Results 1 to 25 of 25

Durability.

  1. #1
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    105

    Default Durability.

    Sony phones offers great features but when it comes to durability then Nokia wins over it. Most sony phones are java based so are fast but there battery life is a problem and if once it falls from your hand then there are high chances that it will be damaged

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Agreed
    If you want to give a humpty dumpty fall then don't try with Sony but you can risk on Nokia
    I had a sony w300i and I had to sell that phone because of durability factors only.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Nokia is have the most durable mobile phone and more over they also have the most sturdya and rought and tough mobile handsets in the market. Sony products are delicated.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Sony handsets are best for camera clarity and music. These are the main thing i i think Sony is targetting right now in mobile market and as of the nokia it has lots of features which is something very good for professional people.

  5. #5
    Guardian Angel just4kix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,634

    Default

    As I said in one other post, I will consider the cell phone for its primary application first, i.e., telephony. All other factors are secondary to me. I currently have an O2 XDA IIi but I am not satisfied with its telephony - I depend upon it heavily for my Outlook contacts and Calendar. The messaging is much easier because of its touch screen and on-screen keyboard. In other respects:

    - It has a music player but I mostly revert to my iPOD for music
    - It has camera but I depend upon my Nikon N70 (film SLR), Nikon D80x (digital SLR), Kodak Z650 (compact digital) for this
    - It has wi-fi, bluetooth, Pocket Office, PDF reader, etc. which are nice to have

    But it is still frustrating when I wish to use it as a phone - the ringer is too low, the signal catching is poor, I often hear people complain on the other side that they are unable to hear me...
    *** Never argue with an idiot. ***

    All my useful articles and Guides | My DVDs | My Blu-Rays | My Blogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    63

    Default

    sony have great mobile phones. I have one of there mobile phone T610 and it is really a great handset. i really love its design and also it is very stable.

  7. #7
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Practical View Post
    Nokia is have the most durable mobile phone and more over they also have the most sturdya and rought and tough mobile handsets in the market. Sony products are delicated.
    Hi
    Well if u say nokia makes the best sturdy models then i really doubt.....
    Sony phones atleast have excellent sound quality even in models which are of low range .......nokia does have good sound .
    Also WATER :
    Nokia phone does not start for sure if it gets wet ......where as i have been using samsung phone which i unfortunately managed to get wet 3 times but still it works as if new......
    With water nokia is horrible ...cos i havent seen a single phone working after getting wet.....?What say ?

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Yeah dudde its true
    its not durable one
    ...but you cant compare it with the nokia
    as the sony has accepted android platform and nokia didnt

    so v cant compare both of them

  9. #9
    Silver Member Tubelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agent View Post
    Sony phones offers great features but when it comes to durability then Nokia wins over it. Most sony phones are java based so are fast but there battery life is a problem and if once it falls from your hand then there are high chances that it will be damaged
    That's why its a good idea to buy a cover case for your phone. Protects it when it falls, therefore be more durable...

  10. #10
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    237

    Default

    The new Sony phones seem to be quite durable now, as compared to before you will find that the Xperia range is quite good and durable.

  11. #11
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    794

    Default

    I think Samsung also manufactures good durable phones. I got a Samsung touch phone which is more than 7 years old now. It runs on their earlier BADA OS. It fell down so many times, but there were no issues. It got a metal body and hence a little bit heavy. But it is compact, fits well in a pocket. Once it even fell into a bucket of water when it was on. I just took it out, removed the battery, wiped it with a cloth and kept it under a fan for almost five hours. When I switched it on again, to my surprise it was working well as if nothing has happened. It is still in working condition, but started developing lines on the screen.

  12. #12
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webworld View Post
    I think Samsung also manufactures good durable phones. I got a Samsung touch phone which is more than 7 years old now. It runs on their earlier BADA OS. It fell down so many times, but there were no issues. It got a metal body and hence a little bit heavy. But it is compact, fits well in a pocket. Once it even fell into a bucket of water when it was on. I just took it out, removed the battery, wiped it with a cloth and kept it under a fan for almost five hours. When I switched it on again, to my surprise it was working well as if nothing has happened. It is still in working condition, but started developing lines on the screen.
    Webworld, you are a lucky man with your phone. I say this because the Samsungs of my friends seem disposable, I have a friend who lost his Samsung Galaxy S3, when it was high end, with only one year of use, It ocurred a problem on the electronic board. Well, Some people say: " you need to have luck with electronics."

  13. #13
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Samsung is very good, sturdy and strong. It's perfect for durability, I don't know about the new Samsung Edge though, it looks pretty fragile to me, although I like the concept behind the phone. I used a Sony Ericsson phone for 5 years, one of the first mini-xperia, in fact it would still be working right now, if not for the fact the charging port spoilt, even though the phone was small and old, it worked perfectly and it played music loud, plus the added benefit of accept almost all music formats and reading the metadata of the songs. Samsung music app does not read .m4a music, which is pretty annoying as it plays the song but doesn't show you the necessary information that comes with the music track.

  14. #14
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    When it comes to durability, Microsoft - Nokia and Apple are experts. Microsoft has several phone prices cheapest to the most expensive. Apple only has the iPhone, but the iPhone 4S offers good durability for a low price.

  15. #15
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vinisouz View Post
    When it comes to durability, Microsoft - Nokia and Apple are experts. Microsoft has several phone prices cheapest to the most expensive. Apple only has the iPhone, but the iPhone 4S offers good durability for a low price.
    How much is the 4s, and it is a great phone, but many app developers have stopped making apps that work properly on the 4s.

  16. #16
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challengewriter View Post
    How much is the 4s, and it is a great phone, but many app developers have stopped making apps that work properly on the 4s.
    In my country, Iphone 4S is expensive because here, the people loves Apple products, but I could check around by the world's markets, Iphone 4s is cheap. But remember, we are consider only the durability when we consider Iphone 4S compatibility is no longer a good buy.

  17. #17
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vinisouz View Post
    When it comes to durability, Microsoft - Nokia and Apple are experts. Microsoft has several phone prices cheapest to the most expensive. Apple only has the iPhone, but the iPhone 4S offers good durability for a low price.
    You are right. Nokia phones were the synonym for durability in past and once they stopped producing handsets people started using Samsung as a durable one. Samsung phones were very durable, but nowadays they use very cheap plastic materials which can easily be damaged. I got a 7 year old Samsung touchphone with strong metal cover. It is very durable and withstand almost any shocks. But it is a little bit heavy. but compact.

    But my Samsung smartphone is very fragile and we can feel it when we open the back cover. But some basic models of Samsung are still very strong.

  18. #18
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vinisouz View Post
    In my country, Iphone 4S is expensive because here, the people loves Apple products, but I could check around by the world's markets, Iphone 4s is cheap. But remember, we are consider only the durability when we consider Iphone 4S compatibility is no longer a good buy.
    Here you did mostly find used iPhone 4s, and used goods sell for cheap prices. I even saw a used iPhone 6 for $100

  19. #19
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by challengewriter View Post
    Here you did mostly find used iPhone 4s, and used goods sell for cheap prices. I even saw a used iPhone 6 for $100
    Where do you live? Iphone 6 used for $ 100 ???It is quite cheap. Was the conservation status really bad or was stolen ???

  20. #20
    Gold Member webworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vinisouz View Post
    Where do you live? Iphone 6 used for $ 100 ???It is quite cheap. Was the conservation status really bad or was stolen ???
    Even though I am not a fan of iPhones, a used iPhone 6 at only $100 is just an unbelievable offer. But I really doubt if there is something fishy about it. It may have some serious performance issues, may be broken or may have some bad history as you said. I think second hand mobile market is a dark world nowadays. We never know what is inside a second hand mobile phone and in case of a new phone we can atleast get the brand's assurance of quality and credibility.

    I still believe a second hand iPhone 6 for just $100 could be a trap.

  21. #21
    Silver Member Cashewfruit_wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agent View Post
    Sony phones offers great features but when it comes to durability then Nokia wins over it. Most sony phones are java based so are fast but there battery life is a problem and if once it falls from your hand then there are high chances that it will be damaged
    Sony Phones have one great feature though. They have AC adapter mode if you don't want to use the batteries, That is something I don't see on Samsungs or other brand.

  22. #22
    Silver Member vinisouz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webworld View Post
    Even though I am not a fan of iPhones, a used iPhone 6 at only $100 is just an unbelievable offer. But I really doubt if there is something fishy about it. It may have some serious performance issues, may be broken or may have some bad history as you said. I think second hand mobile market is a dark world nowadays. We never know what is inside a second hand mobile phone and in case of a new phone we can atleast get the brand's assurance of quality and credibility.

    I still believe a second hand iPhone 6 for just $100 could be a trap.
    I agree with you, it is a trap! If you buy these stolen phones, you are contributing to the black market. Criminals use money acquired these phones stolen to finance weapons and drugs.

    Unfortunately, there are people that prefer to buy stolen phones like Iphones in my country, this is the culture advantage.

  23. #23
    Silver Member pwarbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    488

    Default

    With bargains such as this, I think there's no doubt that the device will have been stolen and maybe reconditioned at some point.

    While it might seem like a good deal, the better option I'd to pay the higher price and not go anywhere near these types of offers. If it appears to good to be true, then it probably is.

  24. #24
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vinisouz View Post
    Where do you live? Iphone 6 used for $ 100 ???It is quite cheap. Was the conservation status really bad or was stolen ???
    I think the user was fed up with the phone, not everyone can use phones to it's full advantage, and maybe it was probably stolen come to think of it.

  25. #25
    Silver Member challengewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cashewfruit_wine View Post
    Sony Phones have one great feature though. They have AC adapter mode if you don't want to use the batteries, That is something I don't see on Samsungs or other brand.
    I love Sony phones and if I had to pick a phone apart from the iPhone, I did immediately pick a Sony phone. They have great features and run smoothly, they even have better durability than Samsungs.

Similar Threads

  1. Datacard Durability
    By Neetu800 in forum Mobile broadband
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24th July 2013, 11:44 AM