- 1st April 2006 #1India Broadband InternetGuest
Asianet ADSL broadband connection ...am i at risk ?
Hi am in trivandrum for about 10 days and i have this Asianet Broadband connection at Home which was not used since july of this year as i stay in B'lore. Now afte turning on the PC and browsing for a while the connection slows down and goes almost dead like, I called up the help desk, a unusual upstream was detected and the helpline guys asked me to do a clean install of the OS and update the antivirus. I made a clean install of the OS and updated my NAV 2005 with the latest definations, still the same thing. One thing i noted down was the constant activity light on my Motorolas sb4200 cable modem. I again did a clean install and installed Zonealarm , belive it or not there were over 258 intrusions detected within 30 mins with almost not internet activity from my side( ie:- no messengers, did not start the browser or my filesharing client) I called up the helpdesk to report the matter , their reply was that it can be a virus Confused now forget the technical capabilites of the personnel over there i asked them if they have a basic firewall feature built at their end, The answer was to write letter to the complaints dept., wow that was fast Surprised
Newayz as am typing this down the total number of intrusions detected which are rated of medium risk by Zone alarm are 1297 Shocked , pretty nice figure for one whole day of interne activity huh Wink
So for all those who are planning to take or use the Asiabnet service make sure the your OS is update dwith the latest service pack and have the built in firewall turned on, for operating systems like 98, ME, 2k users will have to use something like Zonealarm or Sygate.
- 24th June 2006 #2shravanGuest
- 5th September 2006 #3DanteGuest
U might be having alot of trojans on ur comp.
try checking which processes are running by presiing alt+ctrl+del
and terminate any suspicous process u see which is using alot of RAM
also try clearing all the Temp. files in ur browsers temp. folder
- 4th December 2010 #4
Asianet is not providing any DSL connection. they providing broadband over co-axial cable. Note this is a shared service. speed may decreased when the users are increased.
- By anookn in forum Other DSL Broadband ServicesReplies: 4Last Post: 18th October 2012, 01:57 PM
- By anookn in forum Broadband Internet Service ProvidersReplies: 0Last Post: 12th October 2012, 11:57 AM
- By suvi in forum Other Cable Internet ServicesReplies: 17Last Post: 2nd June 2012, 05:42 PM
- By alemcherry in forum Broadband Internet Service ProvidersReplies: 2Last Post: 31st May 2012, 12:20 PM
- By naveen_cooldude in forum Airtel BroadbandReplies: 0Last Post: 3rd November 2007, 01:36 PM