Results 1 to 27 of 27
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By MegaMaverick

I am searching for Home based jobs or you can say online earning

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14

    Default I am searching for Home based jobs or you can say online earning

    My first query to the experts here How would I know that the work I am going to do would definitely pay me? Is there any kind of things I should consider before planning a work online. There lots of site online I can see now who give work but I am not sure about will they pay me or not? plz suggest me about it

  2. #2
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    102

    Default

    as a rule, stay away from websites that ask you money in order to send you a 'kit'.

  3. #3
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,500

    Default

    Join a website like digitalpoint or something on those lines where they have a healthy market place. You will find lots of webmasters hiring people for work they do not want to do themselves. Just make sure you work for only those people who have a good reputation on those forums and have been around for more then 2-3 years.

    I second what MegaMaverick said, Never pay money for one of those kits that promise you jobs/work.

  4. #4
    Sal
    Sal is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    75

    Default

    I have seen a few of my friends in the same position and they were cheated by some fraud companies. It is easy to see an ad or post stating that you can earn so much from home, but you really need to make sure that that it is not fraud and one way of knowing is when they ask you for money which they should not.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    208

    Default

    I am a Work at Home Mother, and I currently work at an online work at home job. It is called Humanatic. I can say that they are genuine because I have received payment from them through paypal after my hardwork. I considered it as a real work because you're really working and they don't ask money from you, just your time, accuracy and effort.
    Last edited by Admin; 13th September 2015 at 07:20 PM.

  6. #6
    Junior Member kenzenith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    77

    Default

    I suggest before you join websites that offer home based jobs, you should first read reviews about it. You should get in the reviews if the website you are joining is actually paying or a scam. There are lots of legitimate paying online job websites out there, you just need to find the right one for your needs. You can try joining in freelancing sites like Odesk, or if you like to write, you can join Knoji.

    I agree with the admin that you should only join websites that are around for 2-3 years so you will have a job in the long run.

  7. #7
    Junior Member lokielovesbunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Well, the website you talking about is really good website and people are earning thorough them I earned for myself as well. There are many freelancing websites offer very good amount of money at the cost of work, but it requires skilled person if you know any programming languages or specialize in one particular field you may go for it, I have seen people who are earning good amount of money. One more thing you need to keep it in your mind before you join any website, please read their review according to Indian users why I am telling you this because there are many websites who belong to US and UK People.

  8. #8
    Junior Member kenzenith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lokielovesbunny View Post
    Well, the website you talking about is really good website and people are earning thorough them I earned for myself as well. There are many freelancing websites offer very good amount of money at the cost of work, but it requires skilled person if you know any programming languages or specialize in one particular field you may go for it, I have seen people who are earning good amount of money. One more thing you need to keep it in your mind before you join any website, please read their review according to Indian users why I am telling you this because there are many websites who belong to US and UK People.
    I joined those sites few years ago and they are still giving me good income until now. Online programming jobs are also good, so as blog writing, bookkeeping and encoding. I agree that only skilled persons can do programming job, but with encoding, all people can do it.

  9. #9
    Junior Member rana ranjit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenzenith View Post
    I joined those sites few years ago and they are still giving me good income until now.
    which sites? you are talking about

  10. #10
    Junior Member kenzenith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rana ranjit View Post
    which sites? you are talking about
    I was talking about Knoji and Odesk in my previous post. These websites gave me good income few years ago and until today. I get passive income from Knoji because of my article views while I earn from Odesk for casually doing freelance works when I have spare time. I am thankful for these sites because they always give me additional income.

  11. #11
    Junior Member Melissa Ann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I do Humanatic, Blogjob, Postloop, Crowdsource, Slicethepie, and Forunwheel. All of these sites pay through paypal. They do pay you. As mentioned below, stay clear of sites that want you to pay, they are scams.

  12. #12
    Silver Member pwarbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    488

    Default

    While there a lot of sites out there that are offering work, it is a minefield to know which are worth joining.

    The fake ones in my opinion are easy to spot, they'll probably ask you for money upfront, and then promise you earnings that are quite frankly ridiculous. You know the ones, "do you want to earn $4000 a week?" Thise sites are to be avoided at all costs.

  13. #13
    Junior Member moondebi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Content writing and forum posting are two legit options, through which you can start to drive money. Besides, there are surveys and small tasks to start with. You have to try out for a wide range of options, as the internet is a place where there is no guarantee of the flow of work. Here, it is tough to build even a dollar, a day.
    As a beginner, you should be alert of being scammed.

  14. #14
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    You should be vigilant in joining sites. There were lots of scams out there. Never join a site which asks for payments before you can do a job. There were a bunch a out there that defrauds people. Check reviews online and make your judgement because some sites work for others while it don't for some. I like to suggest to do freelancing as you are more protected like in freelancing websites out there. I am hoping for your success in searching online sites.

  15. #15
    Silver Member pwarbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    488

    Default

    While I know it goes against the grain a bit, and I don't like working for nothing either, but sometimes it's worthwhile doing a few free jobs, just so people can see what your strengths and weaknesses are.

    When working online, it's the same as any other job and its only when you build up a portfolio and reputation that you can then start to earn a decent amount.

  16. #16
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default

    I think there is no possible way to predict an online site's behavior in future. But you can take some precautionary measures to minimize your risk like :

    - Always go through online reviews and real life experiences. Though it is not 100% credible as most of the people only do this to get referrals.
    - Ensure that the site got a good community forum where members are free to interact. It works like a door to see what is happening inside and with other members.
    - Avoid site with high withdrawal limit. If they really wanted to pay, why should they keep a high limit. In fact there should be no limit.
    - Be active in community forum and sense negative signals well beforehand.
    - Try to withdraw as soon as you reach the withdrawal limit because you never know about future

    These are some tips I have in mind right now.

  17. #17
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webworld View Post
    I think there is no possible way to predict an online site's behavior in future. But you can take some precautionary measures to minimize your risk like :

    - Always go through online reviews and real life experiences. Though it is not 100% credible as most of the people only do this to get referrals.
    - Ensure that the site got a good community forum where members are free to interact. It works like a door to see what is happening inside and with other members.
    - Avoid site with high withdrawal limit. If they really wanted to pay, why should they keep a high limit. In fact there should be no limit.
    - Be active in community forum and sense negative signals well beforehand.
    - Try to withdraw as soon as you reach the withdrawal limit because you never know about future

    These are some tips I have in mind right now.
    You hit the nail in the head! With regards to such independent sites, it is not easy to say they wers sustainable sites. So everybody should beware as we might risk ourselves. So it is better suggested to do freelancing sites. Start at a low price and do the work promptly. Someday you can build portfolio which can help to find future clients. Having a good rating would be if a great help. If all of these were done, then expect more jobs to come.

  18. #18
    Silver Member pwarbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    488

    Default

    With a lot of sites aswell, you'll find they have more workers than actual jobs available so if you don't have a good rating, or you've never worked for the site before, you'll often find that it's very hard to get your foot on the ladder, as most if the clients won't be willing to give jobs to the new users, and so that can be an issue.

  19. #19
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    With a lot of sites aswell, you'll find they have more workers than actual jobs available so if you don't have a good rating, or you've never worked for the site before, you'll often find that it's very hard to get your foot on the ladder, as most if the clients won't be willing to give jobs to the new users, and so that can be an issue.
    That's the reason why many online workers prefer working in sites that pays and easier work with low rates instead of freelancing sites which I referred to in my comment above. With sites like forums that gives ratings, it is a challenge. I experienced it and almost gave up on a site because of that.

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Try Writerbay.com. I have been working for them since a year now. The payment is good. $5 per page is the minimum pay they offer. Payments are never late. Just that you need to be really dedicated and hard working. It may seem to be little difficult for the Indians to start. They follow the education system of US and UK, which is way different than the Indian one. But very soon, you will get used to it. Do give it a try friends.

  21. #21
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default

    I have gone through the site. It looks promising and the business structure is really appealing. They are very concerned about the security and transparency of the business transactions and also need a scanned copy of your highest qualification. Also you have to pass certain tests to become an approved writer. But the pay rate seems to be very good, $5 per page is not bad at all. But I think they do not focus on ever green topics like health, parenting, fitness etc. May be I am wrong as I could not go through the site fully.

    Anyway, thanks for sharing this information. I will definitely give it a try. Let's see what happens?

  22. #22
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Right now, I'm working with a revenue sharing site that's working superb for me. I invested a very little sum in it (I know investing sounds dicy and many people run away from it, but its not always a scam) and so far, my investment is already back to my bank account and I'm just rolling my profit earned with it and gaining quie fast. If anyone is interested, PM me and you can ask for my own proofs before joining and I bet, you guys gonna thank me for sure. By the way, the program is Payza, Payeer, STP, Perfect Money, Coinbase verified.
    PS- If your investment didn't come back to your bank within a week, I will return your total money from my side.

  23. #23
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MamoniMaity View Post
    Try Writerbay.com. I have been working for them since a year now. The payment is good. $5 per page is the minimum pay they offer. Payments are never late. Just that you need to be really dedicated and hard working. It may seem to be little difficult for the Indians to start. They follow the education system of US and UK, which is way different than the Indian one. But very soon, you will get used to it. Do give it a try friends.
    I never heard about Writerbay. Is it open to other users elsewhere? I will try to check it out. But is there a possibility that it will reject your article. If it is, then it may be the same with iWriter.

  24. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Yes, you are right. There's no dearth of work in this website. But the work is not about general writing. The articles posted here are basically written for the students of US and UK. They use your written articles as their school and college assignments.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ipol12 View Post
    I never heard about Writerbay. Is it open to other users elsewhere? I will try to check it out. But is there a possibility that it will reject your article. If it is, then it may be the same with iWriter.
    They accept writers from any part of the world. Their selection procedure is quite strict. You need to have good knowledge of grammar. You should also possess some professional college degree.

  25. #25
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MamoniMaity View Post
    Yes, you are right. There's no dearth of work in this website. But the work is not about general writing. The articles posted here are basically written for the students of US and UK. They use your written articles as their school and college assignments.

    - - - Updated - - -



    They accept writers from any part of the world. Their selection procedure is quite strict. You need to have good knowledge of grammar. You should also possess some professional college degree.
    Thanks for the update. It is quite interesting that our articles are being used by students as a part of their project. Then that needs to be of a good standard I think. Moreover, I can't find any category on general topics. Yes, you need a degree and that is why they are asking for a scanned copy of the certificate.

    As rightly said by @ipol12 it is somewhat similar to iWriter, I think a little more difficult than iWriter. But the pay rate is very attractive and if you are really good at English you are missing an excellent opportunity by not joining there.

  26. #26
    Bronze Member Mihailo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    125

    Default

    I would suggest you to visit Fiverr. Just pick a category that you like the most and start earning a lot of money.

    Be sure to make a good-looking GIG and customers will buy it.

  27. #27
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihailo View Post
    I would suggest you to visit Fiverr. Just pick a category that you like the most and start earning a lot of money.

    Be sure to make a good-looking GIG and customers will buy it.
    I had tried Fiverr at once, however, I never had a a gig. It was fine since I am earning a good amount in Bubblews at that time.

    I also applied in Upwork recently and got hired to write some articles. I got paid with $5 for an article with 700 words. It was a small amount but still money.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 16th September 2015, 04:01 AM
  2. Data Entry Jobs , Part time jobs , Online jobs
    By tamisalem in forum Online Jobs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 8th March 2013, 03:24 PM
  3. How to Do Online Jobs from home
    By vinoindicamca in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st May 2008, 12:05 PM