- 12th May 2010 #1
- Join Date
- May 2010
Creating A Hidden User Account in windows XP
For our own privacy purpose or say it for security we can maintain and Create A Hidden User Account under windows xp operating system.
This tweak allows an account that is normally displayed on the Welcome screen to be hidden from view. To log on using the account it's necessary to use the Log On To Windows dialog box similar to the one in Windows 2000.
#[Start] [Run] [Regedit]
#Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Cu rrentVersion\
#Modify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed below.
#Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: Type Name of Account to be Hidden
#Setting for Value Data: [0 = Account is Hidden / 1 = Enabled]
#Exit Registry and Reboot...
While the account is hidden on the Welcome screen, note that the account profile will be visible in C:\Documents and Settings or wherever user profiles are stored as well as in Local Users and Groups.
- By Vignesh in forum WindowsReplies: 10Last Post: 23rd May 2010, 06:56 PM
- By deepmohan in forum WindowsReplies: 0Last Post: 2nd February 2010, 12:15 AM
- By oshhh in forum Computer hardware and software tips and tricksReplies: 8Last Post: 28th June 2009, 02:18 PM
- By saurav_k in forum WindowsReplies: 3Last Post: 26th January 2009, 02:57 AM
- By xfilos in forum WindowsReplies: 8Last Post: 8th December 2008, 01:27 AM