Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 61 to 77 of 77
Like Tree1Likes

Android VS IOS - Advantages and disadvantages

  1. #61
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    126

    Default

    The game rules are established: iOS is Apple's software and only functions as Apple wants, or you accept it or find another phone. On the other hand, Android lets you change even the application that you use to send text messages (SMS), add widgets to the home screen and even use other launchers if you wish. That's one of the biggest differences that all users know.

    But other big difference is that while Google applications run happily on IOS, there is no way to use Apple apps on Android. In fact, this does not happen only with applications: move your documents, contacts, movies, emails, music and photos from Android to iOS is much easier and simpler than trying to iOS to Android. Again, it is quite a contrast established and known between the two platforms.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihailo View Post
    I know that Sony is a Chinese company and Samsung too. Correct me if I am wrong.

    But there are a lot of bad phones from China..
    Samsung is Korean and Sony is Japanese

  2. #62
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Mate just to clear your misunderstanding, Samsung is a South-Korean company, whereas, Sony is from Japan. To your knowledge, their handsets are just assembled in China.

  3. #63
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihailo View Post
    I know that Sony is a Chinese company and Samsung too. Correct me if I am wrong.

    But there are a lot of bad phones from China..
    Hhmmm... Sony is from Japan and Samsung is from South Korea. Anyway, most brands those assemble their phones in China, and that doesn't make them Chinese brands.

  4. #64
    Bronze Member Mihailo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    125

    Default

    I didn't know that. Sorry for my mistake. I have read that Sony and Samsung are Chinese companies.

  5. #65
    Junior Member ecarrillo1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    10

    Default

    IOS is way better than Android

    Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

  6. #66
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecarrillo1985 View Post
    IOS is way better than Android

    Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
    What makes you say that? Could you please justify your statement and do point out the aspects whete iOS leads versus Android? Please do not include 'Status symbol' kinda justifications.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ecarrillo1985 View Post
    IOS is way better than Android

    Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
    What makes you say that? Could you please justify your statement and do point out the aspects whete iOS leads versus Android? Please do not include 'Status symbol' kinda justifications.

  7. #67
    Junior Member kenzenith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihailo View Post
    I know that Sony is a Chinese company and Samsung too. Correct me if I am wrong.

    But there are a lot of bad phones from China..
    Yes, I agree with you that there are a lot of bad china phones but there are also quite a few which are good. I once got a china phone which was sturdy enough for my everyday use. I used it for more than a year without any problem until I switched to iphone. HTC is a Taiwanese brand but it's very durable. I like it among all the Android brands.

  8. #68
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihailo View Post
    I didn't know that. Sorry for my mistake. I have read that Sony and Samsung are Chinese companies.
    It's okay. It's an honest mistake. But Sony and Samsung still are not Chinese companies. Maybe products were manufactured in China.

  9. #69
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    I never knew samsung and sony were chinese products, God why isn't this popularly known by the world. It all seems very Americanized no wonder China is known for making so many mobile phones, they are geniuses.

  10. #70
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challengewriter View Post
    I never knew samsung and sony were chinese products, God why isn't this popularly known by the world. It all seems very Americanized no wonder China is known for making so many mobile phones, they are geniuses.
    It's because they weren't really Chinese brands, lol! As said, Sony and Samsung were Japanese and South Korean brands respectively. There were lots of brands from China too and they were available in our market. But I doubt they were widely available in either Europe or US.

  11. #71
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ipol12 View Post
    It's because they weren't really Chinese brands, lol! As said, Sony and Samsung were Japanese and South Korean brands respectively. There were lots of brands from China too and they were available in our market. But I doubt they were widely available in either Europe or US.
    Still these top brands are actually Asian in the making and all that, I wish to visit these places and all I do hope I can travel the world and learn useful information. Happy new year to you ipol

  12. #72
    Bronze Member Mihailo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    125

    Default

    OnePlus is also a company in Asia. I like them, very professional.
    I like the design of their phones as well as the software.

  13. #73
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Android or iOS 6 in September turned out to be a drastic change in the visuals for their operating systems. The "material design" of Google is still as colorful, fun and engaging as we remember, while iOS is still the most elegant between the two. In the end, beauty is relative to the user and surely by now you've decided which one you find most attractive.

  14. #74
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hurtadoluisalex View Post
    Android or iOS 6 in September turned out to be a drastic change in the visuals for their operating systems. The "material design" of Google is still as colorful, fun and engaging as we remember, while iOS is still the most elegant between the two. In the end, beauty is relative to the user and surely by now you've decided which one you find most attractive.
    Especially with the 6S having more of a 3D feel to it, which makes it easy to navigate, my mum is getting me one this week and I just saw my friends own and I loved it.

  15. #75
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challengewriter View Post
    Still these top brands are actually Asian in the making and all that, I wish to visit these places and all I do hope I can travel the world and learn useful information. Happy new year to you ipol
    Both are really Asians and existed when I was still very young, though, not as mobile phones but appliances and other gadgets. Thanks challengewriter.

  16. #76
    Junior Member kenzenith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ipol12 View Post
    Both are really Asians and existed when I was still very young, though, not as mobile phones but appliances and other gadgets. Thanks challengewriter.
    Yes, these brands really have great appliances which are very durable. Asian made phones are good phones but not as popular as Western and American phones. Even Apple, a California Company assemble their iphones in China which I believe is because of lower cost. Samsung is a korean brand but it is now popular around the world and on the same league as Apple.

  17. #77
    Silver Member pwarbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    488

    Default

    I think a lot of brands that are based elsewhere will always turn to Asia for the production simply down to the fact that a it's cheaper for them. Obviously the cheaper the device is to make, the more profit they'll control when they come to sell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. DTH services advantages and disadvantages
    By Admin in forum Direct to home, Satellite, Cable and iptv
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12th October 2014, 08:11 PM
  2. Disadvantages of DSL
    By Anything in forum DSL Broadband Service Providers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12th October 2014, 06:07 PM
  3. Lifestyle in BPO's (Advantages, Disadvantages & Future BPO Trends)
    By SmoothVibes in forum Fashion & Lifestyle
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 23rd January 2013, 09:53 AM
  4. Advantages and disadvantages of BSNL WIMAX OF BSNL BROADBAND
    By nareshrocks in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 27th December 2012, 09:58 PM
  5. IndiaBroadBand.Net- Advantages & Disadvantages
    By itsmemad in forum General offtopic discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 25th September 2008, 07:09 PM