Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 60 of 77
Like Tree1Likes

Android VS IOS - Advantages and disadvantages

  1. #1
    Bronze Member Mihailo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    125

    Default Android VS IOS - Advantages and disadvantages

    What do you think about Android and IOS? Which one is better and why?
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of Android and IOS?

    Android is better for me.
    - Good battery life.
    - Open Source
    - Samsung, Sony, HTC

    IOS is not so good.
    - Not as good as android
    - There are not so many features
    - IOS is stable

    What is your opinion?
    Damien Lee likes this.

  2. #2
    Silver Member pwarbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    488

    Default

    Android is better than iOS in my opinion also, if only for the fact its an open source operating system so your not tied to one type of downloads like you are with Apple devices.

  3. #3
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Apple, with its so much encryption over various department, is a bit let down to me. On the other hand, I enjoy using Android as it lets us do a lot of customisation. Downloading songs or any other stuff is not a tough task in Android, whereas in Apple, it's really a pain. I also don't like the sky touching prices of the Apple devices, as it's out of reach for a common man like me. Android is categorised is various price budgets, from budget phones to premium ones. This is also a reason for me to pick Android over Apple devices.

  4. #4
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default

    I think Android is far superior to iOS in many ways. The most important factor is that there are too many options to choose from. There is something for everybody, poor and rich. iOS on the other hand is limited to Apple only and most of the people avoid it due to high price tag. You can find a large number of handset manufacturers use Android in their phone and you can have a wide variety of models to select.

    I feel one of the main drawbacks of Android is the low security, especially with regard to older versions. Nowadays we hear news of security threats almost every day. Even though Marshmallow could defend against most of these vulnerabilities, still older versions suffer. Sometimes poor battery battery backup also creates issues in Android.

  5. #5
    Silver Member pwarbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    488

    Default

    The battery life of the Android device is no better or worse than an iOS device, as you'll often read on the internet, or hear from Apple users first hand that they have the exact same issues when it comes to batteries than what everybody else does.

  6. #6
    Junior Member Damien Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihailo View Post
    What do you think about Android and IOS? Which one is better and why?
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of Android and IOS?

    Android is better for me.
    - Good battery life.
    - Open Source
    - Samsung, Sony, HTC

    IOS is not so good.
    - Not as good as android
    - There are not so many features
    - IOS is stable

    What is your opinion?
    You've stated things very well. From a development standpoint, it's easier to get things done on the Android platform. But there are also a lot more buggier applications because there are fewer checks and balances. Apple are making things tougher for developers whenever they submit their apps. In a way, this is a good thing as it forces developers to get rid of bugs before their app appears on the store.

  7. #7
    Bronze Member Mihailo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damien Lee View Post
    You've stated things very well. From a development standpoint, it's easier to get things done on the Android platform. But there are also a lot more buggier applications because there are fewer checks and balances. Apple are making things tougher for developers whenever they submit their apps. In a way, this is a good thing as it forces developers to get rid of bugs before their app appears on the store.
    Yea, agree with you. And apps on android are full of adverisements -_-...Is it the same on iPhone?

  8. #8
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Android

    Advantages

    1 - Open source
    2 - Variety devices
    3 - customization of Freedom
    4 - Wide range of applications
    5 - Tighter integration with Google services

    Disadvantages

    1 - Lack of standardization
    2 - Lack optimization
    3 - Fragmentation
    4 - Unnecessary Applications
    5 - Devaluation of the devices

    - - - Updated - - -

    IOS:

    Advantages

    Uncomplicated is your last name
    great performance
    The appearance
    The pattern


    Disadvantages

    Notifications are bad
    Price
    Unyielding as stone

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Regarding security, both Android and iOS have vulnerabilities. Compared to Android, iOS is better in security. That comes with a cost. Android is more vulnerable as it is open source OS. But because of that only, so many apps are available and many mobile companies are using it (as it is not proprietary).

  10. #10
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Windows Phone should participate this comparison. Because it offer excellent security, stability and interesting customization options. However, Windows Phone sins in App available. I got the impression that Indians do not like Microsoft Windows Phone, am I mistaken?

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Indians do like Windows, as you can check most of Indians use Windows(if you consider pirated also). But what make people to love Windows in PC but not in Mobile is the availability of Applications. Almost for every task, there is a software is available for Windows PC. But it is very difficult to find an App for Windows Mobile.

  12. #12
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shourya119 View Post
    Indians do like Windows, as you can check most of Indians use Windows(if you consider pirated also). But what make people to love Windows in PC but not in Mobile is the availability of Applications. Almost for every task, there is a software is available for Windows PC. But it is very difficult to find an App for Windows Mobile.
    I think you are absolutely right. What makes Windows more popular among Indians is its wide usage and most of them happened to use it from the beginning. If they can do everything with Windows, then why should they think of changing it. That is why even Linux is not able to penetrate among common users.

    When comes to mobile, I think Android is the most popular of all OSs available as of now. One of the reasons is that there are a large number of players in Android market and hence more options to choose from. But sadly Android is becoming the target of Hackers because of its huge popularity.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by shourya119 View Post
    Indians do like Windows, as you can check most of Indians use Windows(if you consider pirated also). But what make people to love Windows in PC but not in Mobile is the availability of Applications. Almost for every task, there is a software is available for Windows PC. But it is very difficult to find an App for Windows Mobile.
    I think you are absolutely right. What makes Windows more popular among Indians is its wide usage and most of them happened to use it from the beginning. If they can do everything with Windows, then why should they think of changing it. That is why even Linux is not able to penetrate among common users.

    When comes to mobile, I think Android is the most popular of all OSs available as of now. One of the reasons is that there are a large number of players in Android market and hence more options to choose from. But sadly Android is becoming the target of Hackers because of its huge popularity.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    34

    Default

    I like android because it is not that much security oriented. I like downloading a lot of applications both legal and prohibited and I like the feel of completely owning my phone and being able to do anything with it. On the downside I do not like all those advertisements that keep popping up in most of my applications.

  14. #14
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihailo View Post
    What do you think about Android and IOS? Which one is better and why?
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of Android and IOS?

    Android is better for me.
    - Good battery life.
    - Open Source
    - Samsung, Sony, HTC

    IOS is not so good.
    - Not as good as android
    - There are not so many features
    - IOS is stable

    What is your opinion?
    Overall I agree, however, I disagree with what you have said about android having better battery life. I can see where you are coming from, that many android devices have removable batteries, and you can upgrade, or bring multiple batteries with you. However, many Samsung devices have very poor battery lives, for example, my Galaxy S3 sometimes needs to be charged more than once a day, if I use it for watching YouTube etc.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mwazaule View Post
    I like android because it is not that much security oriented. I like downloading a lot of applications both legal and prohibited and I like the feel of completely owning my phone and being able to do anything with it. On the downside I do not like all those advertisements that keep popping up in most of my applications.
    I agree with this, I also got a custom ROM, called cyanogenmod, which further unlocked my phones capabilities. You could block these apps by using adblocker, from the play store, it blocks all adverts. Or you could install a custom ROM as most of them do not display ads in the notification tray.

  15. #15
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Yes, I totally agree with you. Battery life of most of the Android devices are just horrible. They don't even last for 12 hours. It is more pathetic in my case as I live in a low network area. That is why I use a basic Samsung Phone which can hold power upto 5-6 days at a stretch.

    Have you tried Marshmallow? I heard that it got a nice application called doze which looks after optimum utilization of battery by putting the device into deep sleep mode when it is not in use.

  16. #16
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webworld View Post
    Yes, I totally agree with you. Battery life of most of the Android devices are just horrible. They don't even last for 12 hours. It is more pathetic in my case as I live in a low network area. That is why I use a basic Samsung Phone which can hold power upto 5-6 days at a stretch.

    Have you tried Marshmallow? I heard that it got a nice application called doze which looks after optimum utilization of battery by putting the device into deep sleep mode when it is not in use.
    Marshmallow as in the new Android update? I unfortunately cannot upgrade to it, as I'm stuck in jellbean, because I am using cyanogenmod on my device. Is the doze app that you mentioned a Marshmallow exclusive?

  17. #17
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter97 View Post
    Marshmallow as in the new Android update? I unfortunately cannot upgrade to it, as I'm stuck in jellbean, because I am using cyanogenmod on my device. Is the doze app that you mentioned a Marshmallow exclusive?
    Yes, Doze is a part of Marshmallow. I don't think you can download it separately, but not sure about it.

    If you are really interested to optimize your battery use, there are a number of apps available which you can download in your mobile. There is an app called Battery Doctor which is said to be very effective in extending battery powr. Even though I have not personally used it, there are a lot of positive reviews about this app. It also helps you disable useless applications that drain your battery.

  18. #18
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    I think it depends on what kind of Android device you had purchased. If you purchased a 25 US dollar cheap Android device, You just purchased a low end disposable product with early planned obsolesce. If you purchased a High end Android device, You have something that can compete against Ios or even better than Ios.

    About those battery saving apps, they dont work, Just set your brightness to the lowest setting and you will be saving battery.

  19. #19
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webworld View Post
    Yes, Doze is a part of Marshmallow. I don't think you can download it separately, but not sure about it.

    If you are really interested to optimize your battery use, there are a number of apps available which you can download in your mobile. There is an app called Battery Doctor which is said to be very effective in extending battery powr. Even though I have not personally used it, there are a lot of positive reviews about this app. It also helps you disable useless applications that drain your battery.
    Thank you! I will try out battery doctor, as I've came across it before but wasn't sure whether I should download it or not. I'll also have to clean my device of useless apps, as I have a lot of those.

  20. #20
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihailo View Post
    Yea, agree with you. And apps on android are full of adverisements -_-...Is it the same on iPhone?
    Most times than not, it is. But most of the app developers, put ads in ways that don't take much from the user experience while using the apps,

  21. #21
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    I think it depends on what kind of Android device you had purchased. If you purchased a 25 US dollar cheap Android device, You just purchased a low end disposable product with early planned obsolesce. If you purchased a High end Android device, You have something that can compete against Ios or even better than Ios.

    About those battery saving apps, they dont work, Just set your brightness to the lowest setting and you will be saving battery.
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, which was a very high end phone at the time when I got it (3 years ago.) However, it had battery problems from day 1.

  22. #22
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    215

    Default

    @peter yes, the Samsung galaxy S3 was one of the most rich featured and high tech phones of that time. During those days, the only serious competitor of Samsung used to be Apple which still continues to be, till date. But as the time passed, more and more brands got involved into Android OS and the competition got even stiffer. At present, I guess Samsung has lost all of its charm that it used to have during those days.

  23. #23
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waqsi View Post
    @peter yes, the Samsung galaxy S3 was one of the most rich featured and high tech phones of that time. During those days, the only serious competitor of Samsung used to be Apple which still continues to be, till date. But as the time passed, more and more brands got involved into Android OS and the competition got even stiffer. At present, I guess Samsung has lost all of its charm that it used to have during those days.
    I agree, for example, back in the day when the S3 was the latest phone from Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, had no phones to compete with it. However, now, these companies make phones which are as good, if not better, than the current phones made by Samsung. For example, the HTC M9.

  24. #24
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    I am pretty sure you can do a lot of things with Android. But many iPhone users were satisfied of it. If ever I got a lot of money, I will prefer to buy iPhone because I think it is less laggy. That's what's more important to me now. But the next phone I am planning to buy is Windows.

  25. #25
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ipol12 View Post
    I am pretty sure you can do a lot of things with Android. But many iPhone users were satisfied of it. If ever I got a lot of money, I will prefer to buy iPhone because I think it is less laggy. That's what's more important to me now. But the next phone I am planning to buy is Windows.
    Windows has a very good high battery life, and iPhone's die pretty quick if you have to use WiFi or Data network, my iPhone kept dying way to quickly. I had to resort to buying a powerbank, I think every phone user that uses their phone to browse and do things with internet connection should get a powerbank.

  26. #26
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challengewriter View Post
    Windows has a very good high battery life, and iPhone's die pretty quick if you have to use WiFi or Data network, my iPhone kept dying way to quickly. I had to resort to buying a powerbank, I think every phone user that uses their phone to browse and do things with internet connection should get a powerbank.
    Yep, or if you are an adroid user, you could buy a spare battery, which are much more cheaper than power banks, and usually last more.

  27. #27
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter97 View Post
    Yep, or if you are an adroid user, you could buy a spare battery, which are much more cheaper than power banks, and usually last more.
    But I think what @Challengewriter said is right. A power bank is a good investment as it can be used for a number of purposes like as a power source for your smartphone or for a USB WiFi dongle. But a battery could only be used with that particular smartphone.

    Moreover, powerbanks are not too costly, but yes costly than phone battery. But it does worth it. I think none of the phone batteries can withstand WiFi use for long time as it consumes good amount of power. Even Android phone is not an exception.

  28. #28
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    I am glad I bought the powerbank, it is still in very good shape and still powerful after a year of use. Thankful I got a powerbank, batteries are good but not very reliable, what if the phone spoils and you have to manage another phone, like in my case. My powerbank is a saviour, cost I did not have to purchase a new extra battery.

  29. #29
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challengewriter View Post
    I am glad I bought the powerbank, it is still in very good shape and still powerful after a year of use. Thankful I got a powerbank, batteries are good but not very reliable, what if the phone spoils and you have to manage another phone, like in my case. My powerbank is a saviour, cost I did not have to purchase a new extra battery.
    One of the problems in Android is battery life. I really need powerbank as I can use it whenever I go and I have no worries of getting low battery. My phone which is Alcatel, though, has long battery life as long as I dim my backlight, turn the rotation off as well as my mobile data, then my phone will reach two days.

  30. #30
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    I once bought a power bank from a discount store, and it broke after a couple of charges. It wasn't a big deal as it was only a couple of pounds, so I didn't waste too much money. However, next time I'll be sure to purchase one from a reputable company.

  31. #31
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter97 View Post
    I once bought a power bank from a discount store, and it broke after a couple of charges. It wasn't a big deal as it was only a couple of pounds, so I didn't waste too much money. However, next time I'll be sure to purchase one from a reputable company.
    But a low quality power bank may damage your device too as there could be too much variations in power supply. So, it is always better to stick with branded electronic equipments even if it is a little bit pricey. A branded product will be long lasting so in any case you will be at profit at the end. Most of the handset manufacturers recommend to use their own charger with device as a local charger could damage the equipment.

    A device with a warranty is less likely to get damaged within the warranty period and the manufacturer is quite confident of that.

  32. #32
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webworld View Post
    But a low quality power bank may damage your device too as there could be too much variations in power supply. So, it is always better to stick with branded electronic equipments even if it is a little bit pricey. A branded product will be long lasting so in any case you will be at profit at the end. Most of the handset manufacturers recommend to use their own charger with device as a local charger could damage the equipment.

    A device with a warranty is less likely to get damaged within the warranty period and the manufacturer is quite confident of that.
    I never knew that phone manufacturers recommend using their own chargers, I've been using a windows phone charger for my Galaxy S3 for the last few months. I hope it doesn't effect my device (even though I'm getting it replaced as the screen is cracked.)

    I also didn't know that power banks could damage your device, next time, I'll be sure to check reviews and the brand/manufacturer of the product!

  33. #33
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter97 View Post
    I never knew that phone manufacturers recommend using their own chargers, I've been using a windows phone charger for my Galaxy S3 for the last few months. I hope it doesn't effect my device (even though I'm getting it replaced as the screen is cracked.)

    I also didn't know that power banks could damage your device, next time, I'll be sure to check reviews and the brand/manufacturer of the product!
    Actually, some chargers aren't very good. That's why they recommend using the original chargers for the phone, I think Blackberry chargers work best for Blackberry's than other phones. But I think Samsung is more leeway.

  34. #34
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Believe or not, Android is one of the best operating system in the present times, and will remain the same for a long time. There are so many advantages with Android OS and one can easily understand this when he makes a full use of it.

  35. #35
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waqsi View Post
    Believe or not, Android is one of the best operating system in the present times, and will remain the same for a long time. There are so many advantages with Android OS and one can easily understand this when he makes a full use of it.
    There's nothing not simple about the iOS especially with the iPhone, iPod & iPad. It's easy to learn like the android and those products are even better than most against anti theft method due to apple's find my phone programme.

    Sent from my GT-S7582 using Tapatalk

  36. #36
    Silver Member pwarbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    488

    Default

    Most android devices also have find your phone security built in there also depending on what brand you get, I know the big names do anyway.

    Basically there's nothing iOS as got that android hasn't, sometimes the android version is better and its certainly better value for money.

  37. #37
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challengewriter View Post
    There's nothing not simple about the iOS especially with the iPhone, iPod & iPad. It's easy to learn like the android and those products are even better than most against anti theft method due to apple's find my phone programme.

    Sent from my GT-S7582 using Tapatalk
    Indeed! My friend found an iPhone and she's waiting for the owner to call. He decided not to give it back. He researched from the web how to reset it because of the lock code but to no avail. I told him to just wait for the owner to call but it was never claimed. It is just in his house unused because of its security features that doesn't allow him to use it.

  38. #38
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ipol12 View Post
    Indeed! My friend found an iPhone and she's waiting for the owner to call. He decided not to give it back. He researched from the web how to reset it because of the lock code but to no avail. I told him to just wait for the owner to call but it was never claimed. It is just in his house unused because of its security features that doesn't allow him to use it.
    I'm pretty sure there is a way to unlock it, has he tried jail breaking it? I think a friend of mine once found an iPhone and successfully unlocked it using his computer.

  39. #39
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter97 View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is a way to unlock it, has he tried jail breaking it? I think a friend of mine once found an iPhone and successfully unlocked it using his computer.
    Jail breaking an iPhone isn't an option everyone wants and most stolen phones with the find my iPhone on are render useless to the theif. I've seen big androids, they aren't as secure yet. I've even when I misplace my phone within my home with find my iPhone open on my laptop I made it play sounds to locate it

  40. #40
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    I think there's also a way to locate your Android devices as long as you set up something. I am not that familiar though and forgot it. Nonetheless, it is not as secure as iPhone does.

  41. #41
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challengewriter View Post
    Jail breaking an iPhone isn't an option everyone wants and most stolen phones with the find my iPhone on are render useless to the theif. I've seen big androids, they aren't as secure yet. I've even when I misplace my phone within my home with find my iPhone open on my laptop I made it play sounds to locate it
    Ah, maybe they changed it in an update of IOS. As my mate unlocked a lost iPhone a couple of years ago by jailbreaking it, it was a couple of years ago, so there's a big possibility that it was patches in an IOS update.

    On a side note, there was a bug with one of the IOS updates allowing people to bypass the password on the lockscreen, by going into the camera and doing something which I don't rember. I remember my friend unlocking his girlfriends iPhone without knowing her passcode.

  42. #42
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    126

    Default

    For me, android would win the battle, mainly because almost everything is free, most applications can be downloaded from one place, it has open source, a large technical support from developers and the user community using android . Another fact is that the android system is very customizable, you can change almost everything you want.

    These are some of the reasons that I think would win the battle android OS vs. IOS, also because many more devices of different brands use android worldwide.

  43. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Android is definitely better. It cost less and you have more freedom with it. A lot of people only get IOS for a particular app that only works on the IOS system. Some people get it because their friends have it. I don't follow the crowd when it comes to my pockets. If I like something personally, I might spend a little more for it. If I don't. I wont spend my hard earned money on something I can get for so much cheaper.

  44. #44
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hurtadoluisalex View Post
    For me, android would win the battle, mainly because almost everything is free, most applications can be downloaded from one place, it has open source, a large technical support from developers and the user community using android . Another fact is that the android system is very customizable, you can change almost everything you want.

    These are some of the reasons that I think would win the battle android OS vs. IOS, also because many more devices of different brands use android worldwide.
    With regards to mobile devices using an operating system, of course Android wins. No other brands were under iOS, only Apple does. I may not be planning to buy iPhone, but if ever I got the chance, I want to have iPhones too because most friends I knew who uses iPhones and formerly Android users preferred iPhone. Still, I will not throw away my current Android device.

  45. #45
    Junior Member kenzenith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ipol12 View Post
    I think there's also a way to locate your Android devices as long as you set up something. I am not that familiar though and forgot it. Nonetheless, it is not as secure as iPhone does.
    I think both phones are secured, it's just that iphone security is more tight than android. I'm really amazed by iphone's find my iphone feature because it let's you find your iphone when you lost it or stolen. As for the Android, I believe it's also secured but it's more prone to viruses which can hack your phone and get your personal information. Iphones, from what I know, don't get viruses easily so I believe it's more secured.

  46. #46
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Yes, security has been a major area of concern for Android for quite some time. Hope the new Marshmallow would be able to address this to a great extent. The huge popularity of Android devices make them more vulnerable to attacks as hackers/cyber criminals look for devices which are being used by most of the members.

    But I think Android is still popular because of its user friendliness, variety of apps and ease of use. Yes, Apple phones are famous for their durability and stylish look, but a costly version of Android phones could also do the same for you. The higher you pay for an Android device, the better will be its durability and features.

  47. #47
    Junior Member kenzenith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webworld View Post
    Yes, security has been a major area of concern for Android for quite some time. Hope the new Marshmallow would be able to address this to a great extent. The huge popularity of Android devices make them more vulnerable to attacks as hackers/cyber criminals look for devices which are being used by most of the members.

    But I think Android is still popular because of its user friendliness, variety of apps and ease of use. Yes, Apple phones are famous for their durability and stylish look, but a costly version of Android phones could also do the same for you. The higher you pay for an Android device, the better will be its durability and features.
    Cost and durability is what made me buy an iphone. However, I also like Android because you can easily customize and transfer files from your computer to your phone and vice versa whereas in Apple, you have to spend some time synching your phone to your computer. Moreover, Android comes up with new ideas every time. But despite of all these, I still love Apple for its sleek design, beautiful user interface and amazing camera.

  48. #48
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenzenith View Post
    Cost and durability is what made me buy an iphone. However, I also like Android because you can easily customize and transfer files from your computer to your phone and vice versa whereas in Apple, you have to spend some time synching your phone to your computer. Moreover, Android comes up with new ideas every time. But despite of all these, I still love Apple for its sleek design, beautiful user interface and amazing camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzenith View Post
    I think both phones are secured, it's just that iphone security is more tight than android. I'm really amazed by iphone's find my iphone feature because it let's you find your iphone when you lost it or stolen. As for the Android, I believe it's also secured but it's more prone to viruses which can hack your phone and get your personal information. Iphones, from what I know, don't get viruses easily so I believe it's more secured.
    Android more popular, because there are many brands under it and so prices vary with much difference, but with iOS it is only Apple, which makes it easier to control and why I think the security is more tight, but Find My iPhone is extremely amazing, and if you guys give it a try you would agree with the Apple users.

  49. #49
    Silver Member pwarbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    488

    Default

    There's android apps like findmyphone aswell though and that's something that isn't unique to Apple.

    While they may have come up with the idea, a lot of the android devices these days also include a security feature such as that so it's not a reason to pick an Apple device over android anymore.

  50. #50
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenzenith View Post
    I think both phones are secured, it's just that iphone security is more tight than android. I'm really amazed by iphone's find my iphone feature because it let's you find your iphone when you lost it or stolen. As for the Android, I believe it's also secured but it's more prone to viruses which can hack your phone and get your personal information. Iphones, from what I know, don't get viruses easily so I believe it's more secured.
    I agree that iPhones are more tightly secured. Androids were just too exposed. I do hope that such feature should be taken in account.

  51. #51
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    There's android apps like findmyphone aswell though and that's something that isn't unique to Apple.

    While they may have come up with the idea, a lot of the android devices these days also include a security feature such as that so it's not a reason to pick an Apple device over android anymore.
    I have used the apps on the phones but they aren't as effecyire as it is quite easy to clear an android phone. If an iPhone is cleared and fivd my iPhone was previous on on it, if stolen a person can't still accesv the cleared phone as they won't know the previous users password.

    Sent from my GT-S7582 using Tapatalk

  52. #52
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    There's android apps like findmyphone aswell though and that's something that isn't unique to Apple.

    While they may have come up with the idea, a lot of the android devices these days also include a security feature such as that so it's not a reason to pick an Apple device over android anymore.
    I second your thoughts.

    Nowadays Android phones also offer applications that can search your phone if it is stolen or missing. So, that is no more a monopoly of Apple iPhones. I think with the coming of Samsung Galaxy S7, the popularity of Android is going to scale up a lot. Yes, it is a fact that Apple is currently leading the show with the unprecedented sale of iPhone 6. But Galaxy S7 could be a game changer I feel.

    Samsung has just ensured that it got something more than Apple iPhones and Google is working very closely with Samsung to give users an amazing experience.

  53. #53
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webworld View Post
    I second your thoughts.

    Nowadays Android phones also offer applications that can search your phone if it is stolen or missing. So, that is no more a monopoly of Apple iPhones. I think with the coming of Samsung Galaxy S7, the popularity of Android is going to scale up a lot. Yes, it is a fact that Apple is currently leading the show with the unprecedented sale of iPhone 6. But Galaxy S7 could be a game changer I feel.

    Samsung has just ensured that it got something more than Apple iPhones and Google is working very closely with Samsung to give users an amazing experience.
    Sounds like Galaxy S7 is something to anticipate about. May I know when is the possible launching of that new model? I do hope it would be better and less buggy.

  54. #54
    Bronze Member Peter97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    163

    Default

    I think apple products have now become more of a fashion accessory, rather than a functional phone, and that people buy them to increase their "status" and show off a bit. I'm not saying all apple fans do this, but quite a lot of them do, especially with the new products such as the iPhone 6s which is very expensive, and only a little bit different than the previous model. The price of the devices give it a very premium feel.

  55. #55
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter97 View Post
    I think apple products have now become more of a fashion accessory, rather than a functional phone, and that people buy them to increase their "status" and show off a bit. I'm not saying all apple fans do this, but quite a lot of them do, especially with the new products such as the iPhone 6s which is very expensive, and only a little bit different than the previous model. The price of the devices give it a very premium feel.
    Funny how I saw some people showing off their iPhones. When I tried to take a glimpse when they are using it, it is Android. It means the phone is fake. Lol! Yeah, iPhones wete being faked too.

  56. #56
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ipol12 View Post
    Funny how I saw some people showing off their iPhones. When I tried to take a glimpse when they are using it, it is Android. It means the phone is fake. Lol! Yeah, iPhones wete being faked too.
    Everything are being faked and the iPhone wasn't actually being faked since it was an Android operating system. Just the phone cover and look was a replica of an iPhone and not the iOS which is important.

  57. #57
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challengewriter View Post
    Everything are being faked and the iPhone wasn't actually being faked since it was an Android operating system. Just the phone cover and look was a replica of an iPhone and not the iOS which is important.
    Haha! Maybe it is still fake because it was not owned by Apple. Hehe. By the way, I wonder about some Samsung phones because before, they call fake phones as China phones. While now, it is Korean made. While others were from Bangkok. They were sold here in Philippines.

  58. #58
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ipol12 View Post
    Haha! Maybe it is still fake because it was not owned by Apple. Hehe. By the way, I wonder about some Samsung phones because before, they call fake phones as China phones. While now, it is Korean made. While others were from Bangkok. They were sold here in Philippines.
    Oh wow, I thought it was only here that people, said "oh you got a china phone" when referring to fake phones. And now the Koreans are well invested in the phone piracy business. I mostly don't look at phones now and go to the actual store of a phone to buy my phones, so I have never gotten myself a fake pirated phone, thankfully.

  59. #59
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challengewriter View Post
    Oh wow, I thought it was only here that people, said "oh you got a china phone" when referring to fake phones. And now the Koreans are well invested in the phone piracy business. I mostly don't look at phones now and go to the actual store of a phone to buy my phones, so I have never gotten myself a fake pirated phone, thankfully.
    Lol! It also exists here. A decade ago, China phones are very popular as Nokia was the most faked brand.

    Nowadays, high-end brands were being faked. I heard from a TV show once when a contestant in a segment mentioned "Don't brag your iPhoen if its OS is Android". Lol!

  60. #60
    Bronze Member Mihailo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    125

    Default

    I know that Sony is a Chinese company and Samsung too. Correct me if I am wrong.

    But there are a lot of bad phones from China..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. DTH services advantages and disadvantages
    By Admin in forum Direct to home, Satellite, Cable and iptv
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12th October 2014, 07:11 PM
  2. Disadvantages of DSL
    By Anything in forum DSL Broadband Service Providers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12th October 2014, 05:07 PM
  3. Lifestyle in BPO's (Advantages, Disadvantages & Future BPO Trends)
    By SmoothVibes in forum Fashion & Lifestyle
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 23rd January 2013, 08:53 AM
  4. Advantages and disadvantages of BSNL WIMAX OF BSNL BROADBAND
    By nareshrocks in forum BSNL broadband
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 27th December 2012, 08:58 PM
  5. IndiaBroadBand.Net- Advantages & Disadvantages
    By itsmemad in forum General offtopic discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 25th September 2008, 06:09 PM