Results 1 to 28 of 28

IE8 Beta 2 out!

  1. #1
    Platinum Member StarK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,388

    Thumbs up IE8 Beta 2 out!

    Hey guys ... ie8 beta 2 is out (m 2 days l8 actually ).... give it a whirl... i was pleasantly surprised with the many new features!!
    the best two : 1 an option that will let u delete offline data except for the websites in ur favorites where u don't want to lose the login info!

    2. in private (or porn) mode

    very stable release... try it and express ur views... i've made it my default browser

  2. #2
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,500

    Default

    Which browser were you using before?

  3. #3
    Bronze Member Chinmay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    107

    Default

    cant live w/o combination of mozilla and minefield.
    XP 32 bit-> mozilla
    Vista 64 bit-> minefield.

    What makes me frustrating is d yellow add on installer of IE which pops up now and then when we open some pages, I dont understand although I m having FLASH client on my pc, why do i need to update? I have to ignore it everytime, and unless v ignore it by clicking [X] on RHS panel, IE doesnt open the web page,
    Is that prob solved in IE B vB2?

    I'll download only after they intoduce a stable version.
    Hi if u've got satisfaction answer, I may like to recieve REP Power from you!
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/316187623.png

  4. #4
    Platinum Member StarK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    @admin i was using ff2... i thot ff3 was just sort of n00b..

    @chinmay i don't see any probs for now... its very stable with sites.

  5. #5
    Bronze Member Chinmay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    107

    Default

    I m frustrated with IE 7(64bit) on vista, will definitely try IE 8.
    But still cant forget d simplicity and features of IE 6.
    Still using it on XP.

    So total 2 browers on each OS, one for public life, other for private p*** life.
    ENJOY BOTH!!
    Last edited by Chinmay; 29th August 2008 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Hi if u've got satisfaction answer, I may like to recieve REP Power from you!
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/316187623.png

  6. #6
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,500

    Default

    I cant even remember when I last used internet explorer.. probbably when I did something on the microsoft updates site.

    I use firefox and I am more then happy with it. I have been using windows XP for the last so many years now and to be honest I wont upgrade to Vista unless I find something I cant do with using XP.

    Why change your operating system when the old one is doing all you want it to do?

  7. #7
    Platinum Member StarK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    ie6 was definitely gr8... used so lil memory (tho its not a prob now with 1.2gig on xp )... but it lacked tabs... the main feature desired now... back then usin ff was desirable... but now i jus don't see the point of using it anymor... for one its takes about 15 secs just to open up after reboot while ie8 b2 takes bout 4-5.

  8. #8
    Bronze Member Chinmay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    107

    Default

    I enjoy VISTA more than XP, XP is for doing work, VISTA for Enjoyment...Right now on Vista.
    Hi if u've got satisfaction answer, I may like to recieve REP Power from you!
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/316187623.png

  9. #9
    Platinum Member StarK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I cant even remember when I last used internet explorer.. probbably when I did something on the microsoft updates site.

    I use firefox and I am more then happy with it. I have been using windows XP for the last so many years now and to be honest I wont upgrade to Vista unless I find something I cant do with using XP.

    Why change your operating system when the old one is doing all you want it to do?
    windows vista without a GOOD graphics card is just pure crap... i installed it on my system and the aero woudn't activate... and the default theme then is just so frustrating to the eyes...just reverted to good ol xp.

    and yes there's a very good theme for xp which made my day sometime back..
    just search for "windows xp zune theme" on google... the first link is the one. extremely pleasing to the eyes. and official microsoft theme too.

  10. #10
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,197

    Default

    i have installed this IE8 on my Vista Ultimate and can not see any good changes with this new version...

    i am using Firefox 3 which is already providing me all what i need and there are lot many easy to access features in mozilla firefox which makes me to stick with it.. i got this IE 8 but still using Firefox

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I downloaded IE 8 Beta 2 and installed on my bootcamp Vista HP yesterday. It is simple and sweet. Tabs have changed and lot of cool features are included. Final version is scheduled to release in November. Cheers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I cant even remember when I last used internet explorer.. probbably when I did something on the microsoft updates site.

    I use firefox and I am more then happy with it. I have been using windows XP for the last so many years now and to be honest I wont upgrade to Vista unless I find something I cant do with using XP.

    Why change your operating system when the old one is doing all you want it to do?
    FF 3.0 is better that IE 7, but I'm experiencing frequent crashes when I'm closing FF. It is annoying! Both on my Mac and Office PC (Vista).
    Last edited by Priyatam; 30th August 2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #12
    Platinum Member strider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Since I started using FireFox, I really never wanted to return to IE. It gives me the creeps, however, I will still try out the beta as a Windows Loyalist. Chow!!
    Munni badnaam hui, darling tere liye
    Le zandu balm hui, darling tere liye

  13. #13
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,197

    Default

    same here.. i started using firefox long time back and after that never looked back to IE.. at that thme firefox and opera was available for tabbed browsing... so i took firefox for me...

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Google chrome rocks!

  15. #15
    Platinum Member StarK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Priyatam View Post
    Google chrome rocks!
    looks to me like a mac ui copy... i think we already have many browsers on our hands...
    Last edited by StarK; 4th September 2008 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnight View Post
    looks to me like a mac ui copy... i think we already have many browsers on our hands...
    Mac UI ?? wooo... comeon..... I'm using Leopard and can't find any similarities in Safari and Chrome UI.. chrome is soo simple.... How in the world every good looking UI is a copy from mac

  17. #17
    Platinum Member StarK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    ya got it wrong there... the buttons and the star are like ff...

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnight View Post
    ya got it wrong there... the buttons and the star are like ff...
    hehe... but not like mac right

  19. #19
    Gold Member gardencityboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    518

    Default

    I use Firefox 3 and i think it is the best
    I installed Google Chrome yesterday and would like to test it as well

    The best part of Firefox is it is so customizable. i can install lots of Plugins which help me browse better

  20. #20
    Platinum Member StarK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gardencityboy View Post
    I use Firefox 3 and i think it is the best
    I installed Google Chrome yesterday and would like to test it as well

    The best part of Firefox is it is so customizable. i can install lots of Plugins which help me browse better
    And the best part with ie is that i dont NEED to install so many plugins to achieve the usefulness... there's a plugin called iepro and it satisfies all my needs.

    I compared the speed of ff and ie8 and don't see any difference in the page load times.

    I don't see why people have a certain kind of feeling that 'ok its from microsoft then it just sux'.... the lack of speed, security holes and the functionality loss were all of ie6 days... i know ie7 was not good enuff so i used ff. but ie8 b2 is the best yet imo better than ff and nothing is gonna change that.

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnight View Post
    And the best part with ie is that i dont NEED to install so many plugins to achieve the usefulness... there's a plugin called iepro and it satisfies all my needs.

    I compared the speed of ff and ie8 and don't see any difference in the page load times.

    I don't see why people have a certain kind of feeling that 'ok its from microsoft then it just sux'.... the lack of speed, security holes and the functionality loss were all of ie6 days... i know ie7 was not good enuff so i used ff. but ie8 b2 is the best yet imo better than ff and nothing is gonna change that.
    Yea...IE 8 Beta 2 is good!

  22. #22
    Platinum Member StarK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    Yes Priyatam... and its still beta.. the final product is gonna be awesome i'm sure. FINALLY microsoft has put out a competitive browser in this war....

  23. #23
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,197

    Default

    yaa IE 8 Beta is good browser and after a very long time microsoft is coming up with something good..
    vista was a big problem and failure for microsoft on first go..

  24. #24
    Platinum Member StarK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    and the latest news.... i've switched to ff again...

    its just so light on the graphics memory. the pages look clean... once i installed all the addons (speacially greasemonkey) that give me the functionality of iepro i just can't look back to ie. microsoft has to redesign the rendering engine if it wants to make it better than ff.

  25. #25
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnight View Post
    and the latest news.... i've switched to ff again...

    its just so light on the graphics memory. the pages look clean... once i installed all the addons (speacially greasemonkey) that give me the functionality of iepro i just can't look back to ie. microsoft has to redesign the rendering engine if it wants to make it better than ff.
    try google chrome too that is also very light browser, i just installed it few mins back and loving it

  26. #26
    Platinum Member StarK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    i did install chrome 2 days back... but was just turned off by the blue color and the googleupdate.exe process that kept running in the background (have 1.2 gigs of ram but hate to see processes run without my permission).... otherwise yes the browser is quite good. after all its google...

    also u can't get a new tab with the double click shortcut on ff n ie... which i'm very much used to by now... so just stickin to ff for now... will give chrome another shot once the final comes out.

  27. #27
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,197

    Default

    ya i understand that googleupdate.exe starts up when you open chrome but thats a service which comes up even if you use google toolbar and there is nothing to worry about that service coz it never puts any load on your processor

  28. #28
    Platinum Member StarK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smoothvibes View Post
    ya i understand that googleupdate.exe starts up when you open chrome but thats a service which comes up even if you use google toolbar and there is nothing to worry about that service coz it never puts any load on your processor
    Actually this process is there even if you restart your computer.... and keeps n running in the background.

    The problem does not lie in processor or ram usage (at any time i've got 800mb free... using 1.2 gig on xp.. overkill my last post)... its this behavior that i dislike... running in the background without the consent of the user, and if it does not use the processor then uselessly?? i do not use google or any toolbar.

    I even stopped using adobe reader (that massive resource hog) because of its startup processes. started using foxit reader instead.

Similar Threads

  1. Firefox 4.0 Beta 1 officially got released while Beta 2 is available.
    By jagan2 in forum Software News, Previews and Reviews
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 8th July 2010, 09:31 PM
  2. Maxthon 3 3.0.9.10 Beta
    By gaggan4392 in forum Software News, Previews and Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th April 2010, 05:49 PM
  3. Opera 10.5 Beta 1
    By meetdilip in forum Software News, Previews and Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12th February 2010, 08:01 PM
  4. Metatrader 5 Beta
    By Luke Skywalker in forum Windows
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th February 2010, 05:41 PM
  5. Windows 7 Beta
    By The One in forum Windows
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 31st January 2009, 11:18 PM