- 07-29-06, 12:29 AM #1India BroadbandGuest
Yahoo! to use Norton products to protect their customers
If Time Warner’s internet division AOL can start offering their own security applications in collaboration with McAfee, Yahoo! won’t be far behind.
The internet giant has now revealed that they would be offering Norton Internet security software to their customers to make their online experience more secure.
The package offered by Yahoo! would include security applications developed by Symantec. These would include protection against the most common cyber threats, such as spyware, spam, and identity theft.
Yahoo! is collaborating with Symantec to offer co-branded version of Symantec’s Norton Internet Security package. It would be integrated with Yahoo! toolbar and other products like their email and job-hunt services.
They would also be providing Norton AntiVirus and Norton Personal Firewall for extra security for their customers. Yahoo spokesperson Nicole Leverich said in a statement on this new development: “Our users want to feel safe online and not have to put a lot of work into feeling safe. With the Norton Internet package we are providing an easy way to add comprehensive protection.”
This deal is pretty crucial as Yahoo! wants to counter Microsoft’s entry into the security application market by becoming a part of the industry themselves. Microsoft made an entry into this segment by launching their Windows Live OneCare package.
- By hulandeer in forum Computer technologyReplies: 2Last Post: 06-24-11, 12:07 PM
- By Admin in forum Suggestions and ComplaintsReplies: 22Last Post: 02-07-10, 11:02 AM
- By Preeti_20 in forum Home Appliances and GadgetsReplies: 20Last Post: 12-07-09, 11:55 AM
- By Admin in forum Software News, Previews and ReviewsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-25-06, 05:14 PM
- By India Broadband Internet in forum News from the Tech and IT WorldReplies: 0Last Post: 04-22-06, 05:09 AM