- 17th February 2010 #1
Malicious PDF cause most issues in Adobe software
According to various studies, the majority of the security problems arising due to adobe software occur not due to bugs in flash software as per the general belief but because of the use of maliciously crafted PDF to use the holes in adobe reader and this amounts to no less than 80% of all the problems.
This is a considerable rise from the previous high of about 60% in the last year, and presents a significant risk. On the flip side, the flash related risks dropped from about 40% to just about 18% , this might actually indicate the preference of malware authors for PDF over flash and also probably due to the widespread use of the PDF files in recent times.
Probably its time that adobe and users take their security seriously and users still have the option of 3rd party PDF readers / creators.Join the fastest growing travel forum India Travel Forum. Become a member and share your travel experiences with others and also read what others have to say.
- By essbebe in forum WindowsReplies: 0Last Post: 16th January 2012, 12:04 AM
- By Tracerabhi96 in forum WindowsReplies: 1Last Post: 30th December 2011, 07:36 PM
- By h1231988 in forum Bsnl 3gReplies: 6Last Post: 24th June 2011, 11:58 PM
- By Anything in forum News from the Tech and IT WorldReplies: 0Last Post: 27th September 2009, 05:24 PM
- By rajan1311 in forum Desktop ComputerReplies: 1Last Post: 25th July 2009, 11:51 PM