi) Family Planning
    (vii) Land Reforms
    (viii) Extension of rural or agricultural credit
    (ix) Extension of canal irrigation
    (x) Rural Electrification
    Very good thread.

    You know the classic management mantra - identify between urgent and important. When important things are ignored too long, they become urgent.

    All of the above areas need urgent attention. The above have gone beyond importance.
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  12. #12
    Good to be Back
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,987

    Default

    Excellent thread...Repo for you...
    First we need to stop corruption...
    Then we need to elect good leaders...

    May be we must bring in a law like: The billionaires in india like the Ambani's Tata's should adopt a village or a rural area or should help in developing the rural area.

    If I had enough money,I would surely help a hand developing the rural area.
    Collection of my useful Threads - All in One

  13. #13
    ShAdOwCoN
    Guest

    Default

    Comon Rameshjee ur passing the buck

    Even you [every citizen] can help out in a small way ..... We do say such things , but when we are in such a top position i honestly dont think we ll be doing that ....

    If Tatas should spend 10,000 rs on charity we should atleast spend rs1000 ... but do we do that ?

  14. #14
    rupu1983
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShAdOwCoN View Post
    Comon Rameshjee ur passing the buck

    Even you [every citizen] can help out in a small way ..... We do say such things , but when we are in such a top position i honestly dont think we ll be doing that ....

    If Tatas should spend 10,000 rs on charity we should atleast spend rs1000 ... but do we do that ?
    That's the real story we are looking to others but the time has come to do something because power full people those who are in the top most place they will not do much for country

  15. #15
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    380

    Default

    The day we clean up our political system, India will be a much better place.
    Multi-party system sucks big time.
    Development is coming...but the pace is too slow.
    Compare our country with China, which having achieved independence at the time has achieved a lot more progress.

Similar Threads

  1. Website Development
    By avaneesh5 in forum Web hosting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 4th January 2016, 01:10 PM
  2. Kubutu development will stop
    By Pistole_lachen in forum Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24th April 2012, 04:45 AM
  3. Development in BSNL
    By sharadkumar in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20th December 2009, 05:01 PM
  4. Personality Development
    By Rameshjeee in forum News discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 1st June 2009, 12:16 AM