- 26th February 2012 #1
Advertising and spam
I have noticed none of our members report spam or stupid advertising threads any more. It only takes 2 seconds to report such a post and will help keep this place clean.
If things dont improve we will need to go back to our old ways of strict filtration and a lot of innocent posts will start going into moderation again. Please have a heart and give a helping hand.
- 26th February 2012 #2
Some of you may be thinking that reporting a thread does not cause any action to be taken. Or perhaps you may be thinking that someone else will report it. This is not true. Please help this place to make it better.
Let me explain how thread reporting works:
- when you report a thread, a new thread is created in a section that is visible to Admin/Moderators only
- admin and all moderators get an e-mail as well
- the thread tells us who reported what and why
- if the complaints are genuine, action is taken
- 99% of the times these "objectionable" threads are deleted and if the thread is someone who is advertising, the id gets banned as well
- sometimes members are warned with infractions
Most of these actions happen behind the scene. Sometimes, the action will be taken a little later but please be assured that we take a lot of time in forum moderation. But we cannot do this alone.
If you watch channels such as Discovery/NG/AP, you will know that how gazelles, zebras, wildebeests, etc. graze in a large group and always watching for predators. A thousand eyes do the job.
Hence I urge all regulars to be on alert and keep "predators" away from this wonderful place.
- 27th February 2012 #3
Do you mind putting a screen shot "where is the kill (spam report) switch?"
- 27th February 2012 #4
- 27th February 2012 #5
- 27th February 2012 #6
- 28th February 2012 #7
Some people still dont know how to report or just dont want to do that for some reason : http://www.indiabroadband.net/deskto...lers-here.html
- 28th February 2012 #8
- 28th February 2012 #9
- 28th February 2012 #10
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
- By mickey in forum Suggestions and ComplaintsReplies: 0Last Post: 29th June 2011, 03:25 AM
- By Admin in forum Suggestions and ComplaintsReplies: 11Last Post: 19th May 2010, 06:21 PM
- By meetdilip in forum Suggestions and ComplaintsReplies: 9Last Post: 6th May 2010, 09:22 PM
- By talktoanil in forum Web hostingReplies: 0Last Post: 18th January 2010, 11:53 AM