- 02-23-10, 07:36 PM #1
IE 8 update in windows could be misused by malware author
The upcoming windows update for 7, which is targeted at European users to give them an option to choose the browser of their choice by presenting them a ballet screen is supposedly susceptible to misused by malware authors.
The ballet which is going to be introduced in response to the anti-trust cases filed against Microsoft by other browser developers with the European union, supposedly presents users with a choice of major browsers like Mozilla Firefox , chrome, opera and of course Internet explorer too.
Some security experts claim that malware creators could create similar screens taking advantage of the hype created by the original update into tricking users into authorizing the installation / downloading malware. While this may not work against experienced users , it may indeed work against users are new to internet world.
- By lubob in forum WindowsReplies: 6Last Post: 04-19-11, 01:31 PM
- By meetdilip in forum Computer SecurityReplies: 1Last Post: 02-23-10, 09:50 AM
- By deepmohan in forum Software News, Previews and ReviewsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-14-10, 10:43 PM
- By Admin in forum WindowsReplies: 4Last Post: 08-19-09, 06:39 PM
- By India Broadband in forum Software News, Previews and ReviewsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-29-06, 12:25 AM