Results 1 to 24 of 24

Samsung Or Sony?

  1. #1
    Junior Member lokielovesbunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    73

    Default Samsung Or Sony?

    Well, guys what do you think about these two brands when it comes to performance and look, personally I like Sony however Samsung is not that bad but still I would like to go with Sony. Sony provides very good sound quality and interface and unique look of the Smartphones, although if you see the all models by Sony. Sony lunched every time something different they bring something innovative look wise and technologies wise. Sony Xperia has became the famous series not even this but also first water proof smartphones came in Xperia series by Sony. There is one thing which I have noticed between Samsung and Sony and that's the Color factor, however both phones provide 16M color's but still if you see the Samsung phones you will find much difference may they use OMLED Screen that could be the reason. Sony shows natural color while Samsung show saturated colors I mean to say, its natural but with saturated effect. I like Sony because of look, and second performance.

  2. #2
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    111

    Default

    these days thankfully we've got a plethora of other brands producing equally good as well as better phones, albeit yes, not many of them provide any service comparable to samsung or MS.

  3. #3
    Junior Member adssolsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    32

    Default

    i agree with @Megamaverick, sumsung has among the best quality phones in our markets today. i also would like to disagree with you @Lokielovesbunny; sumsung's phones has some amazing appearances. i know Sony produces great electronics, but when it comes to phones; i tilt my hat to sumsung and Nokia.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    208

    Default

    I haven't tried using Sony so I prefer Samsung. I am satisfied with my Samsung mobile so far and I don't think of changing yet. As to satisfaction I rate Samsung as 10 and that is because I just love and enjoy using it.

  5. #5
    Gold Member nevinjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Although the choice is many, I would advise to stick to the brand which specializes in a particular product. Samsung, LG are Korean companies with various products. Same is the case with Hair, from China.
    Instead of looking at the brand name, there are some companies who manufactures specific products.
    For example, Bose / JBL manufactures only audio systems, because they are good at it. Similarly, for phones HTC and Nokia, however I doubt the market for Nokia now! Ever since it was bought my Microsoft, I heard only lay offs in the company. HTC would be a wise choice though!

  6. #6
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    794

    Default

    I think both Sony and Samsung are prominent players in the market. Yes, I totally agree with the fact that every time Sony comes out with something new. Again they did it by becoming the first mobile brand to use 4K technology. Their camera and voice quality are unparalleled. But I heard that the battery back up is not so impressive in Sony.

    Samsung on the other hand got a wide variety of models to choose from. Nobody can beat them in the matter of quality of touch screens. They got the most responsive touch screens int he market. Whatever it is, Samsung is the leader in the mobile market today and who knows what is in store tomorrow.

  7. #7
    Junior Member kenzenith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    77

    Default

    I prefer Sony than Samsung because it has better camera feature than the latter. I am not saying Samsung doesn't have good camera, but Sony's camera is on another level because it is comparable to a mid level point and shoot camera. Appearance wise, I prefer Samsung because of its sleek design but Sony is a close second. I never consider phone appearance because I look into specifications more than anything, so Sony wins my heart.

  8. #8
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenzenith View Post
    I prefer Sony than Samsung because it has better camera feature than the latter. I am not saying Samsung doesn't have good camera, but Sony's camera is on another level because it is comparable to a mid level point and shoot camera. Appearance wise, I prefer Samsung because of its sleek design but Sony is a close second. I never consider phone appearance because I look into specifications more than anything, so Sony wins my heart.
    Yes, I agree with you that Sony got a better camera in place. We can feel the difference if we compare them side by side. Sony got sharp features in photography. Samsung is no way near to Sony when it comes to camera quality.

    But at the same time I feel Sony lacks a good responsive touch screen as Samsung does. Samsung's touch screen is the best and I think this is very much required for a smartphone. But everything is based on personal preference and choice.

  9. #9
    Silver Member pwarbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    488

    Default

    In terms of mobile devices I think Samsung as the edge on most devices around at the moment but when it comes to home electricals, TV's and stereo's and other sound and vision equipment, I think Sony have that market sewn up for now.

    So I'll have to sit on the fence on this one and say both.

  10. #10
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    104

    Default

    i think samsung has been very ahead of sony....they have been innovative about their user interface programming like touchWiz UI etc.Only department sony is ahead of samsung is their camera department & its optical image stabilization.I personally liked this about sony mobile cameras-Optical Image Stabilization compared to samsung.

  11. #11
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    215

    Default

    My first ever Android phone was a Samsung galaxy Fit and I used to love that phone in the beginning. I used it for more than 2 years and within that time, Samsung launched many phones with similar features. I started hating Samsung phones since then, because all of their design were somehow very similar with a very little hardware difference here and there. Till date, Samsung has been launching very similar phones which share almost similar designs which seems very frustrating to me. Second thing I hate about Samsung is the bloatware and laggy UI. I won't be buying any Samsung phone in future as I feel those are overpriced. I don't know much about Sony phones but, I have heard that Sony phones have a very good build quality, high quality sound and a good camera. I won't recommend you to go with Samsung phones, as there are many better alternatives in the market to consider.

  12. #12
    Silver Member pwarbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    488

    Default

    You say there are many better phones on the market to consider, but you don't say which? I'd like to know if you want an android device, what is the one you'd recommend, and especially one that doesn't come with bloatware, because in my experience that's not down to the phone manufacturers, but down to Google themselves.

  13. #13
    Junior Member kenzenith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webworld View Post
    Yes, I agree with you that Sony got a better camera in place. We can feel the difference if we compare them side by side. Sony got sharp features in photography. Samsung is no way near to Sony when it comes to camera quality.

    But at the same time I feel Sony lacks a good responsive touch screen as Samsung does. Samsung's touch screen is the best and I think this is very much required for a smartphone. But everything is based on personal preference and choice.
    I had a Samsung phone few years ago when Android phones still weren't a trend and I could say that they really have a responsive touch screen. I agree with you that it will come to a person's preference in choosing a good phone. Personally, I prefer Sony phones because I always capture a lot of pictures when travelling and a phone with a good camera is the best choice.

  14. #14
    Silver Member pwarbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    488

    Default

    I think Sony have been clever in the fact that they know they can't compete with Samsung when producing an all round device, so they've just concentrated on certain aspects that might get people interested.

    The camera is just one example of that so anybody who does take a lot of pictures, will be drawn to the Sony because of that fact.

  15. #15
    Junior Member kenzenith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    I think Sony have been clever in the fact that they know they can't compete with Samsung when producing an all round device, so they've just concentrated on certain aspects that might get people interested.

    The camera is just one example of that so anybody who does take a lot of pictures, will be drawn to the Sony because of that fact.
    I believe this is the case because Sony's smartphone camera is at par from their Sony point and shoot camera. I am glad Sony made a niche market for themselves as it will benefit a lot of people. Samsung, for me, is a good phone but it's just that I prefer Sony smartphone camera more.

  16. #16
    Silver Member pwarbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    488

    Default

    I think when any one brand dominates a market, then the competitors have to look at various other ways in being able to try and compete. That, in this case is what Sony have done and it's worked out well for them.

    While they won't be as dominant in the smartphone market as Samsung, they've got a corner of the market and that's probably all they hoped to achieve.

  17. #17
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    I think when any one brand dominates a market, then the competitors have to look at various other ways in being able to try and compete. That, in this case is what Sony have done and it's worked out well for them.

    While they won't be as dominant in the smartphone market as Samsung, they've got a corner of the market and that's probably all they hoped to achieve.
    That is true. Sony just wanted to focus on their strength and at the same time try to improve on weak areas. They know that they are known for their camera and they just capitalize on that.

    But as a matter of fact nowadays almost all phones are somewhat perfect on all aspects. Now the actual war is in the pricing. Handset manufacturers are ready to sell handsets with excellent features at cheap rates. I think the entry of Chinese mobiles just added fuel on fire. I think even Samsung struggles really hard to survive in this stiff competition.

  18. #18
    Junior Member kenzenith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webworld View Post
    That is true. Sony just wanted to focus on their strength and at the same time try to improve on weak areas. They know that they are known for their camera and they just capitalize on that.

    But as a matter of fact nowadays almost all phones are somewhat perfect on all aspects. Now the actual war is in the pricing. Handset manufacturers are ready to sell handsets with excellent features at cheap rates. I think the entry of Chinese mobiles just added fuel on fire. I think even Samsung struggles really hard to survive in this stiff competition.
    There are so many emerging Chinese brands nowadays, but Samsung and Sony are just there above with Apple. I believe they already established a name for themselves that new competitors would take a long time to achieve. I agree that Samsung market is really wide because of its design, affordability and quality, while Sony has a specific market for its phone.

  19. #19
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenzenith View Post
    There are so many emerging Chinese brands nowadays, but Samsung and Sony are just there above with Apple. I believe they already established a name for themselves that new competitors would take a long time to achieve. I agree that Samsung market is really wide because of its design, affordability and quality, while Sony has a specific market for its phone.
    There was a recent research report which says Samsung could be out of handset manufacturing business in five years or earlier as they are struggling to sell handsets at given rates. I think they are planning to reduce the price of upcoming models due to tough competition from Chinese mobiles. Xiaomi came out as a big threat to them in fact. Yes, I agree with your point that Samsung mobiles are well known for their all-round performance, especially their responsive touch screens. But when it comes to pricing, cheaper handsets are available in the market with good features. I think people hardly cares about durability nowadays as models keep on changing every now and then.

    I think Samsung need to think out of Android now and develop Tizon further. Then only they will be able to keep pace with the competition in future.

  20. #20
    Junior Member Haydian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    26

    Default

    While growing up my favourite brand was Sony, whether it be for music, television and even phones, throughout the years I believe that Samsung has surpassed Sony in all aspects. High quality performance in appliances and electronics not to mention phones and laptops. Some would say itís just advertisement but which would you prefer a Sony xperia or a Samsung Galaxy?

  21. #21
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    My problem with Samsung is its Touchwiz. Well, It has always been one of the grievances of the users of Android devices from Samsung. This interface developed by Samsung to give users of their equipment more and better user experience has always been the main reason given for the slowness problems on the devices. Moreover, another problem that is pointed to Touchwiz is excessive battery consumption, which again goes to show that this change that Samsung implements the Android turns out to be positive. Even with a long list of complaints from users, Samsung has always insisted on keeping this Touchwiz and equip their equipment.

  22. #22
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    If you got addicted to a mobile game, Sony Phones have an AC adapter mode! You can be saved from over charging because you can play your phone plugged in while not using your battery. Its also easier to replace the battery of a Sony cellphone.

  23. #23
    Junior Member Renren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    45

    Default

    For me, when it comes to it's camera I will choose Sony because basing from the articles and opinions that I read Samsung has a good camera but Sony has a better one. When it comes to functionality I think Samsung has more to offer than Sony. But I guess it will always depend on the model of the phone the newer version the better and for sure companies of phones will always find something that people may want in their products and add it in the next version of their phones.

  24. #24
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    794

    Default

    My vote goes for Samsung for sure. Samsung seems to be all rounder nowadays. Be it camera, touchscreen, speed or performance Samsung always beat street expectations. I think the most important part is a responsive touchscreen that Samsung is able to deliver in its latest models. Samsung is still working hard to have more and more innovative features to their products.

    I think the actual competitions is between Samsung and Apple and all other players are only in the background. But both of them are under pressure due to rising competition in the market which ultimately lead them to reduce prices.

Similar Threads

  1. Samsung Galaxy Note VS Samsung S3
    By BLADE777 in forum Samsung
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13th September 2015, 08:07 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th February 2012, 12:59 AM
  3. Sony Vaio- the wonderful Sony Laptop
    By Sapna in forum Laptop
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18th November 2009, 07:45 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14th May 2009, 07:42 AM
  5. Sony to cut prices of Sony Playstation 2?
    By India Broadband Internet in forum Videogaming News and Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd April 2006, 10:20 PM